Cowdenbeath vs Clyde - Scottish Cup

Now that the shock of our pish performance at Hampden has settled in we need to look ahead to kicking on with the season against Cowdenbeath. As it stands they amazingly only the 4th worst team in the SPFL for a change. A dizzy height us Clyde fans could only have dreamt of a few years ago.

Hopefully a convincing win at Cowden and a favourable draw in the next round avoiding an away tie at a Highland League team (which seems to be our annual draw nowadays) will be followed by a tie that will boost the club bank account.

Another poor result has me fearing the season could go South like so many previous ones.

Might be blind faith but I think the players will be keen to make amends for the shambles that was Saturday and we will win 3-0.

Thoughts?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Bollan has found our perfect defence we'll smash this rabble easily.

I'm confident that we'll win this at least by 2. Sign Gary Fraser and get him to man mark Goodwillie and job done.

Should actually be a good (close) game, hopefully another sizeable away support and a much (much) better performance than that shite last Saturday  - we absolutely battered Cowdenbeath at the start of the season, but by all accounts they have improve since then!!

33 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Hopefully a convincing win at Cowden and a favourable draw in the next round avoiding an away tie at a Highland League team (which seems to be our annual draw nowadays) will be followed by a tie that will boost the club bank account.

An away draw to a team outwith the SPFL is the best possible outcome in the early rounds of these competitions. A great away day, likely a ground you have never attended and an excellent chance of progression.

Away to Keith was a fantastic day for us, shame we got Alloa the next round (and lost!). Feels like an eternity ago - cant remember the last decent Scottish Cup draw we had?

45 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

An away draw to a team outwith the SPFL is the best possible outcome in the early rounds of these competitions. A great away day, likely a ground you have never attended and an excellent chance of progression.

Away to Keith was a fantastic day for us, shame we got Alloa the next round (and lost!). Feels like an eternity ago - cant remember the last decent Scottish Cup draw we had?

Definitely good for an away day but our record against Highland league teams - especially away from home - is up there with our form at Hampden!

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I've done most of the non league sides that are left only Formartine, Beith, Coldstream, Auchinleck and Deveronvale would have been new to me.

Us playing Beith would be funny Beath v Beith:lol: although you would want to miss them or Talbot which would be two hard games.  Formartine would be a hard game as well I would imagine.

2 hours ago, BigTamMuller said:

Certainly not the worst draw Clyde could've gotten Murz! 

As you said, the trip up to Brora or Formartine seemed gladly avoided when the draw was made.

Goodwillie and Karim to send you lot through to the next round. 

You joining me and Aldo at the game in the next round?

A cup run would be nice, however I won’t be too disappointed if we don’t get through to focus on the league. 

Realistically, the minimum we should be getting from this is a draw and replay back at broadwood. Play like we did at hampden though...

13 hours ago, SLClyde said:

A cup run would be nice, however I won’t be too disappointed if we don’t get through to focus on the league. 

Realistically, the minimum we should be getting from this is a draw and replay back at broadwood. Play like we did at hampden though...

If Cowden put their “best” team out I’d be confident of getting a result. Just no draw.

21 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

2017/18 - East Kilbride -  H - lost 1-0
2016/17 - East Kilbride - H - lost 1-0
2015/16 - Arbroath we beat 4-2 at Gayfield after a 1-1 draw at Central. Lost 5-1 to Rangers next round.
2014/15 - Beat Forfar 3-1 away before losing 1-0 to Falkirk away.
2013/14 - lost 2-1 away to Dumbarton
2012/13 - thumped Vale of Leithen 8-1, lost 3-0 at home to St Johnstone after numerous postponements
2011/12 - beat Bo'Ness 3-0 away and then lost 3-2 to Hibs in the Greg Stewart scores after 10 seconds game
2010/11 - lost 2-0 up at Peterhead
2009/10 - lost a replay 1-0 to Alloa
2008/09 - lost 2-1 at home to Elgin
2007/08 - a Pat Clarke penalty saw us beat Arbroath before we lost 2-0 away to Livingston
2006/07 - beat Edinburgh Uni 5-1, scraped past Brechin 1-0 after a replay before being knocked out by Queen of the South who fielded an ineligible player.
2005/06 - lost 3-0 to Morton at Central Park
2004/05 - lost 3-2 to Dumbarton again at Central Park

17 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Jesus what a crock of shite that is. Rangers away, while a decent pay day, wasn’t even that exciting as they were in our league around then. Hibs at home the only tie that had some sort of buzz. 

I'd say that we've crap draws in comparison to most of the other sides in our league.  I'd love an away day to a Highland league club.  In the last 10 years this is the Highland away days for the other sides in League 2 in the Scottish Cup:

Albion - Lossiemouth 
Annan -  Formartine and Inverurie Locos
Berwick - Culter 
Clyde - Keith, Brora, Formartine, Turriff and Nairn 
Edinburgh City - Fraserburgh, and Golspie Sutherland
Elgin - Forres and Keith 
Peterhead - Deveronevale and Inverurie
Queens Park - Huntly
Stirling - Turriff 

Archived