Scotland v Portugal

buddies1877

I take it all of the folk who are moaning about the Belgium and Portugal friendlies "ruining our world ranking" are aware that the ranking system was changed in the summer? They now use an ELO system where you gain more by beating (or lose less by losing to) a stronger opponent*. Basically all the old dodges like "play fewer friendlies" or "play diddies if you have to" are now out of date.

*Speaking of which, the result on Thursday was an absolute disaster in terms of the new system.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take it all of the folk who are moaning about the Belgium and Portugal friendlies "ruining our world ranking" are aware that the ranking system was changed in the summer?

No

But the games mentioned Belgium aside all took place before the summer

The point about picking friendlies for cash instead of helping the team out still stands anyway

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Any c**t that pulls out more than 3 times should be struck off. Even if we get down to 35 year olds like Dobbie could they do any worse?

Is that why Tommy Burns didn't get more caps? :rolleyes:

Lower-half donkeys like Devlin getting called up now :lol:

McLeish should be investigated as his clear pro-Aberdeen bias is hugely damaging to the national team.

Have you watched Devlin this season ? He’s been excellent.

Obviously only there for cover. He’ll start with Hendry [emoji31]

Have you watched Devlin this season ? He’s been excellent.

Obviously only there for cover. He’ll start with Hendry [emoji31]

Too slow for international football and not a good enough player to make up for that in my opinion. Not the most physical either, although we are so bad in that position he probably deserves a go

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who else could they have played on this date?

Netherlands, Belgium, Croatia, Slovakia, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, or someone non-European (e.g. Jordan) could've been played between tomorrow and Tuesday.

It will be a very dull 0-2 defeat for us tomorrow. 3 at a push. It will mean nothing but McLeish will spraff some pish about an improved defence performance after the sends the team out to be massively defensive and barely commit to attack.

It will be 90 minutes of Portugal just passing it around us like some training match. They'll barely break sweat.

Guest DAVIDB69
That's McTominay out now.

No great loss but I doubt there is much wrong with him.

Problem started when allowed players to start pulling out of the Peru , Mexico games .

Players are just taking the piss now, kierney as well

No great loss but I doubt there is much wrong with him.

Problem started when allowed players to start pulling out of the Peru , Mexico games .

Players are just taking the piss now, kierney as well

How would you know?

Did you not say same about Fraser? Which turned out to be a load of shite, or was that someone else?

Archived