Next Month face Albiana and Isarel

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tierney out now, what a disaster this is, wake up call to the SFA!!!! Players don't want to play for this haddie of a manager, get him tae f**k!  Just praying we can sneak away with a draw tomorrow and take care of business at Hampden, most likely we'll hump it as per!

I’ve probably missed a few, but here’s a list of players who are unavailable for these two matches:

Jon McGlaughlin - choosing to play for Sunderland
Craig Gordon - injured
Michael Devlin - injured
Kieran Tierney - injured
Charlie Mulgrew - injured
Alan Hutton - retired
Stephen O’Donnell - injured
John Souttar - injured
Christophe Berra - injured
Grant Hanley - injured
Phil Bardsley - unavailable
Liam Cooper - unavailable
Scott Brown - retired/injured
James McArthur - retired
Ryan Jack - injured
Kevin McDonald - injured
John McGinn - injured
Tom Cairney - unavailable
Robert Snodgrass - unavailable
Matt Ritchie - unavailable
Kenny McLean - injured
Jamie Murphy - injured
Steven Naismith - injured
Leigh Griffiths - unavailable

Hutton and Brown obviously retired a while ago but would still easily be in this squad, and Bardsley/Cooper I’m working on a bit of assumption - everyone else has been in a squad in the past year.

Seven players making themselves unavailable, two retirals and fifteen (!) injuries. 24 players in all.

Good grief.

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yet Murray Davidson sits at home overlooked again. Fucking disgrace this anti-St Johnstone regime.

Nah Flack deserves his chance, suits 3-5-2 aswell..

26 minutes ago, Paco said:

I’ve probably missed a few, but here’s a list of players who are unavailable for these two matches:

Jon McGlaughlin - choosing to play for Sunderland
Craig Gordon - injured
Michael Devlin - injured
Kieran Tierney - injured
Alan Hutton - retired
John Souttar - injured

Grant Hanley - injured
James McArthur - retired
Ryan Jack - injured
Kevin McDonald - injured
John McGinn - injured
Kenny McLean - injured
Jamie Murphy - injured

Hutton and Brown obviously retired a while ago but would still easily be in this squad, and Bardsley/Cooper I’m working on a bit of assumption - everyone else has been in a squad in the past year.

Seven players making themselves unavailable, two retirals and fifteen (!) injuries. 24 players in all.

Good grief.

I think McLeish has genuinely been a bit unlucky here with some of the injuries. I've bolded the ones which I think/know are absolutely genuine and you're looking at 10 players out, 6 of which are defenders. I think each of those defenders would be starting on Saturday if they were dropped into the squad right now.

You then have some in the doubtful but probably injured pile, like Gordon and Tierney. Gordon has always been very committed to Scotland in the past, and did miss Celtic's game at the weekend, but on the other hand he would likely have been on the bench. Tierney has joined up with the squad and has presumably been assessed, but I do have a slight doubt about him given that he seems to have been unhappy about where he has been playing.

Jack and McDonald are the most likely "I can't be fucked with this" ones, but even they have both missed recent games for their clubs.

18 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

Think you got the wrong end of the stick fella, was meaning more in terms of another player pulling out, it's quite clear McLeish has no respect.

So you don't think Tierney has an injury but is actually lying just to make McLeish's position less tenable?

I’ve probably missed a few, but here’s a list of players who are unavailable for these two matches:  Jon McGlaughlin - choosing to play for Sunderland

Craig Gordon - injured

Michael Devlin - injured

Kieran Tierney - injured

Alan Hutton - retired

John Souttar - injured

Grant Hanley - injured

James McArthur - retired

Ryan Jack - injured

Kevin McDonald - injured

John McGinn - injured

Kenny McLean - injured

Jamie Murphy - injured

Good grief.

Bardsley has never made himself unavailable, Strachan just stopped picking him and it seems to have carried on from there, the guys a RB, we need one, give him a call!!!

Think Bardsley and Rhodes must have been caught spit roasting a member of Strachan's family as the were both dropped around the same time!!!

Archived