Time for Eck to go already!

Caley Shaun

45 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As far as I'm aware, we're still seen as a pretty decent gig financially for a national team managerial post, as such I find it extremely bizarre that McLeish was seen as the best candidate for the role.

The bottom line is that the team, whether up to it or not, appear disinterested and tactically lost, that in itself should be more than enough to immediately look for a change.

He wasnt. Best case scenario, they saw him as 3rd (and even that’s not right).  They went for 2 managers before him and got the knock back.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RobbieD said:

He wasnt. Best case scenario, they saw him as 3rd (and even that’s not right).  They went for 2 managers before him and got the knock back.

Do we not advertise the position though ?

Surely it's a case of someone applying must want the job as opposed to us going headhunting ??

I'm obviously well aware of the Michael O'Neill situation but how much is paper talk and media speculation rather than factual ?

Or, are we so amateurish that someone just thought, "Oh, there's big Eck looking for a job, let's see him all right" !!

The management situation at Scotland  is so similar to what happened at County..

A manager Owen Coyle was appointed well past his sell by date , still living in England  along with his coach who's football viewing was based around the English Championship.. Shades of Big Eck and Peter Grant . But we had a chairman with "the balls" to sack him before there was a player revolt. Unfortunately the SFA are led by the two idiots who appointed Eck (one of whom claims to have known him since 1887) ,and if he goes then surely they must go ,especially in the light of the allegations of their unfriendly gestures at the end of the game to the Scotland supporters who didn't have the all expenses paid jolly they were on .

1 hour ago, coach said:

McLeish should never have been appointed. Sacked in

previous club jobs told a story, and when it was obvious

he wasn't going to get a sniff at the Rangers vacancy

again, he more or less begged for the national shift

when the SFA cocked-up the task of appointing a

better candidate. I would like to know exactly what

qualities Grant and McFadden bring to the backroom

staff/on the training park/and match days. Players

seeking advice from the sidelines - mostly about the

system the manager in employing - is a disgrace.

I'm currently in the process of putting some guitar chords to that. Write a couple more verses and we could have a hit single on our hands.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, there's obviously serious problems there.

There is no togetherness with the team and the amount of call offs and mystery "injuries" tells you that there's a massive rift between various parties within the dressing room. 

I also can't recall anyone making or even attempting to make a tackle in the whole 2nd half last night and that's just unforgivable as far as I'm concerned.

It's also utter bullshit. There's plenty to criticize from last night without resorting to making up lies.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

It's also utter bullshit. There's plenty to criticize from last night without resorting to making up lies.

Shut it, ya clown.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Shut it, ya clown.

I just don't need see the need to invent blatant pish when there is so much stuff, stuff that actually happened, to criticize the team for.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I just don't need see the need to invent blatant pish when there is so much stuff, stuff that actually happened, to criticize the team for.

We obviously watched a different game in the second half. I didn't see players who were interested or committed, you obviously did.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We obviously watched a different game in the second half. I didn't see players who were interested or committed, you obviously did.

Now you're changing things. You said you didn't see anyone put in a tackle in the whole of the second half.

You're also resorting to cliches. Next up I believe should be 'no passion'. 

Get the players tae tan doon a boatle o irun broo at hauf time. That'll get them fired up. Who needs fitness, technique, tactics, structure, awareness or basic ball skills when you have PASSION and DESIRE?

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Now you're changing things. You said you didn't see anyone put in a tackle in the whole of the second half.

You're also resorting to cliches. Next up I believe should be 'no passion'. 

Dear oh dear, you really are hard work.

I think I've made myself clear how I felt, if you saw it differently, fine.............

12 minutes ago, nsr said:

Get the players tae tan doon a boatle o irun broo at hauf time. That'll get them fired up. Who needs fitness, technique, tactics, structure, awareness or basic ball skills when you have PASSION and DESIRE?

There isn't enough sugar in Irn Bru to get the PASSION and DESIRE going anymore.  Fucking SNP.

McLeish is a dinosaur, his tactics seem completely at odds with the strengths of the players he has at his disposal.  Why he didn't play a system with 4 at the back that would have allowed Scotland's best player (Robertson) to play his natural position and why he played a system that didn't allow an in-form player like James Forrest to play is beyond me.  Plus, even though Kevin McDonald is getting more football than Stuart Armstrong he is nowhere near the player Armstrong is, especially in terms of creativitiy. 

An old boys club appointment of a guy who hasn't lasted more than 1 year in a job since Rangers still existed.

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

And after about 15 games unbeaten and in the aftermath of a 0-0 draw with Ayr United, the poster in question was calling for John Robertson to be sacked.

Peak Scottish football.

Archived