Next Month face Albiana and Isarel

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

By all accounts, Bates has been totally horrific in the German 2nd division and Paterson is pretty horrendous when played at Right Back. I fully appreciate that McLeish hasn't had the best of fortune with call offs, however i have serious worries about the direction we're heading with call ups and team selections.

What accounts are those? Bates looked terrible in the first game I saw him play for Hamburg when they got thumped but the whole team was awful and besides a sending off in a more recent game he seems to have played in the majority of their games and they have a decent defensive record at the top of the table.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

By all accounts, Bates has been totally horrific in the German 2nd division

Can you link any of these accounts?

I've not seen any games but read nothing but positive stuff about his performances.

Also his performances interesting the likes of arsenal and Leicester.

3 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Just here to point out that more people have quit the Scotland squad this week than the UK government.

A bunch of cowardly, weak-willed individuals who put self-interest way above the needs of their country...and don't get me started on those politicians!!

54 minutes ago, forameus said:

It's like that shit film The Happening, only it's not the trees getting people to kill themselves, it's Alex McLeish calling them up to the Scotland squad.

Think Mark Wahlberg fancies the Scotland job?

I  like to think that the real reason they were killing themselves in that film is they had actually just watched The happening!

Fucking Trees?!

40 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

By all accounts, Bates has been totally horrific in the German 2nd division and Paterson is pretty horrendous when played at Right Back. I fully appreciate that McLeish hasn't had the best of fortune with call offs, however i have serious worries about the direction we're heading with call ups and team selections.

I'm not a fan of Bates, and thought he was generally rubbish at Rangers, but everything I've read about his time at Hamburg so far has been very positive. The big question is whether the German second tier is actually any good, and we might well begin to find out tomorrow.

Think I'd go something along the lines of:

McGregor

Paterson     Bates     McKenna     Robertson

McGregor     Shinnie

Fraser     Christie     Forrest

Fletcher

You could probably exchange Bates/Hendry but I'd prefer to pick a player who sounds like he's been playing ok and who has a bit of confidence rather than one out of form in Hendrie. I'm not sure if McLeish has played Paterson RB before or not so wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-5-2.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not a fan of Bates, and thought he was generally rubbish at Rangers, but everything I've read about his time at Hamburg so far has been very positive. The big question is whether the German second tier is actually any good, and we might well begin to find out tomorrow.

I've seen 4 matches and he's been poor in all of them (as has the whole defence and midfield to be fair), so it might not be all his fault, however I do acknowledge he's been getting some decent publicity in some quarters but I'm unsure if that's propaganda with him being a former son of william.

Anyway, I'd reckon big Devlin for one, should be ahead of him in any case................

Is there a current squad list anywhere?

I’d far rather have Paterson playing up front somewhere, the position where he has had success of late for his club at the top level.

In contrast, here’s what his manager said of his defensive abilities earlier this year:

IMG_1542384856.967196.jpg

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've seen 4 matches and he's been poor in all of them (as has the whole defence and midfield to be fair), so it might not be all his fault, however I do acknowledge he's been getting some decent publicity in some quarters but I'm unsure if that's propaganda with him being a former son of william.

Anyway, I'd reckon big Devlin for one, should be ahead of him in any case................

That's impressive dedication to watching the German lower leagues....

14 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Is there a current squad list anywhere?

I’d far rather have Paterson playing up front somewhere, the position where he has had success of late for his club at the top level.

In contrast, here’s what his manager said of his defensive abilities earlier this year:

IMG_1542384856.967196.jpg

Having a right back who can defend isn't for the likes of us.

Do you think you support Brazil or something?

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

That's impressive dedication to watching the German lower leagues....

Once a lower league fan, always a lower league fan...........

McGregor

Hendry Bates McKenna

Forrest Armstrong McGregor Robertson

Christie Paterson Fraser

Bates and Hendry aren't ideal, but I still think that team's decent.

It'll be pretty similar to how Celtic play.

44 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

McGregor

Hendry Bates McKenna

Forrest Armstrong McGregor Robertson

Christie Paterson Fraser

Bates and Hendry aren't ideal, but I still think that team's decent.

It'll be pretty similar to how Celtic play.

So another away defeat?

Guest DAVIDB69

Will we take a draw in this tomorrow , would that leave Israel needing a draw though and we know how that usually goes.

Reporting Scotland fans these are teams we should be beating , these are teams at our level

Archived