Next Month face Albiana and Isarel

We’re on an early flight to Brussels tomorrow and then onto Tirana early on Friday, and back via Brussels again on Monday.

I’m on Davy P’s bus 19 so no brownie leaders for me.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peter Grant, who goes to games in Scotland to report on players for Alex McLeish, spent his Saturday watching Clyde v Stirling. 

The National Teams future is in safe hands.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

He's played 7 games in the last 2 months, in luding one for Scotland.

In October he played 10 minutes against Hearts in the Cup, 15 minutes against Leipzig and 90 against Salzburg, on the 4th. He also played 90 in the 3-1 thumping from Portugal.

No games in November.

He's replacing Devlin, who's played 11 games in the last 17 months.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Peter Grant, who goes to games in Scotland to report on players for Alex McLeish, spent his Saturday watching Clyde v Stirling. 

The National Teams future is in safe hands.

John Rankin callup imminent IMO

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Are there no better Scottish Centre backs healthy?

There's a 21yo who's part of a team who haven't conceded in five games and who stood out for the U21 side at the Toulon Tournament. 

Sadly the Scotland coaches refuse to watch the team he plays for, instead going to watch an irrelevant game involving their son.

There's also Craig Halkett, who's likely to be subject of a six figure bid from Rangers in January, he'll be called up straight away of course, despite the fact he'll be playing the exact same opponents as he would be with Livingston. 

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jack Hendry, who hasn't played da game in two months and has played in just three league games all season, has been called up.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He's played 7 games in the last 2 months, in luding one for Scotland.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In October he played 10 minutes against Hearts in the Cup, 15 minutes against Leipzig and 90 against Salzburg, on the 4th. He also played 90 in the 3-1 thumping from Portugal.

No games in November.

He's replacing Devlin, who's played 11 games in the last 17 months.

Were barely even half way though November yet ffs. Some of the call ups have been a joke but stop making shit up, you can easily take the piss out of the current set up without lies.

But yes Jack Hendry is pretty sh*t.

Aye, saying Hendry hasn’t played is silly. However, it’s absolutely true that he was dropped at the end of September because he was badly out of form and is now down the pecking order for Celtic’s starting XI.

The likes of Halkett and Kerr are bang in form, but they wear the wrong strips to be considered. Did Halkett get any U21/u19 caps?

Hendry has been playing and he's been playing absolutely shite. That's the reason people should be upset about his call-up. Picking him ahead of Cooper is laughable so I can only assume Cooper is one of the large number of players to have told McLeish to GTF.

Is Jamie MacDonald the only member of the squad to have never played for either of the Old Firm or currently play in England?

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Hendry has been playing and he's been playing absolutely shite. That's the reason people should be upset about his call-up. Picking him ahead of Cooper is laughable so I can only assume Cooper is one of the large number of players to have told McLeish to GTF.

Is Jamie MacDonald the only member of the squad to have never played for either of the Old Firm or currently play in England?

Mckenna, Shinnie,Russell.

The old firm stuff is bollocks tbh theres f**k all Sevco players in it for a start ffs.

Given Bates was called up before Hendry, can we assume he'll start at CB, or will he go with Hendry because he's been a semi-regular?
I don't know enough about Bates, but Hendry definitely gives us the option to persist with the back three which I don't think Devlin did. It compensates for not having any right-back, although Hendry, Shinnie and Tierney have played there in the past.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Mckenna, Shinnie,Russel.

The old firm stuff is bollocks tbh theres f**k Sevco players in it for a start ffs.

You'd have more plausibility if the last two players called up weren't Celtic reseves

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd have more plausibility if the last two players called up weren't Celtic reseves

We must be getting close to double figures in terms of call offs ffs. They also are Players who have done decent for Scotland already this year, played in the latter stages of European competition too. I don't rate either of them personally but I can see why they have been called up given they are replacing replacments.

Just now, gannonball said:

We must be getting close to double figures in terms of call offs ffs. They also are Players who have done decent for Scotland already this year, played in the latter stages of European competition too. I don't rate either of them personally but I can see why they have been called up given they are replacing replacments.

What "latter stages of Europe" have Jack Hendry and Scott Bain played in?

Archived