Time for Eck to go already!

Caley Shaun

I think the Ryan Fraser call off thing has been slightly  exaggerated. He was first called up last year and has withdrawn from 3 squads (unfortunately I think they might have been 2 in a row which is why it seems pretty bad).

Other players have/had much worse records than that. James Forrest for example called off 6 out of the first 9 squads he was called up for. At one point he literally had double the number of call offs he did caps.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GordonS said:

So on the "is Tierney skiving" issue...

Tierney has played 29 matches this season already and it's only the middle of November. In 26 of those games he played the whole match, he's been subbed twice and come off the bench once. He's played every minute of 14 games in a little over 8 weeks.

Celtic still have 26 league games to go, a League Cup final and up to 5 Scottish Cup ties, plus replays. That could well be 32 domestic matches to go. They have two more Europa League games, and maybe more. Scotland could have 4 Euro 2020 qualifiers too, so he's easily looking at a 67 match season. If Celtic make the Europa League final (I know, I know) you could put 11 more matches on that. He's one of his team's best, most important players and his job is to bomb up and down the flank all day.

I can feel my calves tightening just thinking about it.

How does that compare to Callum McGregors game time?

Two goals against Lebanon.
Thats, Lebanon, btw.
ETA: Le-ba-non.

And one of them was a huge deflection and terrible goalkeeping.

I’m no McLeish fan, but he’s quite right on that. There are five or six players far better than Boyle ahead of him.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I see Marin Boyle scored 2 goals for Oz today. I really rate this guy, McLeish is a c**t

Come on, you'd start Boyle ahead of Fraser or Forrest?

By the sounds of it, McLeish was honest and respectful to Boyle, telling him he would be unlikely to force his way ahead of these two (and others) and advising him to go for a healthy international career with Australia. Hardly cuntish behaviour.

14 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

McLeish has done a lot of bad things. Not calling up Martin fucking Boyle definitely isn't one of them.

McLeish wasn't wanted from the start (by myself included) so every wee thing he does now is being used as an excuse to empty him. If it's not how he speaks in interviews or how players don't want to play for him, it's not calling up below par players like Martin Boyle.

On 17/11/2018 at 12:05, RandomGuy. said:

McLeish has blamed Livingstons pitch for Kieran Tierneys injury :lol:

Tierney's effectively played this down now. He said: "I’m fine to play on any surface. My injury could’ve happened on a grass surface too."

What a tit McLeish is.

Archived