Continued Lack of Officials

DanMan

3 minutes ago, minesalager said:
15 minutes ago, DanMan said:
Does anybody know the criteria for the appointment of Linesmen in The Championship?  That's 3 games in a row that Rossvale have played without a linesman. 

Based on availability. Top leagues get priority I think

I get that, but there are enough to cover all bar 1 Championship game, so how do they decide what game it is. 

There has been a good few ones who have stopped refereeing due to the way the refs systems work. Being downgraded because they would rather speak to players than book them. I know a few personally who have rapped it for these reasons

18 minutes ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

Anything south of Ayr?

That was my initial thought, however a few weeks ago it was Benburb v Rossvale, at the time 2nd v 3rd in the middle of Glasgow, yet no linesmen, hence why I ask if anyone knows the criteria

That was my initial thought, however a few weeks ago it was Benburb v Rossvale, at the time 2nd v 3rd in the middle of Glasgow, yet no linesmen, hence why I ask if anyone knows the criteria

Gotta consider that theres now a larger number of clubs in the senior leagues with first call on officials. Ive got a mate who referees and plenty of guys who used to do junior are now asking for 21’s games etc because of the crap they have to put up with, dont blame them. That plus you’ve got less people signing up to do it. You’d have to ask the folks who allocate the refs why you’re the one game to miss out but in a few years it’ll be a bigger problem.

17 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Gotta consider that theres now a larger number of clubs in the senior leagues with first call on officials. Ive got a mate who referees and plenty of guys who used to do junior are now asking for 21’s games etc because of the crap they have to put up with, dont blame them. That plus you’ve got less people signing up to do it. You’d have to ask the folks who allocate the refs why you’re the one game to miss out but in a few years it’ll be a bigger problem.

I get that. But 3 weeks in a row with no linesmen, and none 2 weeks prior to that. I doubt any other club has had that. That's why I asked if anybody was aware of the criteria for appointing

Without sounding too cynical..... You are maybe giving those making the decision far too much credit, maybe there is no criteria and they freestyle it..... Certainly if there was a criteria and the allocations were tracked to allow for fairness across the league season, your club wouldn't have gone 3 weeks without...even with a lack of officials, it wouldn't be hard to track who has had and who hasn't? 

34 minutes ago, DanMan said:

I get that. But 3 weeks in a row with no linesmen, and none 2 weeks prior to that. I doubt any other club has had that. That's why I asked if anybody was aware of the criteria for appointing

To my understanding girvan have had none at home in the league at all this season 

Only thing you can do is ask the sfa appointments folks, Im pretty sure if you asked for clarification in a decent enough way they’d respond. Its a reasonable enough enquiry! I dont think you’ll get absolute clarification on here as despite the fact just about every junior ref etc lurks on this forum they definitely wont post.

I’m afraid this is probably down to lack of officials, there is obviously your regular officials on the line each week who maybe want to go as far as possible in the game but then the rest are just your average joe who maybe doesn’t take it so serious but is on the list to help when available, and work with these guys obviously plays a parts as well.

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So refs don’t think it’s worth getting roared at for a hobby? Imagine that!

2 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Big clubs with big support get priority Danny lol
Waste of time anyway m8 boy we had on Saturday was overuled for the basics like corners so may as well have one from each side running the line and save your club the 60 quid .

All been away games Chris. 

2 hours ago, Stuart1 said:

I’m afraid this is probably down to lack of officials, there is obviously your regular officials on the line each week who maybe want to go as far as possible in the game but then the rest are just your average joe who maybe doesn’t take it so serious but is on the list to help when available, and work with these guys obviously plays a parts as well.

I agree with that, if there is a shortage them fair enough, but when its 1 game in the league, why are "missing" linesmen games not shared around. 

Archived