Next Month face Albiana and Isarel

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

You can't stop someone retiring. Nobody "let" Hutton retire. He simply did it. Nobody gets a say in the matter.

The SFA could invoke the same rule that the Northern Irish FA did with Lafferty. It would be unfair and counter-productive, but they could choose to do it.

France threatened to do the same with someone (Florent Malouda?) when he wanted to retire from international football a few years ago.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking the players families hostage at gunpoint might "encourage" a few more to turn up. 

Perhaps a severed finger along with a ransom note on the  day of the game to "motivate" them might even bring about 3points......

1 hour ago, SpoonTon said:

No. 

I'll take your word for it.

However, he has played there for Scotland previously so in the event of a back 3/5 I wouldn't be surprised to see him there again. Either that, or we can flog Alan Hutton until he returns to the vaterland.

59 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SFA could invoke the same rule that the Northern Irish FA did with Lafferty. It would be unfair and counter-productive, but they could choose to do it.

France threatened to do the same with someone (Florent Malouda?) when he wanted to retire from international football a few years ago.

Makelele I think it was. Then he won the Euros with them? Doubt Hutton will do the same for us.

Anyways if anyone's gonna play at RWB I'd imagine it'd be Paterson who has a fair amount of experience at RB or RWB in Scotland even if Warnock is playing him as midfielder/striker now

You'd think McLeish would take the hint eventually, this must be a record amount of call offs, to the point where someone he called up two days ago has pulled out with an injury he sustained before being called up.

Archived