Driving Annoyances

Ned Nederlander

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Slightly off topic but how satisfying is it when someone overtakes you at a stupid speed then you catch them up at traffic lights.

Well well well

:lol:

Not as fun as when you pass them sitting at the side of the road with the cop car behind them.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not as fun as when you pass them sitting at the side of the road with the cop car behind them.
Only had this pleasure once. Got passed by Merc who'd been sitting on my back bumper between Blair Atholl and the start of the dual carriageway to Drumochter Pass, he tore past me then got pulled by speedcops. I passed the c**t accompanied by cop car in the last Layby before Dalwhinnie [emoji38] Sensibly resisted the temptation to beep the horn and wave. I'd contributed to his seethe earlier by booting it at the end of the dualler a couple of miles before Blair Atholl as he was trying to horse it over the chevrons at the lane merge to get in between me and a van ahead. c**t.

23 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Blind c***s that can’t drive in the dark and have to slow down to a crawl when there’s a car coming the other way. Even worse if it’s wet

That’s me to be honest. I have a real difficulty in the dark when it’s wet, can’t see shit.

On ‎17‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 22:04, D.A.F.C said:

People who indicate to go straight ahead at a roundabout. Why? 

People who don't indicate. (Correctly)

Selfish drivers. 

BMW or Audi company car wankers.

People who only go to the petrol station on the side where their petrol cap is. It can reach you fucktards.

These

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:44, stu_mfc said:

1. People who park against oncoming traffic especially at night and leave their lights on.

2. People who use indicators to indicate what they are going to do 0.0000001 secs after putting them on and cut you up on motorways going into gaps that are too small.

3. People who will leave 30 yds space driving past parked cars but 1/2 an inch with oncoming traffic.

4. Lane hoggers on the motorway.

5. The M8, been constant closures at night around Glasgow for ages now.

And these

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:33, Dons_1988 said:

1. People who slow down to about 40mph for a speed camera (on a dual carriageway obviously)

2. People who slow down to about 40mph to turn off a dual carriageway instead of using the slowing lane to slow down.

3. People who sit in the fast lane at about 50mph when they're not overtaking

4. People who park across two spaces or generally like a c**t in busy car parks

5. Tailgating but special mention to arseholes who drive right up the arse of learner drivers

These also

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 13:54, ArabGaz said:

Spot on. Also arseholes who sound their horn after a learner driver has stalled the car at traffic lights. Those people should be forced to walk barefoot across a sea of lego for eternity.

And this.

B******* one and all.

1/ People who park in a disabled bay without displaying a disabled badge.

2/ People who park in a disabled bay using someone else's badge.

3/ People who park in a parent & child space with no children in the car.

4/ People who park on double yellow lines because they're too lazy to walk from where it's allowed to park.

5/ People who don't dip until they see your car, despite the fact they know you're approaching.

On 17/10/2018 at 22:09, D.A.F.C said:

Slightly off topic but how satisfying is it when someone overtakes you at a stupid speed then you catch them up at traffic lights.

Well well well

:lol:

Was on a back road in Falkirk when 2 company vans came racing up behind me.

1 oxygen thief went shooting by me at a blind bend showing off to the other van and his passenger no doubt.

I gave him a big flash of the lights and a what was that about gesture. He seen it and flashed his hazards at me as if I'm the bad c**t here.

Half a mile later and I'm sat at traffic lights with him infront and his buddy behind me thinking he could easily have wiped out someone all in the name in showing off.

If the vehicle I was in had a dashcam I would have sent the footage to his company as that shite is bang out of order.

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Half a mile later and I'm sat at traffic lights with him infront and his buddy behind me thinking he could easily have wiped out someone all in the name in showing off these c**** go f****** do me here.

There you go

8 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

1 oxygen thief went shooting by me at a blind bend showing off to the other van and his passenger no doubt.

I gave him a big flash of the lights and a what was that about gesture. He seen it and flashed his hazards at me as if I'm the bad c**t here.

Half a mile later and I'm sat at traffic lights with him infront and his buddy behind me thinking he could easily have wiped out someone all in the name in showing off.

If the vehicle I was in had a dashcam I would have sent the footage to his company as that shite is bang out of order.

Grass IMO.

Not going to lie, since I realised that it winds people up so much, I've started only using the petrol pumps on the same side as the petrol cap.

