Bonetti era at Dundee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I thought that Dundee had an utter fucking cheek to call themselves 'Moral Champions' after Admin 2. In fact it was absolutely dreadful and horrible behaviour to be running around saying that in the t-shirts they had made. No doubt they went on a great run, which was made even greater by the total decimation of their squad, but there was nothing moral about they found themselves in those circumstances.

It was a massive lack of awareness and actually a really unpleasant way of going about things considering the folk who lost their jobs and the money businesses lost.

Also we still had more points that Dundee even if you added on the 25 points they lost.

Yes, I know my club did the same but we never claimed to be moral anything.

I'd be very interested to see some evidence of this "moral champions" slogan you're claiming Dundee fans had as I have no recollection of that whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Lot of revisionism going on here. The overspending by Dundee had a direct effect on many businesses throughout Dundee, culminating in the 6p in the £ CVA. The fact that they’d ‘do it again’ for memories such as finishing 5th in the top league is a ludicrous position to take. Totally Tory behaviour.

At least when Livingston cheated they won a cup and finished 3rd, Dundee cheated and got absolutely nowhere. 

I'd be very interested to see some evidence of any Dundee fan saying they'd "do it again" as I have no recollection whatsoever of anyone saying that. 

I remember Ivano taking a flaky at a Livi game and being sent to the stands. Livi fans were winding him up calling him pizza man or something , he went off his nut and was shouting and swearing at them, a steward tried to calm him down and he swore at the steward, next thing the head steward appears and gives him a final warning about his behaviour, he wouldn't calm down and was swearing at him too, so got huckled off the pitch. Of course the Livi fans were taunting him as he went.:lol:

I remember Ivano taking a flaky at a Livi game and being sent to the stands. Livi fans were winding him up calling him pizza man or something , he went off his nut and was shouting and swearing at them, a steward tried to calm him down and he swore at the steward, next thing the head steward appears and gives him a final warning about his behaviour, he wouldn't calm down and was swearing at him too, so got huckled off the pitch. Of course the Livi fans were taunting him as he went.:lol:

Just shows what two determined people working together can achieve.

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

This is a very bizarre post, and once more your obsession with Taysides premier club is shining through.

First of all, what Dundee achieved in those years absolutely pales in comparison to what St Johnstone have achieved in RG’s lifetime.

Second of all, you support Dunfermline, which makes this post even more bizarre, Dunfermline even make Dundee look relevant. 

Dunfermline haven’t won a cup in 50 years. 

Dunfermline have qualified for Europe twice this century, both times being knocked out at the first time of asking. St Johnstone have qualified for Europe more  times in the last 6 years than Dunfermline have in their history. 

There’s not one Dunfermline fan under 70 that would swap their history for St Johnstone’s. 

Do me a favour. 

What a load of shite!  How can anyone swap history? I wouldn't wish to have the history of Real Madrid as I'm a Dundee fan.

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

What a load of shite!  How can anyone swap history? I wouldn't wish to have the history of Real Madrid as I'm a Dundee fan.

You're not very bright, are you.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

This was an exciting time for Boredom as he was the toilet attendant at George O'Boyle's hang out and Boredom would see him constantly.

I genuinely can't believe you think thats funny :lol:

Fwiw he was one of my favourite players, was gutted when he was sacked

40 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Well maybe you should go also then Jeff because eh you couldn't see driving home the other night because you've you don't even wear your glasses on on eh TV in case you get you get slagged off so you just eh you just stick to Specsavers and I'll do the game

Word salad.

Archived