Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SPLOOGESTAIN

Israel have only won 1 of their last 10 games, and that was 1-0 against Leichtenstein, a country with a population less than Kirkcaldy. By all rights we should be comfortably winning this, which is why I reckon we're destined to lose this game. It's the Scottish thing to do isn't it?

19 minutes ago, SPLOOGESTAIN said:

Israel have only won 1 of their last 10 games, and that was 1-0 against Leichtenstein, a country with a population less than Kirkcaldy. By all rights we should be comfortably winning this, which is why I reckon we're destined to lose this game. It's the Scottish thing to do isn't it?

It would be very Scotland to do so.  9 times out of 10 both the players and manager shite themselves in away competitive matches.

21 minutes ago, SPLOOGESTAIN said:

Israel have only won 1 of their last 10 games, and that was 1-0 against Leichtenstein, a country with a population less than Kirkcaldy.

We should be taking confidence from that considering how much we pumped Liechtenstein in both our meetings against them.

33 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

McLeish urging his players to "Prove they've got a pair"

Rumours suggesting James Forrest might start... just hope he doesn't take Eck's advice too literally.

The physical part worked for Van Gaal.

Hopefully we dont shoehorn Tierney into the team. Its either him or Roberston.

Go 4-3-3 with Mcginn, Armstrong and Mcgregor in midfield with Forrest, Naismith and Russell as the front three. Go for the jugular, nae shitebags tonight!

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They did exactly I this - I know because I wrote it. They asked me to put together an article before the draw, and it was widely publicised by them online. They also put out a lengthy FAQ before the draw. I also know that they held a drinks reception style event for various media sources where they explained the tournament and its benefits, in an attempt to push the narrative about these being competitive fixtures.

They also put together a video explainer after the draw was made, and must have tweeted/Facebooked it at least once a day in the run up to the tournament.

In addition, their promotion of the Albania game was "Let's Get Down to Business", which definitely has an implication of it being an important competitive game. Note that even in the tweet for the squad announcement for both games, they prioritise Albania.

Obviously there are always plenty of faults that you can pick in terms of the way things are publicised, but I think it's unfair to suggest that they didn't make a reasonable and sustained effort to promote this as an big opportunity to qualify for the Euros.

While that's fair enough, it doesn't address the wider point that the SFA's marketing of games generally involves Scotland Gemmil scowling while holding a cardboard A3 sign.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

They did exactly I this - I know because I wrote it. They asked me to put together an article before the draw, and it was widely publicised by them online. They also put out a lengthy FAQ before the draw. I also know that they held a drinks reception style event for various media sources where they explained the tournament and its benefits, in an attempt to push the narrative about these being competitive fixtures.

They also put together a video explainer after the draw was made, and must have tweeted/Facebooked it at least once a day in the run up to the tournament.

In addition, their promotion of the Albania game was "Let's Get Down to Business", which definitely has an implication of it being an important competitive game. Note that even in the tweet for the squad announcement for both games, they prioritise Albania.

Obviously there are always plenty of faults that you can pick in terms of the way things are publicised, but I think it's unfair to suggest that they didn't make a reasonable and sustained effort to promote this as an big opportunity to qualify for the Euros.

Has there been anything for this game in terms of advertising? All I've seen anywhere is Now Let's Show Portugal What We're All About.

Also, was Willie Miller in attendance at that media reception?

Quite fancy us tonight. 

Echo the above on the lack of enthusiasm being frustrating. But I think it is also because the introduction of this tournament has dovetailed with a new low ebb in enthusiasm for the national team after a combo of: being gash; no tournament qualification; terrible kick off times (which make the cost seem not worth it); low attendances due to shite kick off times making atmosphere pish, causing attendances to be even lower etc. 

I am a former SSC member who travelled to every home game. I have just given up my membership and am now a picker and chooser. I think the apathy for the tournament is rooted in a general apathy... BUT results and a qualification will change that a capture the imagination again, so a big game tonight!

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Has there been anything for this game in terms of advertising? All I've seen anywhere is Now Let's Show Portugal What We're All About.

Also, was Willie Miller in attendance at that media reception?

This is an away game so there's not really much for them to advertise, aside from ensuring that people know where and how to watch it.

8 hours ago, TurbineTon said:

Let's hope the TA don't embarrass themselves like Celtic by waving Palestinian flags at the game

The Tartan 'Army' are probably the biggest bunch of jammy wearing da's in world football.

Doing that would be equal parts cringy and brave. They've got the first bit covered but I can't see them putting themselves in danger.

8 hours ago, tree house tam said:

We'll see an exceptional, exciting performance by Scotland tonight. Short sharp passing, movement like never before and a few goals. 1-3 .

Couldn't help but read this in John Collins' voice.

Archived