SPFL reject idea to remove plastic pitches from top divison

1 minute ago, JTS98 said:

Well, perhaps if some professional Jesus experts had backed up your claims to be Jesus, and I had observed you doing some things that only Jesus could do, then maybe I'd be inclined to believe you.

But, sadly not.

Who are these "experts" backing up your point m8?

I regard myself an expert in the matter, so there's my proof.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

We've been playing decent football this season. Passing well, making chances, scoring goals, playing with pace.

Everyone I know who went to Rugby Park said it was rubbish.

The teams were very evenly matched. Thats why it was a poor game. Then your guy took a dive and screamed as if he had a broken leg , got Dicker sent off for a nothing tackle, then he jumped up and sprinted off

You then scored a lucky goal off your thug up fronts head

Nothing to do with pitch

Just now, Loonytoons said:

Pundits and players regularly cite injuries due to playing on artificial surfaces.  Just because they say it doesn't mean they are correct, just ask Jesus.

No, and that's not part of my rationale for opposing the pitches.

It would be if medical professionals were convinced that the pitches cause more incidents than grass. But at the moment, my objection is a footballing one.

Hopefully the Rugby Park one gets replaced next summer, thou its dependant on our Project Brave facility being ready in time.

Tbh, I won't lose any sleep should we have to play on it again next season, anything that gives the opposition something else to factor into there visit can only give us further advantage at home.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Who are these "experts" backing up your point m8?

I regard myself an expert in the matter, so there's my proof.

Industry professionals. I would think that's quite obvious.

I listen to engineering professionals on matters of engineering. I listen to football professionals on matters of football.

While there is no uniformity of opinion, it is clear that the tendency is for those at the top end of the game to be against artificial pitches, with most of those for them employed by clubs that use them.

That's good evidence for reaching a conclusion. How many people say something? What is their background? What is their interest or bias in the discussion?

Applying those questions, it is clear that footballing consensus is for grass.

3 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

No, and that's not part of my rationale for opposing the pitches.

It would be if medical professionals were convinced that the pitches cause more incidents than grass. But at the moment, my objection is a footballing one.

You've used comments from coaches and players slating artificial surfaces.  I'm pointing out that they often speak bollocks about such surfaces and have used 'injuries' as an example of them speaking said bollocks.

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

You've used comments from coaches and players slating artificial surfaces.  I'm pointing out that they often speak bollocks about such surfaces and have used 'injuries' as an example of them speaking said bollocks.

Yes, but professional footballers and football coaches are experts on how football is played and on conditions for playing it.

They are not experts on injuries.

For example, I could tell you about the best room for doing my job in terms of convenience and suitability. But I couldn't tell you what kid of seats should be in the room to protect people's backs or what kind of lighting is best for avoiding headaches. It's not my area of expertise.

That is the crucial point you are missing. And it's a very simple one.

Always wonder about these discussions, there's a difference between artificial and grass pitches, but you also get differences between grass pitches themselves. 

You'll never play at 12 identical pitches over the course of a season, so this "home side has an advantage" mantra seems a bit pointless.

26 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Stop press........"Team has advantage playing on home ground because they play on it more than the teams they meet"

Team plays on a pitch which makes football impossible and hugely benefits the home team...

6 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Yes, but professional footballers and football coaches are experts on how football is played and on conditions for playing it.

They are not experts on injuries.

For example, I could tell you about the best room for doing my job in terms of convenience and suitability. But I couldn't tell you what kid of seats should be in the room to protect people's backs or what kind of lighting is best for avoiding headaches. It's not my area of expertise.

That is the crucial point you are missing. And it's a very simple one.

I'm not missing any point.  They also have suffered injuries playing the game which, you would hope, would give them some sort of .

You are missing the point that many players and coaches just talk out and out rubbish.  Gary Neville, live on tv, stated that any contact by a defender in the box is a penalty.  Must be true then, he's played at the highest level.

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

Team plays on a pitch which makes football impossible and hugely benefits the home team...

Why would it benefit the home team, if they're playing on the same surface? Sounds like something a supporter of a club with an embarrassing away record would say.

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

I'm not missing any point.  They also have suffered injuries playing the game which, you would hope, would give them some sort of .

You are missing the point that many players and coaches just talk out and out rubbish.  Gary Neville, live on tv, stated that any contact by a defender in the box is a penalty.  Must be true then, he's played at the highest level.

But he's not a referee.

You still don't get it.

2 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Ah, only referees are allowed to comment about football matters then.

No. I find it baffling that you are confused.

Footballers and football coaches are the best people to judge what is and isn't an appropriate surface for doing their job. Do you disagree?

Referees are the best judges of whether an incident is a foul or not. Do you disagree?

Medical professionals are the best judges of whether a certain surface causes injuries? Do you disagree?

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

No. I find it baffling that you are confused.

Footballers and football coaches are the best people to judge what is and isn't an appropriate surface for doing their job. Do you disagree?

Referees are the best judges of whether an incident is a foul or not. Do you disagree?

Medical professionals are the best judges of whether a certain surface causes injuries? Do you disagree?

I really am not confused.

I'm pointing out that footballers and coaches can speak absolute rubbish about footballing matters, irrespective of what facet of football they are discussing.

Just now, Loonytoons said:

I really am not confused.

I'm pointing out that footballers and coaches can speak absolute rubbish about footballing matters, irrespective of what facet of football they are discussing.

But you're using flawed logic to make that point.

Footballers are experts when it comes to playing football.

They are not experts when it comes to injuries or to the laws of football.

Therefore, it makes logical sense that we should listen to their views on playing surfaces, but take their views on the causes of injuries with a pinch of salt.

If medical professionals began to criticise artificial pitches in the same numbers are footballing professionals, then that would be noteworthy. But I don't use that as a reason for opposing artificial pitches. I, like most professionals, think they are rubbish.

Archived