Dunfermline v Queens

After our defeat from East Fife we head back into Fife to play Dunfermline .

If Dunfermline mark Dobbie tightly then that is our only goal threat away .

We look a tired team now not won is 5 games will be amazed if we get anything from Dunfermline .

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

2 managers fighting for there manager status possibly after today's results.. 

Nope. Despite what some of fans think I doubt the manager's position is under any threat at all just now.

Queens will be gubbed next week unless we set up with a 5-4-1 and defend like hell to get a point. I think we will set up like that but sadly we'll still blow it and get beaten.

I wouldn’t mind a 3-5-2, 3 centre halves wouldn’t be a bad idea. Fordyce Doyle and Semple at the back with Marshall and Mercer/Todd WB’s might work. Personally I’d go

Martin/Leighfield

Doyle Fordyce Semple

Todd Jacobs Bell Marshall

Stirling Dykes

Dobbie

Martin was that bad today I’d genuinely consider giving Leighfield a run out, but I reckon GN will stick with Aldo

16 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

2 managers fighting for there manager status possibly after today's results.. 

Im not a fan of AJ but I'd really hope we don't take the challenge cup into consideration when talking about his future tbh. 

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Im not a fan of AJ but I'd really hope we don't take the challenge cup into consideration when talking about his future tbh. 

Too late. It's already happened.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Assuming the Board aren't all thick as shit, then it won't be. The Challenge Cup means nothing, win or lose.

We've taken eight points from our last four league games and kept three clean sheets. Other than a disappointing draw with Alloa and Robinson's howler at Cappielow, it's a great run. If we stop Dobbie then I'd fancy us to take all three points.

Unless we find ourselves in real trouble at the bottom of the table I can't see Naysmith being under threat.  The club talk about the promotion playoffs as if they are a realistic target, but I don't think anyone really buys it.  We're not a terrible team, but we haven't got the strength of character to go on the sort of winning runs required to last the distance at the top end of the table. We also concede a ridiculous amount of goals, something good teams don't do.  Unless there is a dramatic turnaround either good or bad I'd expect Naysmith to last until the end of his contract, which as it stands you wouldn't imagine will get renewed.

As for this game, it sounds like he might juggle the pack a bit although his options are limited.  Fordyce will probably come in, at the expense of Mercer you would assume.  Whether he breaks up the Doyle/Semple partnership or not is his only decision.  There's an argument for both cases, but Doyle was signed to play right-back and Fordyce was signed to play centre half so I would prefer them to play in those positions.  I wasn't at Methil to see how Frizzell played in his first start,  but you'd imagine he'd continue while Harkins is injured.  I suppose playing Norman and moving Todd wide is an alternative.  Todd doesn't get involved enough anytime I have seen him played out wide so I'd be happier for him to continue in the middle.  In an ideal world I would be dropping Martin and Jacobs but we don't have anyone to replace them.  Dykes looked like he could do with a rest after the Alloa game, but again there is no-one to come in for him.

I'm going to go for a 2-2 draw.

4 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Unless we find ourselves in real trouble at the bottom of the table I can't see Naysmith being under threat.  The club talk about the promotion playoffs as if they are a realistic target, but I don't think anyone really buys it.  We're not a terrible team, but we haven't got the strength of character to go on the sort of winning runs required to last the distance at the top end of the table. We also concede a ridiculous amount of goals, something good teams don't do.  Unless there is a dramatic turnaround either good or bad I'd expect Naysmith to last until the end of his contract, which as it stands you wouldn't imagine will get renewed.

As for this game, it sounds like he might juggle the pack a bit although his options are limited.  Fordyce will probably come in, at the expense of Mercer you would assume.  Whether he breaks up the Doyle/Semple partnership or not is his only decision.  There's an argument for both cases, but Doyle was signed to play right-back and Fordyce was signed to play centre half so I would prefer them to play in those positions.  I wasn't at Methil to see how Frizzell played in his first start,  but you'd imagine he'd continue while Harkins is injured.  I suppose playing Norman and moving Todd wide is an alternative.  Todd doesn't get involved enough anytime I have seen him played out wide so I'd be happier for him to continue in the middle.  In an ideal world I would be dropping Martin and Jacobs but we don't have anyone to replace them.  Dykes looked like he could do with a rest after the Alloa game, but again there is no-one to come in for him.

I'm going to go for a 2-2 draw.

A top post Cammy.

Fordyce/Semple played very well prior to Fordyce injury.

i agree Doyle to right back also.

i don’t know about you but I have always been impressed with Bell. Against St Johnstone he was excellent........

Dykes looks knackered but there is just no big replacement to fill his boots.

Frizzell coming off after an hour yesterday is a worry. Injured or under performed???? Not sure.

22 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I think the same with Naysmith.  He is working with a small squad of experienced players backed up by younger players not really ready for this level. If/when injuries and suspensions cut in we will struggle even more.  Fordyce has just returned from injury which gives Naysmith a bit of leeway in defence but Harkins is now out which affects the midfield/attacking options.  There's not really much competition for places to keep players sharp or rest tired ones.  We couldn't list a full bench on Saturday because the Reserves/U20's had a South Cup tie to play which shows how thin our squad is. The BoD are probably more culpable than Naysmith that we are in this position so they will probably cut him some slack and hopefully allow him to try and add a couple of experienced players at the next window.  We are too reliant on The Dobmeister to pull us out of trouble,   and if he has an off day like Saturday , we will struggle to stay clear of the relegation area. 

On this particular game and thread,  as expected its turning into a "my teams more shite than yours" bragging match. The game looks to be heading for a draw,  either a goalless draw if the forwards don't click or a high scoring draw if defences are as bad as being made out. It would be nice to win here to leapfrog Dunfermline but I'd be happy just to stop leaking goals through silly mistakes. 

In my experience, any time we put a bit of a run together it doesn’t last and the wheels inevitably come off. Perversely, the reverse also applies, after a series of so/so performances we have been known to unexpectedly play well, and I have a feeling we will do better on Saturday. I was at both games last year, completely different games, suspect it won’t be goal-less.

Archived