Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

He was excellent In Liverpool's run to the CL final last season and finishing 4th In the league where he didn't beat teams like Ross County and Hamilton he beat teams like Man City and Roma.

Maybe he just had an off night this evening.

Strachan was a clueless fanny who needed sacked. Just because the SFA yet again made an arse of the next appointment doesn't mean that Strachan should have stayed. 

But u know the sfa are in charge before you call for him to get the sack? Strachan was sacked when Scotland were playing the best football they have played for 10 years. Makes no sense?

Just now, paul-r-cfc said:

McLeish has just said in his interview that he was about to bring Souttar off for Mackenna before he was sent off.

Mackenna had been on the park for 15 minutes at this point

The guy clearly has some sort of alcohol related dementia. I'm not putting a daft smiley after this either.

Seriously ?
Did he actually say that ?
Unfortunately he did. Twitter is diving all over it. The man is clearly dealing with something. The fact that he was deemed appropriate for this role is disgraceful for more than just footballing reasons

That was utter incompetence Alan McGregor aside, and I include the coaching staff in that. Robertson was woeful, passing inside and backwards every single time. I can’t believe people keep trying to talk up McGinn who continues to be careless on the ball. Russell and McDonald were anonymous. At 1-0 we should have pinned them back with the aim of scoring again but we bottled it. Absolutely shocking and I am so pleased I gave up my membership in 2017.

Embarrassing.
Bit harsh on Robertson, second best Scottish player after the 'keeper.
Poor going forward for sure, defensively was very good; pretty unlucky at the first goal but given he was playing left wingback it shouldn't have been him making that challenge in the first place.
All the trouble came up our right side, Souttar playing too tight to Mulgrew and O'Donnell so slow and clueless he offered no support to Souttar and let the guy wander right into the middle of the park for the first goal.

2 minutes ago, skippy2015 said:

But u know the sfa are in charge before you call for him to get the sack? Strachan was sacked when Scotland were playing the best football they have played for 10 years. Makes no sense?

When Leigh scored that double against England he told them I'm number 1 get Strachan OUT!

He's said* he won't consider playing for Scotland whilst McLeish is in charge.
*He might not have.
If he can't play for the manger in charge that just goes to show players rule he got more chance starting for Scotland has he has for Celtic so is he going to say to brendon sorry but if I don't start I am off of course not

Well, McLeish has had two competitive games if we're judging him on this spell alone. He's had a comfortable win in a game where a win would be the minimum acceptable, and an abject embarrassment of a defeat which is in the top ten worst Scotland results of all time in a game where a draw would have been barely tolerable.

If we win the group at the end of this, which is still entirely doable with a draw in Albania and win at home to Israel, this'll be forgotten. If not, it's his second Georgia moment; it's that level of career defining humiliation.

McLeish has just said in his interview that he was about to bring Souttar off for Mackenna before he was sent off.

Mackenna had been on the park for 15 minutes at this point
The man's a fucking imbecile. On my way back to Tel Aviv from that utter omnishambles. Having read his post match interview, McLeish is fucking clueless! Time and time again we were torn apart. Time and time again we couldn't string 2-3 passes together, and time and time again too many individuals didn't look interested (mainly looking at you Mr Naismith). Fucking embarrassing!

What makes it harder was the smug attitude from SFA officials towards the fans after FT, laughing and waving as the fans going apeshit at them. Again fucking embarrassing.

c***s!

McLeish has to go NOW. Appeared to be constantly asking McFadden and Grant what the f**k to do! Get him in the fucking sea. That formation, players shoehorned into the team, he’s turned a decent set of players into a fucking pub team. The buck stops there imo.

When Leigh scored that double against England he told them I'm number 1 get Strachan OUT!

Lol he said I’m number one not Strachan out. He’s not been same player since that game. It’s clear Strachan has the dressing room. Minimal call offs retirements etc. Total opposite under Mcleish.

Are you another Strachan hating Celtic fan? The man who has the best champions league record of any Celtic manager qualifying for last 16 twice in a row and unlucky not to get to quarters!!!

It was clear long before half time that three at the back wasn’t working. 

Instead of going to a four and closing the door, while still winning, we kept inviting them on to us until they inevitably scored. What was wrong with us , closing the door and  shitfesting our way to a 1-0 away win?  

A win tonight would have all but guaranteed us  the group.  

Archived