Bonetti era at Dundee

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Is this including the money we got for Hendry ?
The rent I thought we are fine as kilmac ( think I'm right) are paying it?

It won't be on the last set that was published as that was for the season before.

I wouldn't expect that it would come in one payment and I think McCann was backed well so I would be surprised if we're close to breaking even tbh. Cash injections on company house would suggest that FPS were covering losses of some sort.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I never knew Dundee never owned Dens.

Is this a new thing?

Before admin 2, the board were trying to hide all of the problems so flogged it secretly a few months before things went tits up. An Aberdonian called Jim Bennett, who was on United's board, made the cash injection and was close to buying the club but pulled out of it - he's done the same with both clubs a few times.

I doubt we'd be a really rich club but it's a bit of a nightmare not having any land as an asset and we've got to maintain this thing we don't own. The new stadium will hopefully solve the maintenance part of it but we're relying on a lot of goodwil from our American overlords (which to their credit, they've previously matched with a lot of cash) and it is another entity (Dark Blue Holdings) that own the new land.

18 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

What a sad, bitter and parochial little man you are.

Mind that time you made about ten posts in a Saints v Celtic thread revelling in their victory? You'd struggle to forget since it was just a week ago surely.

18 hours ago, harry94 said:

Before admin 2, the board were trying to hide all of the problems so flogged it secretly a few months before things went tits up. An Aberdonian called Jim Bennett, who was on United's board, made the cash injection and was close to buying the club but pulled out of it - he's done the same with both clubs a few times.

I doubt we'd be a really rich club but it's a bit of a nightmare not having any land as an asset and we've got to maintain this thing we don't own. The new stadium will hopefully solve the maintenance part of it but we're relying on a lot of goodwil from our American overlords (which to their credit, they've previously matched with a lot of cash) and it is another entity (Dark Blue Holdings) that own the new land.

I know you are answering the question but, from memory, the Calum Melville era will probably need its own thread too.  I think almost everyone from the outside looking in knew that it was going to be an absolute disaster.  What are the Dees thoughts on Admin 2?

55 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I know you are answering the question but, from memory, the Calum Melville era will probably need its own thread too.  I think almost everyone from the outside looking in knew that it was going to be an absolute disaster.  What are the Dees thoughts on Admin 2?

The closest the fans and club have ever been.  

The situation looked hopeless but we still pulled through.  Just goes to show what can happen when the fans truly care about their club.  

I thought that Dundee had an utter fucking cheek to call themselves 'Moral Champions' after Admin 2. In fact it was absolutely dreadful and horrible behaviour to be running around saying that in the t-shirts they had made. No doubt they went on a great run, which was made even greater by the total decimation of their squad, but there was nothing moral about they found themselves in those circumstances.

It was a massive lack of awareness and actually a really unpleasant way of going about things considering the folk who lost their jobs and the money businesses lost.

Also we still had more points that Dundee even if you added on the 25 points they lost.

Yes, I know my club did the same but we never claimed to be moral anything.

41 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Here boy, good doggie.

The sooner you f**k off in a wee huff like your pal Biggie, the better.

I remember the period in question. 

5th [emoji38]
22million [emoji38]

Gave Dundee fans memories they'll never forget, I bet they tell their kids about that fifth placed finish and lost Cup Final to this day.
Some amount of money wasted, even by 90s/00s standards and all to show for it is admin and a 5th place finish.

6th place.

Jocky got us to 5th a few seasons before without the millions. His contract, in typical Dundee fashion, wasn't renewed.

Random utterly seething and unable to acquiesce that fans of a club can take joy from just supporting their team. Strange boy.

The Defiant season was by far my favourite season following Dundee and we were fighting against relegation to the third tier.

Acquiesce that cunto.

11 minutes ago, kristov said:

6th place.

Jocky got us to 5th a few seasons before without the millions. His contract, in typical Dundee fashion, wasn't renewed.

Random utterly seething and unable to acquiesce that fans of a club can take joy from just supporting their team. Strange boy.

The Defiant season was by far my favourite season following Dundee and we were fighting against relegation to the third tier.

Acquiesce that cunto.

I wasn't saying you couldn't enjoy it, I was mocking Dundee for being hilariously shite for the past two decades.

At least when Livingston cheated they won a cup and finished 3rd, Dundee cheated and got absolutely nowhere. 

You just undermined your whole argument there. I haven't read the thread as closely as you it seems but if any Dee fan is saying that they'd do it again and take another admin then they need their heads checked.

I wasn't saying you couldn't enjoy it, I was mocking Dundee for being hilariously shite for the past two decades.
Only the last two? I'd say the three-and-a-half to four. It's only the last two where we've generally been more shite that you.

Archived