Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D'Jaffo said:

1-0 through a penalty whilst playing pretty poorly.

A blind man can see that shoe horning Tierney into a back 3 is hindering Robertson. Play a back 4 with Tierney at RB or drop him. There’s also 3 or 4 players in that team that aren’t good enough imo.

I don't see that at all. Tierney frees up Robertson while also giving the back three the chance to shuffle over if Robertson gets caught no bother due to Tierney being a natural left back.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

McDonald has been in our top three performers today thus far. 

It's like we're playing a 451 atm. 

The guy is supposed to be anchoring our midfield and you could drive a bus through the middle of it at times.

McDonald has been in our top three performers today thus far. 
It's like we're playing a 451 atm. 
I disagree - he's supposed to be sitting in front of the defence but the Israelis are finding acres there every time they go forward.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute pish.

How ? Seriously 

Israel have had by far the best chances. Yes we are away from home but they are ranked almost 60 places below us 

we have not played well so far this evening. One stupid challenge in the box paints a positive picture. But what I am watching is a poor display from Scotland 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't see that at all. Tierney frees up Robertson while also giving the back three the chance to shuffle over if Robertson gets caught no bother due to Tierney being a natural left back.

I think it's the best formation for those two players.  You can always have Tierney bring the ball out of defence.  The trouble is that the right side of the back 3 (or 5) is struggling and the holding midfielder isn't holding anything.

Just now, welldaft said:

How ? Seriously 

Israel have had by far the best chances. Yes we are away from home but they are ranked almost 60 places below us 

we have not played well so far this evening. One stupid challenge in the box paints a positive picture. But what I am watching is a poor display from Scotland 

Have Israel even had a shot on target? Both teams have had 15 minute spells of dominating possession, we got a goal during ours, Israel haven't. What are you expecting?

Players learning each other and a new system and three games in you're hounding them despite them leading a kind of match we traditionally lose, taking a huge step towards Euro qualification.

Yeah, I think it's worked out quite well for us. Allows the shape to transition well.

We've not played well here but that's because they don't seem that sharp.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

1-0 up away from home after half an hour and half the teams being dropped by folk on here while the other half apparently can't play together, suffering christ man.

We scored from a penalty , which is one of 3 shots on goal we’ve had 

Israel on the other hand have had much more and better possession 

C7784BC2-D408-4FF5-A913-49DA0F5EA9CA.thumb.png.df12bca63febcbf22a678e9e860750c4.png

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

We are the same level as Israel.

That's been a controversial opinion on here since the draw. A few folk still maintain we're substantially better than our group mates. I want to be on whatever they're taking.

Anyway, this match has clearly been a massive draw in Haifa tonight  :unsure:

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The guy is supposed to be anchoring our midfield and you could drive a bus through the middle of it at times.

That's because McGregor randomly being shunted onto a wing at points, and McGinn has no positional sense.

Archived