Dundee United v ICT 20/10/2108

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Your only two contributions to this thread are about a typo.

That said the game isn't generating much interest on here from either set of fans which is a bit surprising.

Thats cos the Icey Teas are bored shitless of seeing their team draw, and we Arabs are scared shitless of another false dawn.... hence the overwhelming lack of commitment from both sets of fans.

Might be more interest come 5pm tomorrow.

Maybe.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're powderpuff up front so if United score we'll struggle to get the three points. Wouldn't mind seeing Calder start after a couple of decent efforts from the subs bench. Walsh and Polworth and both far more suited to playing in the middle behind the striker but we obviously can't fit both in there so I wonder if Polworth could do a job alongside Welsh slightly further back.

Ridgers
Rooney Mckay Donaldson Tremarco
Welsh Polworth
Doran Walsh Calder
Austin or White

Would be great to see Donaldson bam up Yinited fans at full time again but I suspect that is a bit hopeful. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

We're powderpuff up front so if United score we'll struggle to get the three points. Wouldn't mind seeing Calder start after a couple of decent efforts from the subs bench. Walsh and Polworth and both far more suited to playing in the middle behind the striker but we obviously can't fit both in there so I wonder if Polworth could do a job alongside Welsh slightly further back.

Ridgers
Rooney Mckay Donaldson Tremarco
Welsh Polworth
Doran Walsh Calder
Austin or White

Would be great to see Donaldson bam up Yinited fans at full time again but I suspect that is a bit hopeful. 

How the f**k have ICT managed to go undefeated thus far with that back five? I presume their collective effort is greater than the sum of their, frankly garbage, parts. That's mostly directed at  Shaun Rooney and Coll Donaldson but I'm sure equally disparaging remarks have been directed at Brad McKay and the keeper in the past. Tremarco I've no opinion about. He might be alright.

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

How the f**k have ICT managed to go undefeated thus far with that back five? I presume their collective effort is greater than the sum of their, frankly garbage, parts. That's mostly directed at  Shaun Rooney and Coll Donaldson but I'm sure equally disparaging remarks have been directed at Brad McKay and the keeper in the past. Tremarco I've no opinion about. He might be alright.

Didn't you see Coll Donaldson stroll through Tannadice as the best defender on the park twice last season?

4 hours ago, CaleyStan said:

Didn't you see Coll Donaldson stroll through Tannadice as the best defender on the park twice last season?

I certainly remember him doing it one game, can’t remember the other.  Some players certainly respond well to a change of team/regime.

We are a very  different team to last year and hopefully will look a different team to the one we would be if Laszlo was still here.  We will know by 5pm today if we are different enough.

Im actually looking forward to the game today.

First time in a long time ive immediately taken to a manager. Didnt really want McKinnon and didn't like Laszlo at any point. 

Didnt want McNamara, hated him as a player, and i would have preferred wed gone with McInnes at the time (Dont think hed have done as well with us as he has at Aberdeen mind you).

I like the way Neilson seems to want to do the simple and basic stuff. Like attack and have a fit, hard working team which is well organised. 

On to today. No idea what the score will be now but if our best players are on form then I can see us winning.

442 at home i wonder?

Watson Bouhenna Frans Robson

Aird  Fyvie Stanton. King

Safranko McMullan

11 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Benj
Watson Bouhenna Frans Booth
Fyvie Stanton
King McMullan Aird
Safranko

2-1 United

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Im actually looking forward to the game today.

First time in a long time ive immediately taken to a manager. Didnt really want McKinnon and didn't like Laszlo at any point. 

Didnt want McNamara, hated him as a player, and i would have preferred wed gone with McInnes at the time (Dont think hed have done as well with us as he has at Aberdeen mind you).

I like the way Neilson seems to want to do the simple and basic stuff. Like attack and have a fit, hard working team which is well organised. 

On to today. No idea what the score will be now but if our best players are on form then I can see us winning.

442 at home i wonder?

Watson Bouhenna Frans Robson

Aird  Fyvie Stanton. King

Safranko McMullan

I’d have Booth ahead of Robson.  Wasn’t at the Thistle game but I believe it was a 4-4-1-1 rather than a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2.  Might seem pedantic but if that’s what worked I wouldn’t change it despite being critical of that formation previously.

McMullan playing just behind Safranko rather than right up beside him may be the best option as Safranko is the first player we have had since Ciftci who looks like he can hold the ball up and bring others into play.  That’s crucial with genuine wide players, Stanton and Fyvie making runs from deeper and the possibility of overlapping fullbacks on occasion.

I hope the players can bring the same energy to the game as they seemed to do in Glasgow.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d have Booth ahead of Robson.  Wasn’t at the Thistle game but I believe it was a 4-4-1-1 rather than a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2.  Might seem pedantic but if that’s what worked I wouldn’t change it despite being critical of that formation previously.

McMullan playing just behind Safranko rather than right up beside him may be the best option as Safranko is the first player we have had since Ciftci who looks like he can hold the ball up and bring others into play.  That’s crucial with genuine wide players, Stanton and Fyvie making runs from deeper and the possibility of overlapping fullbacks on occasion.

I hope the players can bring the same energy to the game as they seemed to do in Glasgow.

Booth and Robson, for me anyway, have been just as meh. I only went for Robson as he was the first left back out of the two that popped into my mind.

4411 is fine if its a pacey forward like McMullan but in my mind its a 442 with one wandering striker really. But i get what you mean.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

I still think on paper we're a couple of decent full backs away from being a good side. 

Now we have what appears to be a competent and effective manager in place hopefully the team can kick on and perform to its potential. 

Chuck in a decent goalkeeper and we'd be a pretty good team.

Just now, dregs 83 said:

How have we been? Twitter feed makes it sound like we’ve done everything but score

Pretty one sided and more so as the game is progressing.  Unlucky not to be leading.

Hard to believe this is the same squad of players.

Could be two or three up here.

Inverness's defence throwing themselves infront of everything and they're very agressive. Exactly how to do it at times. They're a solid team and if they had more up front we'd be struggling.

The work our players are doing off the ball is incredible compared to Laszlos time here. Still see the problems of rubbish full backs and not enough up front at times with McMullan coming too deep. When hes further forward with Safranko we're getting alot more joy.

We've been the better team the last 15 mins or so of the first half.

Good game. 

Our keeper gives me the fear.

Archived