Next Month face Albiana and Isarel

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keepers: Shagger, Gordon, Bain

Defenders: KT, Robertson, Ted, Mulgrew, Shinnie, Hendry, Cooper

Midfielders: Fraser, Forrest, Phillips, Russell, Armstrong, McGregor, Meatball, McTominay, Cairney, Snodgrass

Strikers: Griffiths (even if not brilliantly fit)/McBurnie, S.Fletcher (yes I don't much like him either but needs must), Paterson

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Based on what?

Good performances for teams near the top of European second divisions I would assume.

If we are happy to play players from the English Championship and League 1 and the Scottish Premiership, we should also consider players playing well for foreign equaivalents. 

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Good performances for teams near the top of European second divisions I would assume.

If we are happy to play players from the English Championship and League 1 and the Scottish Premiership, we should also consider players playing well for foreign equaivalents. 

How many times have you seen them play?

35 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

How many times have you seen them play?

0 full games. How many times have you seen Oli McBurnie play?

I am not desperate for them to get capped, I’d probably wait until they’ve had even more game time, but it’s strange being happy to play players from the English lower leagues but not the Italian or Spanish.

34 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

0 full games. How many times have you seen Oli McBurnie play?

I am not desperate for them to get capped, I’d probably wait until they’ve had even more game time, but it’s strange being happy to play players from the English lower leagues but not the Italian or Spanish.

This season? I've seen McBurnie probably 6-7 times.

16 minutes ago, forameus said:

Anyone who can improve us should be in the squad, regardless of where they play.   Hopefully the manager and his team have done enough homework to be able to accurately make that decision.

I think we all know the real version. 

17 minutes ago, forameus said:

Hopefully the manager and his team have done enough homework to be able to accurately make that decision.

Ach well, there goes that idea. 

Been impressed with Henderson and his ability to adapt to a much more technical style of football in Italy. Still think he needs to bulk up a bit, but definitely not adverse to having him in the side. 

Not seen enough of Harper, but seems to be in and around the first team at Malaga? 

12 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Ach well, there goes that idea. 

Been impressed with Henderson and his ability to adapt to a much more technical style of football in Italy. Still think he needs to bulk up a bit, but definitely not adverse to having him in the side. 

Not seen enough of Harper, but seems to be in and around the first team at Malaga? 

I've been to or seen every Malaga game this season bar two. When not injured he has only been on the bench for one cup game. That being said he's currently struggling with an ankle injury, so I'd be very surprised if they called him up. 

I don't like it. Then again, Ryan Jack's really the only player I can think of who I'd call up.

ETA: Maybe Bates due to a dearth of RCB options, but I haven't actually seen him play since leaving Rangers.

I really don't understand why we keep overlooking the current captain of a successful Leeds team for center half.  Liam Cooper is far better than Mulgrew, McKenna, Devlin

Also Matt Ritchie at Newcastle seems an odd omission and Snodgrass.  We are not in a position to turn  our noses up at players who are playing regularly in a league better than ours.

Right, so who will be withdrawing?

I'm going with Ryan Fraser (obvious choice), Steven Fletcher, James Forrest, Matt Phillips and Kevin McDonald.

By the way they've listed it it seems like they Calum Paterson is being perceived as a striker. Could be interesting. I'm not averse to that.

6 minutes ago, edinabear said:

I really don't understand why we keep overlooking the current captain of a successful Leeds team for center half.  Liam Cooper is far better than Mulgrew, McKenna, Devlin

Also Matt Ritchie at Newcastle seems an odd omission. We are not in a position to turn  our noses up at players who are playing regularly in a league better than ours.

Kevin McDonald plays regularly for Fulham in the same league, but is still completely rubbish. And anyway, if we did call up Ritchie he would inevitably pull out within about 20 minutes anyway.

It seems that Cooper's doing well, but McLeish really likes McKenna and Mulgrew. I'm pretty sure they've started in all but one of McLeish's games in which they've been available - even then, McKenna came on at half-time in the one he missed.
Devlin's in there because he's probably the best (on current form) available right-footed centre-back.

8 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Also Matt Ritchie at Newcastle seems an odd omission and Snodgrass.  We are not in a position to turn  our noses up at players who are playing regularly in a league better than ours.

Used to think Cooper was a bit dodgy but he's been excellent for Leeds this season. Surely worth a call.

Archived