Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

5 hours ago, forameus said:

That's the thing for me.  Every manager makes mistakes, it's often how they react to said mistakes that really sets them apart.  In direct comparison, Strachan really screwed up his gameplan against Gibraltar at Hampden, letting them score their first ever international goal.  He immediately switched it around, and we went on to win 5-1.  

I wasn't watching the Israel game, but even the shitty radio commentary was getting across just how easily they were cutting us open, and how matching up our systems wasn't working.  We had the personnel on the pitch to change it up without even subbing players, but he didn't, and Israel could have had a hatful.

Tsk, it was actually 6-1. Let's see you rectify that mistake!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

What a fucking numpty you now look James Forrest should have started all day long before Russell as is now proven so away you and shite emoji23.pngemoji23.png

I look like a numpty because I think Russell would make Celtic’s bench?

Fucking good way to celebrate tonight’s result by digging up a post from last month :lol:

Fucking fanny

Forrest will grab the headlines but Callum McGregor has been a relevation of late for me. Has huge potential in that deep lying midfield position. Classy intelligent footballer.

I think he’d be far more effective in the Ryan Christie role.

Most Celtic fans I know thought he was a better and more effective player than Stuart Armstrong for that final season they played together.

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think he’d be far more effective in the Ryan Christie role.

Most Celtic fans I know thought he was a better and more effective player than Stuart Armstrong for that final season they played together.

Christie was much more effective in that position over the 2 games than McGregor has been in the past. Christie's final ball and intelligent running is far more likely to create chances to score. Armstrong is the same, far more incisive in the final third. 

I think McGregor may have found his best position tbh. Just needs to work on the defensive aspects of it

4 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Christie was much more effective in that position over the 2 games than McGregor has been in the past. Christie's final ball and intelligent running is far more likely to create chances to score. Armstrong is the same, far more incisive in the final third. 

I think McGregor may have found his best position tbh. Just needs to work on the defensive aspects of it

yep. I wouldn't bring in a defensive midfielder ie McGinn - I would continue with McGregor in that role and work with him on defensive duties/closing the threat down. Armstrong as well as he was also a little culpable for the first goal as he seemed happy to pass Kayal on to McGregor. I wouldn't like to see McGinn or McTominay or even McDonald (yikes) come in to play the defensive role as I wouldn't like to see Christie dropped to accommodate McGregor moving further up. Midfield and attack (inc Fletcher) exactly as it is for next game barring injuries and no massive loss of form.

I would though bring Tierney or O'Donnell in to replace Paterson at right back. Devlin, Mulgrew, Berra and Souttar all perhaps could come in for Bates when all fit but I was quite impressed with Bates and think he deserves to start the next game at least. McKenna a definite starter now imo. 

5 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

McKenna is our first pick Centre-Back imho!!!

I don't think that's in any doubt. I just hope folk jump to criticise him for inevitable mistakes he makes along the way. Clearly he is going to be a top player

I look like a numpty because I think Russell would make Celtic’s bench?
Fucking good way to celebrate tonight’s result by digging up a post from last month :lol:
Fucking fanny

[emoji23][emoji23]
“Would have him starting before Johnny Russell all day long he would be lucky to make celtics bench Russell”

That’s the post you replied to with away and shite so I was only to away and shite because I put would be lucky to be on celtics bench you agreed he should be starting before Russell all day long? [emoji23]

Your full of shite trying to back track why not just admit you made a c**t of yourself and in your tiny little mind you believe johnny Russell is a better player than James Forrest.

I don't think that's in any doubt. I just hope folk jump to criticise him for inevitable mistakes he makes along the way. Clearly he is going to be a top player

His next club will be interesting. I’d like to think he won’t go to West Brom, or Sunderland. He’ll end up having a Christophe Berra type career. I rather suspect that’s the kind of club we’re looking at.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

I was only to away and shite because I put would be lucky to be on celtics bench

Correct.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

in your tiny little mind you believe johnny Russell is a better player than James Forrest.

Incorrect.

Forrest is clearly a much better player on current form but Russell is still comfortably good enough for the Celtic bench. I really don’t know what you’re getting so worked up about.

Incorrect. Forrest is clearly a much better player on current form but Russell is still comfortably good enough for the Celtic bench. I really don’t know what you’re getting so worked up about.  

Lol your not a very good liar are you “on current form” So you do believe he’s a better player than Forrest[emoji23]

James Forrest is a better player simple as that

Who’s worked up just pointing out you made an absolute c**t of yourself

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Lol your not a very good liar are you “on current form”

So you do believe he’s a better player than Forrestemoji23.png

Janes Forrest is a better player simple as that

Who’s worked up just pointing out your made absolute c**t of yourself

What the f**k is your point? You claimed that Jonny Russell wouldn’t even make Celtic’s bench which is clearly a load of shite. At no point have I said he’s a better player than Forrest.

Clearly you’re a bit simple.

What the f**k is your point? You claimed that Jonny Russell wouldn’t even make Celtic’s bench which is clearly a load of shite. At no point have I said he’s a better player than Forrest.
Clearly you’re a bit simple.

You are a rocket my point was Forrest should have been starting before Russell to which your simple minded reply was away and shite to my post.

Now Forrest has clearly proved that point you try to latch onto what I added on that post he would be LUCKY to make celtics bench at no point did I say he would never make celtics bench you

Hope that’s cleared it up for you

Archived