Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

We've known for years that we don't have the players required to be a good side that qualifies regularly for tournaments. 

What we can do is have an organised, hard working side with players in their correct positions, players used in particular roles that can bring balance and at least a basic ability to defend relatively calmly and competently when we have to sit in.

Other smaller countries with less resources and similar or smaller pools of players manage this, some even punch above their weight.

The players were poor tonight but the blame lies squarely with the manager.

This 

1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

In defence of O’Donnell, he had no cover and was left exposed all night. McLeish hasn’t a clue. The Albania game showed that Tierney and Robertson cannot play together

Tonight's game showed Tierney and Allan McGregor can't play together.  

Craig Gordon must start against Portugal assuming he doesn't withdraw from the squad beforehand.

4 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

We've known for years that we don't have the players required to be a good side that qualifies regularly for tournaments. 

What we can do is have an organised, hard working side with players in their correct positions, players used in particular roles that can bring balance and at least a basic ability to defend relatively calmly and competently when we have to sit in.

Other smaller countries with less resources and similar or smaller pools of players manage this, some even punch above their weight.

The players were poor tonight but the blame lies squarely with the manager.

.....and Ryan Jack.

24 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Roberton, one of the best over lapping wing backs currently playing for a top side in Europe in this formation wasn't able to get beyond the defence once. McLeish is inept and lacking in any direction

He's not the first Liverpool player to play badly for Scotland tbf

I hated strachan and his stubborness but the last half of the campaign i thought he was starting to get it right by going at teams with pace and power, tonight the team looked berti vogts era and what has happened to our pool of players 

From what I remember Kenny you were desperate for Strachan to get the sack. Why sack a manager who was beaten in 2017. What I found was that most of the people who wanted Strachan out didn’t attend / or watch the games. This has obviously had an impact on quite a few of the squad as the players also didn’t want Strachan to get sacked. The current squad would through a party if Mcleish got the sack

1 minute ago, paul-r-cfc said:
3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:
f**k it man, I'm up for whoever. Can't be any worse.

I honestly think that any manager working in the game today would have done a better job

Look how badly he's affected KT.

1 minute ago, skippy2015 said:

From what I remember Kenny you were desperate for Strachan to get the sack. Why sack a manager who was beaten in 2017. What I found was that most of the people who wanted Strachan out didn’t attend / or watch the games. This has obviously had an impact on quite a few of the squad as the players also didn’t want Strachan to get sacked. The current squad would through a party if Mcleish got the sack

Strachan was a clueless fanny who needed sacked. Just because the SFA yet again made an arse of the next appointment doesn't mean that Strachan should have stayed. 

2 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

Hes clearly overrated.

He was excellent In Liverpool's run to the CL final last season and finishing 4th In the league where he didn't beat teams like Ross County and Hamilton he beat teams like Man City and Roma.

Archived