Alloa Athletic Vs Gary Caldwell's Partick Thistle

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wee heads up for the Thistle fans...roadworks on Kincardine Bridge have led to hellish delays on Clackmannanshire Bridge. Fine to come over the bridge when heading to Alloa, limited delay. But heading home i would go via Stirling otherwise you could be in for a minimum half hour wait in the temporary lights on the bridge.

7 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm going to predict 0-2 win for Thistle. Simply because that's been the score 4 out of 5 times at home.

4 defeats from 5 at home at home against Championship opposition so far with 1 goal for and 9 against. Away against Championship opposition it is 6 draws and 1 defeat (to a last minute goal) from 7 games and 9 goals for and 10 against. Pretty striking figures. Let's hope there is some kind of change in the upcoming double header at home. Getting ahead would help I think.

Whatever happens over the next few weeks, really hope the club will do a proper review on how the pitch dimensions are working for us before the half way mark of the season. Maybe we will drastically improve between now and then. But needs to be looked at, would be wrong just to carry on because we made a change in the summer. 

12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Same game 

image.png.8b349b199c9bdd39ded829708d346b47.png

They got their revenge in the Dave the Ukranian game later that season but fortunately I wasn't at that one

I was there. Coldest I’ve ever felt at a game - by some distance.

Can’t make this one unfortunately but just wanted to point out we’re 5/4 this weekend, which I think is good value.

9 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Wee heads up for the Thistle fans...roadworks on Kincardine Bridge have led to hellish delays on Clackmannanshire Bridge. Fine to come over the bridge when heading to Alloa, limited delay. But heading home i would go via Stirling otherwise you could be in for a minimum half hour wait in the temporary lights on the bridge.

I wouldn't try that. The temporary traffic lights directly outside the ground are a nightmare and 500 cars trying to drive through Alloa at 5 o'clock will be more hellish. If you're a Thistle fan park at Morrison's and leave the same way over the bridge.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

I wouldn't try that. The temporary traffic lights directly outside the ground are a nightmare and 500 cars trying to drive through Alloa at 5 o'clock will be more hellish. If you're a Thistle fan park at Morrison's and leave the same way over the bridge.

And sit for 45 minutes at the Bridge- top plan...

3 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

And sit for 45 minutes at the Bridge- top plan...

I drove it the other day at 6 o'clock and it wasn't bad. Like 10 minutes extra at the most. When did you get stuck for 45 minutes?

30 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I drove it the other day at 6 o'clock and it wasn't bad. Like 10 minutes extra at the most. When did you get stuck for 45 minutes?

Last Saturday afternoon, and Monday and have avoided since.

Happy to take your steer on it though, clearly know better.

I see you are confident Caldwell will turn you into title contenders.

We've been off the rails so hopefully he can get us back on tracks...

9 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

We've been off the rails so hopefully he can get us back on tracks...

The trains are off Saturday. A good omen for us then? :P

And on the subject of the bridges 45 minutes seems a bit steep for me. Everyone will be leaving around this point on Saturday this is what it is like just now: 15 minutes delay because of the roadworks on the bridge but still faster than going through Stirling. Official advice is to park at Morrison's and stay away from the 3 point traffic lights outside the ground. 

Police are going to monitor it in case they need to direct traffic at the end of the game.image.thumb.png.43005b297249dfc9ee0947f5fa9342b2.png

The trains are off Saturday. A good omen for us then? :P

And on the subject of the bridges 45 minutes seems a bit steep for me. Everyone will be leaving around this point on Saturday this is what it is like just now: 15 minutes delay because of the roadworks on the bridge but still faster than going through Stirling. Official advice is to park at Morrison's and stay away from the 3 point traffic lights outside the ground. 

Police are going to monitor it in case they need to direct traffic at the end of the game.image.thumb.png.43005b297249dfc9ee0947f5fa9342b2.png

Oh for god sake let it go...

Anyway...the game. After struggling to find the net we are in a decent position of scoring 5 in the last 2 games. Plenty options for manager. 

Expect Thistle to bring a great support so should be a good afternoon.

We won't win a home game till the pitch is restored to its normal size . Poor teams have came to the Recs and won where the narrow pitch has suited them. Falkirk for example . Really shocked how shite they were . 0-2 my prediction . I wish the game was at firhill on Saturday

Not going to make Alloa game, but should be ok for the next Ayr game. Got to be a better showing than the last couple of efforts against them.

Anyway, different matter. I know some others are also on WAT and I hate to ask on here, but How Long does it take for them to verify and validate a new account / email. Since the start of the new manager hunt I have been waiting to get the second email. This forum can do the same job in minutes. So is it me, or is it WAT?????

20 minutes ago, fuctifacare said:

Anyway, different matter. I know some others are also on WAT and I hate to ask on here, but How Long does it take for them to verify and validate a new account / email. Since the start of the new manager hunt I have been waiting to get the second email. This forum can do the same job in minutes. So is it me, or is it WAT?????

They're doing you a favour by not letting you register on that site tbh... 

Archived