Today's scores 13th

rabbie

Strain is s decent guy away from the fitba and made quite a good impression in his short time at Kilbirnie. Today wasn't frustration it was sheer petulance from a grown man , he could have seriously injured someone with his antics. Really has to take a serious look at his behaviour and ask himself if his erratic displays will forever undermine his good work as a manager.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Bluebells Are Blue said:

Totally agree with this comment!! I don't think that "everything in the Buffs' garden is rosy" at the moment! Maybe I'm wrong,but in MY opinion, the players aren't giving Strain 100%.  He's heard constantly "on their backs",from the side of the pitch,& I recon the players are sick of it.......& of HIM for that matter! I know I AM! I've always been behind Strain,but personally,I've had enough. I feel that Buffs need a shake up,& a fresh start. It won't happen though,'cos I hear that Strain had signed a 'bumper' 4 year contract. To be brutally honest,Buffs have been mingin' so far this season.....apart from the Scottish Cup match against Beith.....& a shadow of the team performances,from last season! Buffs are a good side,with quality players,but in recent league matches,is it Strain's clueless tactics & questionable starting formations,or they just haven't 'turned up'! No disrespect to our opposition,but last week at Medda,& today at Kilbirnie,are just two examples,as I'm sure most Buffs supporters will agree,if they are being honest! Nah,I'm sorry........I've had enough of the currant Buffs management!!

Thanks for raisin the issue.

Arrived late, just in time to see us go a goal behind. We huffed and puffed in the second half, don't know how hepburn did not find the back of the net. Artificial surfaces are definitely the future, two days worth of rain and the pitch was still like a carpet at the end. Just a shame we cant seem to win on the bloody stuff.

Really is a crazy league we win 6-1 last week and then get beat by a team in the bottom 3.Thanks to the expansion to 16,you feel like anyone could beat anyone. Shame hurlford have ran away with it or there could be 5 or 6 teams going for the title.

45 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Arrived late, just in time to see us go a goal behind. We huffed and puffed in the second half, don't know how hepburn did not find the back of the net. Artificial surfaces are definitely the future, two days worth of rain and the pitch was still like a carpet at the end. Just a shame we cant seem to win on the bloody stuff.

Really is a crazy league we win 6-1 last week and then get beat by a team in the bottom 3.Thanks to the expansion to 16,you feel like anyone could beat anyone. Shame hurlford have ran away with it or there could be 5 or 6 teams going for the title.

Regarding Hepburn’s chance at the end, we were as mystified as you. However the highlights appeared on YouTube last night and they capture the superb challenge by Renfrew’s number 4 (Henry) to deny Clydebank the equaliser. It was a great afternoon for him - this challenge added to a fine goal and an excellent all-round display.

I don’t like the public persona of Chris Strain, I never have, but, for Buffs fans to say he should be sacked is , possibly , a bit over the top( although most of my knowledge isn’t as “hands on” as the Buffs fans

The guy made a mistake, which he should not get away with and should be disciplined and he should make a very public apology on the back of any punishment he gets

At Cumnock, we have seen him in action before and his actions are bordering on disgraceful at times, Cumnock v Buffs at Rosebank , Lugar the season when Cumnock were promoted from the lower division as champs , he had a go at a Nock player then vaulted the barrier into the crowd and hid behind the dugout when the ref was looking for the offender

He is one of those people who is a born winner and sometimes reacts badly and you have to decide whether his good points outweigh his bad and back him or sack him

I would also say, having been a very vocal tormentor of him over the years , if you are big enough to dish out the treatment to a coach/ player , suck it up and be big enough to take it back, to a certain level, without whining
If it’s good enough to give, it’s good enough to take back

I don’t like the public persona of Chris Strain, I never have, but, for Buffs fans to say he should be sacked is , possibly , a bit over the top( although most of my knowledge isn’t as “hands on” as the Buffs fans

The guy made a mistake, which he should not get away with and should be disciplined and he should make a very public apology on the back of any punishment he gets

At Cumnock, we have seen him in action before and his actions are bordering on disgraceful at times, Cumnock v Buffs at Rosebank , Lugar the season when Cumnock were promoted from the lower division as champs , he had a go at a Nock player then vaulted the barrier into the crowd and hid behind the dugout when the ref was looking for the offender

He is one of those people who is a born winner and sometimes reacts badly and you have to decide whether his good points outweigh his bad and back him or sack him

I would also say, having been a very vocal tormentor of him over the years , if you are big enough to dish out the treatment to a coach/ player , suck it up and be big enough to take it back, to a certain level, without whining
If it’s good enough to give, it’s good enough to take back
My daughter who isn't a kid by the way, she is a young adult with severe learning difficulties, autism and is partially sighted , most certainly did not dish any abuse to anyone. Football is her life and one of the only things she leaves the house for. If the ball had hit her or indeed anyone else in that stand, including women, children and pensioners it could have set us back years in her development. Apparently he went into the pavilion afterwards but of course we would have been well on our way home on the train by this time. I live in Kilwinning by the way. How ironic eh!!

