Next Month face Albiana and Isarel

Just now, DrewDon said:

Hanley is injured and hasn't played for Norwich since the beginning of September. 

Big Eck will be announcing him in the morning then...

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I can see Shittaker getting called up as a Jack replacement.

If Devlin's out we should surely call up Hanley.

Who's Scottish and plays for Rangers and Celtic?

Jack Hendry or Ross McCrorie to be called up, I reckon.

On 06/11/2018 at 12:57, accies1874 said:

Screenshot_20181106-125649_Twitter.jpg

Did anyone else misread the tagline on the bottom right as "Nothing really matters ANYmore" and find it strangely appropriate for a Scotland line-up or was it just me?

So SAD!.

This was a chance for us to start a fresh; a chance to build from the beginning with a manager suited to the younger crop of players coming through. Instead, we witnessed a carve-up right in front of our eyes, which ultimately led to McLeish being in charge and that in itself has ultimately left us depleted in numbers. 

The SFA should be utterly embarrassed (I suspect their not one bit arsed) but all of this and should seek immediately to fix it. 

f**k THE SFA, FOLKS. 

Official comments from the coaching staff, who can't even name Zander Clark. They "see all the games" but say Clark conceded 6 to Celtic a "few weeks ago". 

It's almost 6 weeks since that game.

1 minute ago, TurbineTon said:

And didn't the goalkeeper have a good game? 

He was given the fans MoM award and widely regarded as the only player who didn't deserve criticism, as the defence had continuously parted and let Celtic through 1v1 with him. Not one Saints fan blamed him.

In the previous game he'd also had a stormer against Celtic and only a defensive blunder seen him concede, but that's obviously been forgotten.

The coaching trio of McLeish, Grant and Faddy strike me as being pretty fucking dense when it comes to media duties atm. 

McLeish - continuously making things up and forgetting stuff;

Grant - Multiple sweeping statements and inaccuracies in what he says; and

Faddy - Giving it the big un on the radio continuously about players not showing up etc. 

They're making themselves and us as a nation look even  more like diddies. 

I thought he was poor for all but one of Celtic's goals.

Just to refresh my memory I went and watched the goals back a minute ago. I think he’ll be disappointed at being slow down to the fifth one, and maybe that he didn’t save the second having got a hand to it (though it was a rebound from a good save he’s just made a split second earlier), but I don’t think you could reasonably blame Clark for any of the goals. The defending is absolutely criminal for some of them and they’re all guys having a free shots at goal from close in. He did also make a series of very good saves in the first half that kept the score down.

Peter Grant is clearly a fucking idiot though.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was given the fans MoM award and widely regarded as the only player who didn't deserve criticism, as the defence had continuously parted and let Celtic through 1v1 with him. Not one Saints fan blamed him.

In the previous game he'd also had a stormer against Celtic and only a defensive blunder seen him concede, but that's obviously been forgotten.

It's easy to forget when he put his lead boots on in the next game. As I've said before, he wasn't terrible at any of the goals (by Scottish Premiership standards) but he'll surely be disappointed he didn't keep some of them out. We're not looking for a 'keeper that isn't terrible, we're looking for one who might be capable of moving up a level. And I'm not saying he's a bad 'keeper, I'm just giving my honest opinion that I haven't seen that potential to step up a level in the times that I've seen him play. Maybe I'm being unfair, I don't watch St Johnstone every week, but I just haven't seen it. 

33 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

we're looking for one who might be capable of moving up a level.

Why call up Jamie MacDonald then.

Archived