Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if it wasn't a second yellow (it was), it was shite play to get into that situation. You're being pretty generous.
Tierney's defending was poor even aside from the OG. I've got some sympathy for him playing out of position but he still has to do better than that.
Just so depressing all round. There are maybe 4 or 5 players that I'd consider remotely good enough in that team. One is the keeper who we relied on to keep the score down against fucking Israel and the rest were as bad or worse than most of the other jobbers.
I canny be arsed with this shite TPzo394.png&key=aafed37ba07b2ea63ce7a8e8209173b5074e3d01560145c1caaa1b419d3ab1cd

It wasn’t even close to being a free kick, it was shite play however.

Obviously agree with the rest.

5 minutes ago, AuAl said:

That was absolutely unbelievable. Utter pish in every single fucking way. We would have conceded about 6 to Israel if it hadn't been for allan mcgregor.
Get to f**k McLeish. No drive, no creativity, no anything. Nothing remotely interesting or redeeming about that performance. Embarrassing

I actually thought Darren Dods was coaching tonight such was the ineptitude of absolutely everyone bar Alan MacGreggor. 

26 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

No doubt there will be the usual circling of the wagons by the old pros in the aftermath of this game - the c***s just won't criticise McLeish.

I agree there.  Eck is done and was a shite appointment and it would be the right decision to hook him.  BUT no one has the haw maws to make that decision.

In other news, wee Tierney has just let down the whole of Palestine.  

I haven't read the thread but just to throw in my opinion. 

Tonight's result just shows how poor our national team is throughout. 

McLeish - looked like he had no idea and his initial team selection was again poor for me. 

McGregor - made a string of routine and decent saves and defiantly kept us in it. 7

Robertson - was ok but didn't really show his club form. Worked hard 6

Tiernay - His OG was unfortunate but thought he played ok in the whole with a few important blocks. 6

Mulgrew - I don't think he should be in the team and he seemed exposed at times. Took the penalty well though. 5

Souttar - Was mistiming his tackles from minute 1. His second bookable offence was his own fault for putting himself under pressure and then a swinging arm. 4

O'Donnell - Played ok but didn't get forward much for me. 6

McDonald - Shouldn't of started however he did make some good interceptions. But that's not enough and doesn't bring enough energy and quality to the team 5

McGinn - Gave the ball away a lot but battled hard and his energy was needed due to the lack of it from McDonald 6

McGregor - Blew a big chance and a decent shot near then end but not enough but put a shift in 6

Russell - Little to no attacking threat for me and a wasted selection tonight. 5

Naismith - His best contribution was winning fouls and winning the penalty. Otherwise no threat either. 5

McKenna, Forrest and Mcburnie didn't have any noticeable impact on the game. 5

Not good enough and I think I have been generous with some of my ratings. I am getting bored watching Scotland games. 

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I agree there.  Eck is done and was a shite appointment and it would be the right decision to hook him.  BUT no one has the haw maws to make that decision.

In other news, wee Tierney has just let down the whole of Palestine.  

You were doing so well there.

10 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I think we should cut our losses and get shot of McLeish. We have gone backwards  in the few games he has been in charge.  Dull and uninspiring doesn’t even cover it.

Players that are in the main doing well at their respective clubs look like they have never played before when they have a Scotland shirt on. Not just in this game,  but each one he has been in charge of since he came back.

What  happened to taking the game to teams? Make no mistake, Israel are shite their results over the past two years tell us this. Yet we made them look semi-competent. A team with a bit more confidence would have come back from there with a routine 2-0+ win. 

He's been completely stitched up by the SFA with their shambolic fixtures. The whole thing has been a downer from the start.

He is however a) shite and b) not worth backing against our own only remotely capable striker. So aye, he can do one TPzo394.png

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:
24 minutes ago, WFAANW said:
Can't believe the proper Football stops for this shite. International Football really is gimpy as f**k.

I hate people like you. I mean in real life, in person. Everyone who espouses that opinion is a tedious and small-minded, without exception.

Oh boo hoo!!!

Dry yer eyes princess :lol: 

Aye, it’s clear 3 at the back to shoehorn both Robertson & Tierney into the team is not working.
Tierney won’t be the first decent player to get fewer caps than he might because he happened to be playing at the same time as someone better in his position.

What’s the problem playing Tierney right back ? He played well under Strachan there. In fact have we Ben lost a game with him playing there?

Archived