Regarding Hepburn’s chance at the end, we were as mystified as you. However the highlights appeared on YouTube last night and they capture the superb challenge by Renfrew’s number 4 (Henry) to deny Clydebank the equaliser. It was a great afternoon for him - this challenge added to a fine goal and an excellent all-round display.
Just sifted through the photos and in fairness Henry is throwing himself in front of everything the whole game including a terrific block on Del Hepburn's effort at the end. An easy man of the match choice.

19 minutes ago, Essdee said:
3 hours ago, omar said:

Just sifted through the photos and in fairness Henry is throwing himself in front of everything the whole game including a terrific block on Del Hepburn's effort at the end. An easy man of the match choice.

I fully agree with that, and Clydebank probably were worthy of pulling a goal back with the good spells that they had at the end of either half. (The fact that Renfrew’s two best players were probably the central defenders says a lot.) Having said that, Renfrew have been victims of late goals on a couple of occasions this season, so I’m certainly glad of the three points. 

My daughter who isn't a kid by the way, she is a young adult with severe learning difficulties, autism and is partially sighted , most certainly did not dish any abuse to anyone. Football is her life and one of the only things she leaves the house for. If the ball had hit her or indeed anyone else in that stand, including women, children and pensioners it could have set us back years in her development. Apparently he went into the pavilion afterwards but of course we would have been well on our way home on the train by this time. I live in Kilwinning by the way. How ironic eh!!

I am sorry if my post came across that I was saying the Strain shouldn’t be taken to task for what he did, he should pay a heavy penalty for stepping way over the bounds of what is acceptable

He should be made to apologise publicly for his behaviour , but, I do not believe he would have done that if he had time to think his actions through and I think he just saw it as a bunch of people who had given him pelters during the game

This is the problem when people say/ do things without thinking about things first eg : telling someone their child needs a smack for their behaviour without stopping to think why the child is behaving in that way is it Autism, ADHD Etc etc

I take on board your comments and someone should make him aware of your individual situation and the impact his actions could have had and it might (hopefully) stop him reacting like that again

Hope your daughter is ok and it doesn’t deter her or yourself from going to the games which she obviously has a passion for and I am sure are good therapy for her till some idiot spoils it

All the best mate

I am sorry if my post came across that I was saying the Strain shouldn’t be taken to task for what he did, he should pay a heavy penalty for stepping way over the bounds of what is acceptable

He should be made to apologise publicly for his behaviour , but, I do not believe he would have done that if he had time to think his actions through and I think he just saw it as a bunch of people who had given him pelters during the game

This is the problem when people say/ do things without thinking about things first eg : telling someone their child needs a smack for their behaviour without stopping to think why the child is behaving in that way is it Autism, ADHD Etc etc

I take on board your comments and someone should make him aware of your individual situation and the impact his actions could have had and it might (hopefully) stop him reacting like that again

Hope your daughter is ok and it doesn’t deter her or yourself from going to the games which she obviously has a passion for and I am sure are good therapy for her till some idiot spoils it

All the best mate
Not really concerned about my individual situation. There were dozens of others in there. We were just an example in the crowd. Anyway think we should move on. Mr Strain vented his frustration in his way and I have vented on P&B. Thanks for your comments. I'm sure she is still keen to be at Meadow Park on Saturday.

Not really concerned about my individual situation. There were dozens of others in there. We were just an example in the crowd. Anyway think we should move on. Mr Strain vented his frustration in his way and I have vented on P&B. Thanks for your comments. I'm sure she is still keen to be at Meadow Park on Saturday.

That’s great mate, don’t let anybody stop her from going , she obviously loves it

Took in Cumnock v Beith yesterday. I am sitting here on ma couch still wondering how Cumnock managed to get a draw.#outplayed

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They will have celebrated as if they won the game, probably ran to the opposition and gestured to them.

Congratulations to Cumnock on yet another draw trophy

Archived