It probably began as a "I can't be arsed dragging the hose" type thing, but the seethe it induces has kept me doing it. :)

On 18/10/2018 at 17:44, stu_mfc said:

2. People who use indicators to indicate what they are going to do 0.0000001 secs after putting them on and cut you up on motorways going into gaps that are too small.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving in the right hand lane of a dual carriageway approaching traffic lights on red with a car in the left lane with his arse end about level with the front of my car. The two lanes were soon about to become four as there were two filter lanes on the right coming up for right turning traffic. Cunto on my left decides to give me exactly the amount of notice you've mentioned before cutting right across in front of me and into the filter lane on my right.  I jump on the brakes and the horn at the same time before pulling level with him at the lights. I'm staring at the c**t, tapping my temple asking him if he's mental,

Spoiler

5bcd9a6c42224_unnamed(17).gif.5adc52353d7307042c6a4c3c8f051bdd.gif

and he's looking back at me opening and closing his hand in an apparent indicator gesture. Both windows go down and he asks me if I saw his indicator before I launch into an almighty spiel about how indicating at the same time as performing the manouvre is no good to anyone and how an indicator is to notify other drivers of what your intention is so they can plan ahead. All the while I'm thinking "How do I know this guy?" The exchange ended with us silently staring at each other for about 5 seconds, both obviously trying to figure out where we know each other from. Took me about 10 minutes to realise he's my doctor. I won't be using him again. 

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not going to lie, since I realised that it winds people up so much, I've started only using the petrol pumps on the same side as the petrol cap.

It probably began as a "I can't be arsed dragging the hose" type thing, but the seethe it induces has kept me doing it. :)

The seethe of people who pass you to make use of the free pump?

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 00:14, Gaz FFC said:

Well there was me thinking flashing your hazards meant the same as giving someone a wee wave thank you, or sorry mate where appropriate,   I made a c**t of the earlsgate shortly after they put in the new traffic lights and lanes and accidently cut a boy off, gave him the hazards to acknowledge my wrongdoing then  he wanted me to pull over for a square go , my reply of " f**k off mate we aw make mistakes " seemed to further upset him

well, every day's a school day as they say

On 22/10/2018 at 07:14, Gaz FFC said:

Someone using hazards like that is usually a way of recognising their mistake and apologising. 

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Someone using hazards like that is usually a way of recognising their mistake and apologising. 

Not the way he was gesturing at me.

Also how can it be a mistake to overtake someone on a single lane road and I wasn't even going very slow?

5 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Not the way he was gesturing at me.

Also how can it be a mistake to overtake someone on a single lane road and I wasn't even going very slow?

I think you've answered your own question there. Add that to the fact that you said it was a blind bend. Usually hazards is someone acknowledging they've fucked up/pissed you off. 

What were his gestures? I'm guessing 5 knuckle shuffle or middle finger? 

58 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I think you've answered your own question there. Add that to the fact that you said it was a blind bend. Usually hazards is someone acknowledging they've fucked up/pissed you off. 

What were his gestures? I'm guessing 5 knuckle shuffle or middle finger? 

It was the hand up 'what's your problem' motion.

Worrying if overtaking on a narrow back road and right at the blind bend is normal for this fella. 

Certainly enough for him to ask me why I'm annoyed.

ETA you're correct on the use of hazards but as I said with his gesture and the fact it wasn't a mistake and more a show off he most certainly wasn't apologising to me.

On 10/17/2018 at 22:09, D.A.F.C said:

Well well well

You have to take what you can get I suppose :lol: 

On 22/10/2018 at 10:45, Dee Man said:

A couple of weeks ago I was driving in the right hand lane of a dual carriageway approaching traffic lights on red with a car in the left lane with his arse end about level with the front of my car. The two lanes were soon about to become four as there were two filter lanes on the right coming up for right turning traffic. Cunto on my left decides to give me exactly the amount of notice you've mentioned before cutting right across in front of me and into the filter lane on my right.  I jump on the brakes and the horn at the same time before pulling level with him at the lights. I'm staring at the c**t, tapping my temple asking him if he's mental,

Hide contents

5bcd9a6c42224_unnamed(17).gif.5adc52353d7307042c6a4c3c8f051bdd.gif

and he's looking back at me opening and closing his hand in an apparent indicator gesture. Both windows go down and he asks me if I saw his indicator before I launch into an almighty spiel about how indicating at the same time as performing the manouvre is no good to anyone and how an indicator is to notify other drivers of what your intention is so they can plan ahead. All the while I'm thinking "How do I know this guy?" The exchange ended with us silently staring at each other for about 5 seconds, both obviously trying to figure out where we know each other from. Took me about 10 minutes to realise he's my doctor. I won't be using him again. 

Reminds me of the old tale of road rage between an interviewer and an interviewee, both on their way to said interview.

Archived