Driving Annoyances

Ned Nederlander

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been behind learners who are doing so much wrong it's become pretty obvious that driving instructors need taken out with a machine gun.

Last week I was behind someone who had went out with some family member and stuck the L plate on the motor. Shame neither of them had noticed it was dark and the reason everyone is flashing at you is you have no lights on.

I've recently invested in a dashcam due to the terrible quality of driving I see daily.

23 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Not much annoys me, but there should be a special place in hell reserved for people who indicate right to go straight through a roundabout. 

I've noticed this as a new habit and will happily strangle the origin of this terrible habit

On 12/10/2018 at 23:25, killiefan27 said:

Where two lanes merge into one, or two into three, and people go zooming up outside right to the point where it merges and expect you to let them in.

If you're in a traffic jam then fair enough, but I'm not taking evasive action just because you can't read road signs.

I was driving on the freeway (motorway) in my truck in Perth last Thursday. The lane on my right was coming to an end due to roadworks and was merging with my lane about 100 yards ahead. There was a car about halfway to 3/4 of the way to the rear of my trailer that didn't seem to realise that their lane was coming to an end. Once they eventually realised, rather than brake and fall in behind me, they thought the best option would be to floor it despite it being glaringly obvious there was not going to be anywhere near enough room to pull off that manouvre. Needless to say, their attempt to squeeze in front of me was futile and resulted in us colliding. 

The best part of the story is it was an unmarked police car. We both pulled over to the hard shoulder, they turned their internal flashing lights on. I was waiting on them attempting to blame me but they couldn't have been any nicer. The driver got out holding his hands up in that apologetic way and the both of them jumped in my cab apologising and saying it was their fault. "No shit Sherlock, you should've been a detective" is what I didn't say but later on thought that would've been a good line at the time. I was going to phone them up and say it but I felt that the moment had been lost in those 3 hours. 

Here's the damage to their car for anyone remotely interested...

20181011_230550.thumb.jpg.dfc27713ad9db6b45cc1572253f72e56.jpg

1 - I come off the M9/M876 at Haggs most nights. I take great delight at driving at the same speed as a lorry that is heading straight towards Castlecary thus holding up all the smart arses who stay in the slip road to gain a 30 second advantage (if you are lucky) on the motorists who actually merge correctly. Arseholes.

2 - Speaking of Castlecary, traffic calming areas. People who think you have a 1000 yard stare when you actually do the courteous thing and give way to let them through are arseholes. I acknowledge them though, to try and make them feel guilty. It makes me feel better.

3 - Four way sets of temporary traffic lights where at least two of the junctions only actually get used about three times a week.

4 - Sunday morning cycle clubs.

5 - People who park in disabled spaces without a badge or people who would like to take their car into the supermarket if they could in general, you know the type.

5 hours ago, statts1976uk said:

Drivers driving the wrong way in a motorway is definitely a great annoyance especially if they are towing a caravan!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-45869648

Couple in their eighties, both dead plus the driver of an oncoming car.

47 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Couple in their eighties, both dead plus the driver of an oncoming car.

I posted that before the news broke about the deaths, timing is quite clearly not my strong point today. 

It does raise questions about whether people of a certain age should be retaking driving tests or whether everyone should have some form of regular training.

On 13/10/2018 at 09:29, The Mantis said:

People that can’t use their handbrake at traffic lights for a couple of minutes, but would rather dazzle you with their high-intensity brake lights.

There are human beings who get dazzled by brake lights?

On 13/10/2018 at 12:37, jupe1407 said:
On 13/10/2018 at 00:33, scotfree said:
I slowed down considerably on sections she couldn't overtake on, and floored it just enough on the straights to make an overtake a bit of a gamble. Tremendous.

I do the very same thing all the time.  Drive at 50 when there's a stream of cars coming the other way, then when it's clear I go right up to 70/75 with the sole intention of making sure the cunt behind me, almost with his shaft in my anus he's that close,  stays there.

People who indicate to go straight ahead at a roundabout. Why? 

People who don't indicate. (Correctly)

Selfish drivers. 

BMW or Audi company car wankers.

People who only go to the petrol station on the side where their petrol cap is. It can reach you fucktards.

1. People who park against oncoming traffic especially at night and leave their lights on.

2. People who use indicators to indicate what they are going to do 0.0000001 secs after putting them on and cut you up on motorways going into gaps that are too small.

3. People who will leave 30 yds space driving past parked cars but 1/2 an inch with oncoming traffic.

4. Lane hoggers on the motorway.

5. The M8, been constant closures at night around Glasgow for ages now.

1. People who slow down to about 40mph for a speed camera (on a dual carriageway obviously)

2. People who slow down to about 40mph to turn off a dual carriageway instead of using the slowing lane to slow down.

3. People who sit in the fast lane at about 50mph when they're not overtaking

4. People who park across two spaces or generally like a c**t in busy car parks

5. Tailgating but special mention to arseholes who drive right up the arse of learner drivers

5. Tailgating but special mention to arseholes who drive right up the arse of learner drivers

Spot on. Also arseholes who sound their horn after a learner driver has stalled the car at traffic lights. Those people should be forced to walk barefoot across a sea of lego for eternity.

23 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I do the very same thing all the time.  Drive at 50 when there's a stream of cars coming the other way, then when it's clear I go right up to 70/75 with the sole intention of making sure the c**t behind me, almost with his shaft in my anus he's that close,  stays there.

Driving back to Inverness from a Brora game I got tailgated on a straight section by someone in a Fiat 500 when going 60/65 in my poxy Micra. Hit a bendy bit and I kept going at pretty much the same speed, the Fiat fell way behind until the next straight section when it caught up, engine screaming. Then another bendy section and repeat for the next half hour. Wasn't going to go over 65 with 6 points on my license so got bored and just pulled over in a layby to let them pass.

Archived