Scotland v Portugal

buddies1877

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The centre-half and full-back have basically swapped places because O'Donnell was coming back from being high up the pitch, so Hendry is standing up the winger and O'Donnell is looking after the middle. If the opposing full-back makes a run to create an overload then it is the wide player's job to track him back.

It's certainly fair to criticise O'Donnell's positioning and slow reaction after the overload was created, and indeed to ask whether he should be so high up the park from a goal kick, but none of that means that Forrest should be free from criticism for shirking his own defensive duties.

He wasn't "covering the centre", he was two yards behind the centre back, neither marking a player or a space the ball might reach. He took himself out the game with awful positioning.

2-0 to Portugals B team and I'm thinking it's not been a bad game for Scotland. Christ.

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Did Davie Provan really say that this has been a decent performance against a Portuguese reserve team.. ffs

Proven is a snivelling, self-loathing Uncle Jock. It actually offends me that he is paid to travel all over Europe to commentate on our games when he despises everything about Scotland.

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

When we go behind in a game do we nearly always lose , trying to think of last game we turned around. I have no idea

England game? Came from 1-0 down to draw 2-2.

McLeish being pish isn't a reason to have kept Strachan. He had a good spell but was getting us nowhere due to shitting it when it mattered and by being a stubborn dick when it came to certain players (mainly Griffiths).

Guest DAVIDB69
Is it wrong to think, that with a semi decent manager, Scotland could have a decent team? Not world beaters but decent.

Not wrong but it’s likely , we don’t have people who can score goals at a decent level consistently

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

When we go behind in a game do we nearly always lose , trying to think of last game we turned around. I have no idea

We came from behind to lead against England and Poland in recent times, but conceded late in both (which is obviously a completely different issue).

1 minute ago, olliethedug said:

Is it wrong to think, that with a semi decent manager, Scotland could have a decent team? Not world beaters but decent.

I don't think its wrong. What is wrong is the idea that the SFA will hire a semi-decent manager because they'll never look outside their circle of friends.

Archived