Dunfermline v Queens

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Our highlights make yesterday look like one of the worst games ever. 

I'm not saying this is an inaccurate portrayal of events but I'm very glad I didn't go.

It wasnt great although bizarrely your highlights dont include your best effort / Martin's best save.

It was as dull a game as I have seen this season. I dont think the pitch or our tactics helped that but to an extent the teams cancelled each other out as they did twice at Palmerston last season. Poor entertainment but a great 3 points for us.

It wasnt great although bizarrely your highlights dont include your best effort / Martin's best save.

It was as dull a game as I have seen this season. I dont think the pitch or our tactics helped that but to an extent the teams cancelled each other out as they did twice at Palmerston last season. Poor entertainment but a great 3 points for us.

The pitch? Genuinely can't think of a single incident related to the pitch, which IMO(and backed up by last seasons survey results ) in perfectly good condition

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

The pitch? Genuinely can't think of a single incident related to the pitch, which IMO(and backed up by last seasons survey results ) in perfectly good condition

Being grass didn't help  . And our tactics either ,The mans a genius . 

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It was very slippy. Several players from both sides lost their footing on it first half when trying to change direction, especially around the middle of the park, and it was clearly a factor in Dobbie miscontrolling his late chance just before our goal.

Its not meant as a criticism by the way. Any grass pitch with the wet weather we had on the day would have been the same. But it clearly affected the ability of both clubs to play fast passing and change direction at pace.

I thought they had invented something to help stop players losing their footing on a slippy grass pitch,  studded boots  I believe they are called.  Norman Jnr. seemed to have trouble keeping his feet which is surprising as I thought,  coming from Vancouver,   he would be used to slippy wintry conditions.  I thought the Queens players looked a bit more prone to slipping than the home side actually. 

On 10/21/2018 at 22:13, Poet of the Macabre said:

Our highlights make yesterday look like one of the worst games ever. 

I'm not saying this is an inaccurate portrayal of events but I'm very glad I didn't go.

3 minutes? Seems a bit stingy. Here's 13...

You're all welcome!?

23 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Watching the highlights on the Pars' YouTube, I thought it was actually a decent finish from Todd for the goal.  Pitch looked slippy. 

This. He slips a little after the shot but he clearly places it into the far corner. Not really sure why Robinson dives the wrong way

43 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This. He slips a little after the shot but he clearly places it into the far corner. Not really sure why Robinson dives the wrong way

This.  It looks a better finish there than it looked in the clip from behind the goal.  Robinson's antics help it find the net though.

I've got to say that it looks like a very clear foul from Dykes in the build up, when he wins possession.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This.  It looks a better finish there than it looked in the clip from behind the goal.  Robinson's antics help it find the net though.

I've got to say that it looks like a very clear foul from Dykes in the build up, when he wins possession.

I felt it could have been given as a foul.  however whilst the ref was a little inconsistent he was generally letting that sort of thing go.  Can't blame him for us not adapting to that.

38 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nice hefty shoulder charge, nothing wrong with that!

Having watched Dobbies chance again too, Im not sure he slips either. Just seems to get his feet wrong and knocks the ball with his right foot and swings and misses it with his left. 

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Nice hefty shoulder charge, nothing wrong with that!

Having watched Dobbies chance again too, Im not sure he slips either. Just seems to get his feet wrong and knocks the ball with his right foot and swings and misses it with his left. 

The shoulder charge appears to have largely left the game. Whilst I'm not convinced that's actually a foul, I'd accept most referees probably give it as one. I'd also agree with parsforlife though that the referee was allowing that sort of thing from both teams all day so it wasn't anything inconsistent. You can see Dunfermline win the ball from Todd with a similar challenge earlier in the highlights.

I also agree from our highlights it's fairly clear Dobbie doesn't slip. He just clips the ball with his standing foot as he's about to shoot and misses the ball as a result. Or he doesn't slip over significantly as I first thought anyway, his standing foot may have moved a little which is what causes the touch.

Todd's finish is excellent actually, guided into the bottom corner but helped by Robinson expecting it to go the other way and being off balance and unable to go the right way when he realises it.

It infuriates me when refs penalise shoulder barges but in that instance I wouldn't have had too many complaints if he had given it. He sent the boy flying which was pretty amusing actually. Not sure if Todd actually slipped before his shot, it looked like he felt after.

Archived