Dunfermline v Queens

2 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
Everyone else has already suggested the best choices but I'll throw in the Ball Room. 
Best place to watch the lunchtime kick off and can have a few games of pool before the match. 

Decent food in the ballroom as well.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Never seen the ballroom suggested before tbh. 

It's a really decent place actually.

Was absolutely heaving before the Hearts game, with some joker playing "Sunshine on Leith" on a loop on the jukebox.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's a really decent place actually.

Was absolutely heaving before the Hearts game, with some joker playing "Sunshine on Leith" on a loop on the jukebox.

Genuinely absolutely bewildered, only been in a few times for pool and it never struck me as a pre match haunt, I'll try it out sometime this season. 

I understand that in isolation a Challenge Cup draw shouldn't be taken into consideration when thinking about the managers future but we played our full strength, first choice team from those available - it's not like he rotated the squad much, gave game time to the guys who haven't been playing recently or chucked in a couple of youngsters. Hopefully it's given the whole squad a wake up call and we can go back to how we played after scoring v Partick and for spells in the second half at Falkirk. If we regress to the way we played v Alloa in the league or in the Partick game up til the goal then this could be quite a turgid affair, like the two games down in Dumfries last season (the second of which was slightly worse I think but they were both dreadful).

17 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
18 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:
Everyone else has already suggested the best choices but I'll throw in the Ball Room. 
Best place to watch the lunchtime kick off and can have a few games of pool before the match. 

Decent food in the ballroom as well.

Very little atmosphere in the Ballroom, you'd forget you were going to the football I'd imagine, but as Poet says it's a decent spot to watch the football and get a few games of pool, darts or table tennis. The only food I've had out of there was the nachos and they all congealed into one big plasticy-cheesey blob within 5 minutes, not recommended.

I'm also not having the shout that the Watering Hole was for KY11 tinks only, it used to be a fantastic pub. It's also in KY12.

Do people really go to pubs for "atmosphere"?
I'd prefer it to be at the game, but a lot of people seem to think it's better to sing in the pub beforehand, sing themselves hoarse then not bother during the game unless we're winning five nil.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Do people really go to pubs for "atmosphere"?

Not even in the sense of loads of singing before a game but surely a decent atmosphere in a pub is always preferable? I choose most pubs based on atmosphere I think. 

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Location and price of a pint is probably my only criteria tbh.

If you pick your pub based on whether or not a pint is a few pence different, you're drinking too much. ;)

Location and atmosphere / customer base / quality of service is much more important for me.

21 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I undm and that in is a Challenge Cup draw shouldn't be taken into consideration when thinking about the managers future but we played our full strength, first choice team from those available - it's not like he rotated the squad much, gave game time to the guys who haven't been playing recently or chucked in a couple of youngsters. Hopefully it's given the whole squad a wake up call and we can go back to how we played after scoring v Partick and for spells in the second half at Falkirk. If we regress to the way we played v Alloa in the league or in the Partick game up til the goal then this could be quite a turgid affair, like the two games down in Dumfries last season (the second of which was slightly worse I think but they were both dreadful).

You should be grateful you got a draw in the cup!

Anyway onto todays proceedings, step forward Sir Stephen to heep more misery on you.

Archived