Continued Lack of Officials

DanMan

Girvan will be further to travel so I think them Kello, Craigmark and Kilsyth to a lesser extent more likely to not have assistants as will not want to give assistants 50-60 mile round trips each week for what is around £25/30?! That would annoy them and have them potentially leaving the game when need to keep as many happy as possible to go to games on a Saturday.

Most West Region potential assistants will be based where most of population is in central Glasgow, Paisley, bigger Ayrshire towns so will be a long drive to Girvan for all but a few of the assistants who would prefer for example Rutherglen, Arthurlie, Irvine Victoria grounds as easier for them to get to. Perhaps assistants been assigned to Girvan then email sent to refs and assistants to confirm then one calls / emails the appointments office unhappy so then assistants appointed closer to their home.

We really need a push to make ref / assistant ref jobs more attractive as it's a tough job for little pay & can't be much fun. West Region has lost priority for assistants due to Lowland League too.

36 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Girvan will be further to travel so I think them Kello, Craigmark and Kilsyth to a lesser extent more likely to not have assistants as will not want to give assistants 50-60 mile round trips each week for what is around £25/30?! That would annoy them and have them potentially leaving the game when need to keep as many happy as possible to go to games on a Saturday.

Most West Region potential assistants will be based where most of population is in central Glasgow, Paisley, bigger Ayrshire towns so will be a long drive to Girvan for all but a few of the assistants who would prefer for example Rutherglen, Arthurlie, Irvine Victoria grounds as easier for them to get to. Perhaps assistants been assigned to Girvan then email sent to refs and assistants to confirm then one calls / emails the appointments office unhappy so then assistants appointed closer to their home.

We really need a push to make ref / assistant ref jobs more attractive as it's a tough job for little pay & can't be much fun. West Region has lost priority for assistants due to Lowland League too.

As I said previously, I get that, but 3 weeks ago it was 2nd v 3rd in the Championship in Glasgow and there were no assistants. I think as someone said previously, it is not a process, but just a random selection. That was why I asked if anybody knew

As I said previously, I get that, but 3 weeks ago it was 2nd v 3rd in the Championship in Glasgow and there were no assistants. I think as someone said previously, it is not a process, but just a random selection. That was why I asked if anybody knew

3 weeks ago was the south Challenge cup so a lot of officials would have been allocated those games so teams there that don’t normally get would have to get and since it’s a SFA run comp it will get priority over any non-league appointment

Archived