Dunfermline v Queens

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A top post Cammy.
Fordyce/Semple played very well prior to Fordyce injury.
i agree Doyle to right back also.
i don’t know about you but I have always been impressed with Bell. Against St Johnstone he was excellent........
Dykes looks knackered but there is just no big replacement to fill his boots.
Frizzell coming off after an hour yesterday is a worry. Injured or under performed???? Not sure.

Frizzell was poor at East Fife, cut inside time and time again and didn’t take on a man. I would play Bell or Norman and push Todd out wide.

Interestingly, Norman and Fordyce were brought off at HT in the reserve game today. Fordyce will definitely start at the weekend, not as sure about Norman

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You are going to have to narrow that down a bit. Both games down here were 0-0 last season (or is that the joke?).

I was meaning the second game at Palmerston then, I couldn't remember what the score was from the first game. 

Which means that must've been a great game aswell. 

Interestingly, Norman and Fordyce were brought off at HT in the reserve game today. Fordyce will definitely start at the weekend, not as sure about Norman

Who’s going to be the fall guy?.....Mercer? If so, is it a straight swap or does Fordyce go CB and Doyle RB?

2 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

Who’s going to be the fall guy?.....Mercer? If so, is it a straight swap or does Fordyce go CB and Doyle RB?

If Fordyce comes it it has to be CB given that is his primary position. Doyle to RB.  Possible of course that Mercer could play LB instead of Marshall.  I don`t see that happening but it`s another option.

6 hours ago, SueSue said:

Assuming Fordyce comes back in the defence on Saturday who drops out? 

Doyle, Semple, Mercer or Marshall?? 

I would think Mercer or perhaps Marshall.

Edit to add I guess with Harkins out bringing Fordyce in at CB and moving Doyle back into midfield alongside Jacobs with Todd and Stirling wide is another option

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

Might be arriving a little earlier than usual. Best bets for a pint?

Really depends what you're looking for. I'd always go into the town centre but others would recommend the Elizabethan. There's a bar at ground which I'd imagine would admit away fans. 

If Fordyce comes back at CB we'll be considerably worse at the back IMO. We can welcome back the whooshing up the park as well. He doesn't offer much going forward but he's far better at defending than Mercer so I'd put him at RB if he is to start.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I was about to recommend the Watering Hole but it's been shut a few years right?

Some happy memories of that place.

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye? when did that happen?  

Only last May, believe it or not.

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Everyone else has already suggested the best choices but I'll throw in the Ball Room. 

Best place to watch the lunchtime kick off and can have a few games of pool before the match. 

Never seen the ballroom suggested before tbh. 

Archived