Alloa Athletic Vs Gary Caldwell's Partick Thistle

Not been to Recreation Park since Sandy Clark's last game in charge of the Jags.

Now we go there with a new man in charge. Can he get the three points we need to get our season back on track?

Here's hoping but Alloa will fancy their chances.

No idea how the manager sorts out our defensive frailties in the short term while also harnessing the attacking talent available.

Looking forward to it and hopefully we can see a first  away league  win of the season...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Thistle in relegation dogfight, Alloa 2 - Thistle 1 Shields and Flannagan on Scoresheet for wasps (feel free to bookmark).

We've got three times as many wins in the league than your mob have managed so maybe keep focussed on seeing if tattie heid can get you another win before the winter break?

Heard a rumour that you can but stovies at Recreation Park. Is this true?

I’d go with with team that finished against Dundee United. 4-3-3. Usual back 5 with McCarthy, Bannigan and Slater in midfield and Erskine, Mutumbo and Quitongo up top.

39 minutes ago, Reid said:

Heard a rumour that you can but stovies at Recreation Park. Is this true?

I’d go with with team that finished against Dundee United. 4-3-3. Usual back 5 with McCarthy, Bannigan and Slater in midfield and Erskine, Mutumbo and Quitongo up top.

They certainly did on our last visit there, IIRC it's ridiculously cheap too like £1.50. 

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:44, Paul Cicero said:

Thistle in relegation dogfight, Alloa 2 - Thistle 1 Shields and Flannagan on Scoresheet for wasps (feel free to bookmark).

Don't rise to his bait, he's a master at it.

Bit of a shitter with the trains being off (not for me, I can't go anyway). Been a good few years since we played Alloa though we did play Clyde there in one of the cups at the start of the last promotion winning season. 

Think Jukka Santala and Graham Dorrans scored for us the last time we beat Alloa away. 

Bit of a shitter with the trains being off (not for me, I can't go anyway). Been a good few years since we played Alloa though we did play Clyde there in one of the cups at the start of the last promotion winning season. 
Think Jukka Santala and Graham Dorrans scored for us the last time we beat Alloa away. 

Pretty sure we beat Alloa away 6-1 that season and Boab McCulloch scored from about 40 yards out.

2 hours ago, Reid said:

Pretty sure we beat Alloa away 6-1 that season and Boab McCulloch scored from about 40 yards out.

Same game 

image.png.8b349b199c9bdd39ded829708d346b47.png

They got their revenge in the Dave the Ukranian game later that season but fortunately I wasn't at that one

32 minutes ago, falkirkwasp said:

Depending on how big a crowd you will bring you’ll get parked anywhere around the ground

1 hour ago, Jagsman411971 said:

Where's the best place for parking?

Go to the far end of the Morrisons supermarket car park just along from the ground they dont mind , i park there myself.

Archived