Livi v Dundee

2 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

No you are better than us and I am a muppet for saying otherwise. Still, at least I am not a racist muppet like your mate.

It was an innocent remark made in reference to the amount of black pellets we have, nothing more. It seems to have been taken the wrong way though so I've removed it, certainly am not a racist and have posted enough on here for anyone to have outed me as one before now if I was. Didn't actually take any notice of the name of your player that it crossed my mind what colour he was for this to have taken a bad turn. Anyway, i'll leave it there, don't really bother what folk say on here normally, it's all shite and banter but it leaves a bad taste being accused of something I aint.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

What a strange side this Dundee team are.

For almost  the first twenty minutes they competed and looked like causing us some problems. Okay the defence was guilty of some lack of organisation and shambolic at time and the forward; well if they could hit a barn door then they might have  chance but ignoring all of that the side moved the ball around well; didn't allow our defenders to dwell on the ball or relax.

After the first goal went in; instead of taking this as a wake-up call and working together as a team they seamed to steadily unravel. K Miller barked instructions all over the place but no-one seemed interested in listening. Even having said that Dundee still manager to generate a few more chances particularly down the wings but all were continually wasted. However the second goal seemed to really knock the stuffing out of the side and any self belief, what little there were,  seemed to evaporate from that point onwards. 

It is strange to say this about a side with Kenny Miller in the team but it was like the players would rather have been on the bus home rather than coming out for another forty five minutes. That we managed to score four goals in a side with no recognised forwards must say something.

I should be really please to have won a premiership game by four clear goals but this didn't give much to crow about; rather like winning a fight against a guy who's too drunk to stand up if that makes sense. Still happy with yet another clean sheet - although how Kenny Miller still manages to stay on the pitch for a full ninety minutes is beyond me.

The only thing I can applaud of the Dundee side is the actual supporters who put themselves out to travel down to support that team and be faces with a half-hearted display.  The season is little more than a quarter through so there's plenty of time for a turnaround.

Don’t get me wrong I agree with what you’ve posted but that game hinged on Lewis Spence fucking up when Moussa played through what should’ve been 1 on 1 with the keeper but he managed to somehow be unable to let the ball run past him the daft c**t. Then about 30 seconds later we’re 2 down instead of 1 all. 

Very good win today again and well

deserved. Our 3 centre backs all scoring and played brilliant. Lamie and lawless were excellent again at wing back. Our midfield 3 dominated the game. Pitte was a bit quiet today but still played well. Keags deliveries for Halkett and Dec’s goals were fantastic. Byrne was dominating the game today excellent performance. Dolly and Robbo  cause all sorts of problems for Dundee defence.  Bit of a dream the way this team

is playing just now and the position we are in.

Very good win today again and well
deserved. Our 3 centre backs all scoring and played brilliant. Lamie and lawless were excellent again at wing back. Our midfield 3 dominated the game. Pitte was a bit quiet today but still played well. Keags deliveries for Halkett and Dec’s goals were fantastic. Byrne was dominating the game today excellent performance. Dolly and Robbo  cause all sorts of problems for Dundee defence.  Bit of a dream the way this team
is playing just now and the position we are in.

I thought ‘Keags’ was excellent and was surprised when he was taken off.

What to say about today ?
Livi absolutely bossed us.
A couple of side points, I don't think the comments regarding Kamara in any way were supposed to be racist, so c'mon guys let's not try to make it so.
Spence could not have made the pass from Moussa appear in front of him. Like so often this season our passing was woefully inaccurate and behind instead of in front of the player (thus slowing any pace the attack built). As has been said by many others, simple goals conceded by players giving away needless free kicks and not defending them.
Parish could and should have done better with at least two but if I was the Dees goalkeeper this season with a new manager just in I'd feel a bit worried about my place. For example as a supporter I was cursing McCann putting Parish in goal at Ibrox because I felt that he was protecting Hamilton from any fallout from that result and I expected Hamilton to be back the week after. If I as a supporter start thinking like that WTF must in be like for the players.
To the players. Clearly some of them today showed at the end of the match that they were hurting about the result. Some of the support (some) got on individuals cases. I believe that as a team we can be and ARE better than today but you better start believing in and playing for each other. Cammy and Ryan, don't let the b*****ds grind you down, your passion does you credit.
There was a few people talking at HT about the Dodds scenario. I for one am opposed to his return for the reasons already said in the Dundee page. I will however concede that if the Boss maintains he needs him then for the greater good of the team I will accept this ( not him ).

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I thought ‘Keags’ was excellent and was surprised when he was taken off.

Was on a booking and Lawson is a good player - think it was just to avoid it all going tits up 10v11

Also loved the song from up behind me, 

He's Togolese,
He hates the Dees
Super Stevie Lawson :wub::D:D:D 

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Was on a booking and Lawson is a good player - think it was just to avoid it all going tits up 10v11

Also loved the song from up behind me, 

He's Togolese,
He hates the Dees
Super Stevie Lawson
 :wub::D:D:D 

You’re welcome ;)

DOLLY.thumb.PNG.711dd6a5615d7f692aaaf4ce7feb542e.PNG

Other than the ridiculous play acting I was pretty impressed with him today too. He’s everything Moussa isn’t. Is he not a ‘recognised’ striker?

Fantastic times for Livi at the moment. Excellent work ethic, good players, great results.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Other than the ridiculous play acting I was pretty impressed with him today too. He’s everything Moussa isn’t. Is he not a ‘recognised’ striker?

Fantastic times for Livi at the moment. Excellent work ethic, good players, great results.

Think it was his first club goal in 5 years against Sevco.

Does a lot of running and gives defenders a tough time though, hopefully he'll improve on his lack of goals. Would like to see how him and Hardie get on playing together, Hardie was our best striker last season but has been injured since the Utd game. 

Archived