Dunfermline v Queens

On 18/10/2018 at 15:30, 19QOS19 said:

If Fordyce comes back at CB we'll be considerably worse at the back IMO. We can welcome back the whooshing up the park as well. He doesn't offer much going forward but he's far better at defending than Mercer so I'd put him at RB if he is to start.

I'm not a great fan of whooshing it up the park but we've been struggling to clear our lines in recent games so maybe a bit of safety first defending is what we need.  I would agree that keeping the central pairing of Doyle and Semple might be better with Fordyce at right back. 

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not a great fan of whooshing it up the park but we've been struggling to clear our lines in recent games so maybe a bit of safety first defending is what we need.  I would agree that keeping the central pairing of Doyle and Semple might be better with Fordyce at right back. 
I'm all for safety first (I literally had a go at Mercer against East Fife for not doing it) but with Fordyce (and Brownlie) it's more a habit than a necessity.

I'd prefer it to be at the game, but a lot of people seem to think it's better to sing in the pub beforehand, sing themselves hoarse then not bother during the game unless we're winning five nil.

I don’t go to a pub to sing like f**k for a couple of hours, but it’s nice to be in a boozer where at least a few other folk are going to the game as well. Sitting in a pub where you forget you’re even going to the football is a bit pish IMO.

I don’t go to a pub to sing like f**k for a couple of hours, but it’s nice to be in a boozer where at least a few other folk are going to the game as well. Sitting in a pub where you forget you’re even going to the football is a bit pish IMO.
Aye, I totally get that. Just annoying when folk make a huge sing song at a bar then go quiet once the football begins. Will sound like a total c**t here but the Germans have got it spot on.

Nothing wrong with a good sing song in the pub. As pointed out though it's when folk don't do it at the ground, where it actually matters, is where the issue is.

Poser c***s with no heart.

22 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Outwith Dobbie Id have Semple and to an extent Doyle as our best players this season so very dissapointed hes dropped unless as said he has a niggle.

You can if Mercer is deemed to be a better option. Love your posts pal but I think you will be in the minority on this one.

as you and I know it’s all about opinions.

very very harsh. IMO

44 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Very, very surprised Semple is on the bench, very harsh in my opinion - unless he has a niggle

If I was compiling a list of players to drop after that dismal collective performance at East Fife, Semple might have scraped into the top 10, just.

Fuxake just taken me 35 minutes to realise the tweet updates from[mention=7843]dafc[/mention] I’ve been following are Dover Athletic!. What’s the score?
You be not missed anything. We've had a chance, you have had one good move but it's two poor teams. We look the likeliest tbf but we keep taking the wrong option when in a good position. @officialdafc gets you our Twitter feed.

Archived