Thistle v Dundee Utd

31 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

According to his Wiki page he’s only on a short-term deal so could be available in the transfer window.  :whistle

That would not be an unusual move Thistle to United. Although it generally does not  end well...……..

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, skinny arab said:

It's funny how opposing fans see things differently. Thistle fans complaining about Collum when myself and every utd fan around me feel the yellow card should have been out earlier for a couple of thistle players (left back and no 16 who both did eventually get booked) but we are always going to be biased.

I actually thought Collum had a good game; very few of the fouls he gave against us were bad decisions, and if anything for a couple of them we were lucky to escape without bookings. The sarcastic cheering every time he gave a decision in our favour was completely embarrassing.

42 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I actually thought Collum had a good game; very few of the fouls he gave against us were bad decisions, and if anything for a couple of them we were lucky to escape without bookings. The sarcastic cheering every time he gave a decision in our favour was completely embarrassing.

I thought the decisions themselves were all pretty right but his refusal to book players for certain fouls was poor.

Correct. Collum gets a lot of undeserved abuse IMO. He’s nowhere near as bad as others. The Slater booking shouldn’t have been one though.

10 minutes ago, Reid said:

Correct. Collum gets a lot of undeserved abuse IMO. He’s nowhere near as bad as others. The Slater booking shouldn’t have been one though.

Slater had two fouls on McMullan in the space of about two minutes. He should have been booked for the first, and not the second, but Wullie got them the wrong way round

6 hours ago, Reid said:

You’re making the case for more abuse of other referees; not less for the Cocked Balustrade.

Wasn’t at the game yesterday as I am holiday, but really like what I have read and seen on here and on the highlights.

Even more pleased with the fact that Neilson acknowledged the fact that the game would have to be won in the first 60 minutes as Fyvie and Stanton (the midfield pairing we have all been praying would save our season), would undoubtedly be fucked after an hour, which turned out to be the case.

That being said, from what it appears, we utterly dominated the game until they went off, after which it seems we shifted back a bit, to type, but at least were able to see the game out, which would have been unthinkable a week or 2 back, and Bell definitely stopped it being far more comfortable for us.

Don’t want to be too optimistic as usually when I do, the shite hits the fan in a big way, but couldn’t have asked for a better start to Robbie’s reign, in terms of a confidence boost, and will likely result in a much improved gate at Tannadice next Saturday.

Perhaps all is not lost... At least until Friday anyway. 

23 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Wasn’t at the game yesterday as I am holiday, but really like what I have read and seen on here and on the highlights.

Even more pleased with the fact that Neilson acknowledged the fact that the game would have to be won in the first 60 minutes as Fyvie and Stanton (the midfield pairing we have all been praying would save our season), would undoubtedly be fucked after an hour, which turned out to be the case.

That being said, from what it appears, we utterly dominated the game until they went off, after which it seems we shifted back a bit, to type, but at least were able to see the game out, which would have been unthinkable a week or 2 back, and Bell definitely stopped it being far more comfortable for us.

Don’t want to be too optimistic as usually when I do, the shite hits the fan in a big way, but couldn’t have asked for a better start to Robbie’s reign, in terms of a confidence boost, and will likely result in a much improved gate at Tannadice next Saturday.

Perhaps all is not lost... At least until Friday anyway. 

My big concern is that if Fyvie and/or Stanton pick up knocks again we could be fucked.

It’s a worry being so dependent upon a couple of players.  I know we’re not alone, take Ayr or QotS main striker out and they would struggle, but the gulf between Fyvie/Stanton and potential replacements from the squad is massive.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My big concern is that if Fyvie and/or Stanton pick up knocks again we could be fucked.

It’s a worry being so dependent upon a couple of players.  I know we’re not alone, take Ayr or QotS main striker out and they would struggle, but the gulf between Fyvie/Stanton and potential replacements from the squad is massive.

We've downgraded that part of the team in terms of replacements. I rated Briels more than Rabitsch and Barton plus is it too much to say that even Willo Flood would make a better backup than those two? Rabitsch has the engine but zero ability whereas Barton just seemingly doesn't give a f**k. We've let ourselves down badly in terms of recruiting players who could challenge Stanton and Fyvie.

9 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

We've downgraded that part of the team in terms of replacements. I rated Briels more than Rabitsch and Barton plus is it too much to say that even Willo Flood would make a better backup than those two? Rabitsch has the engine but zero ability whereas Barton just seemingly doesn't give a f**k. We've let ourselves down badly in terms of recruiting players who could challenge Stanton and Fyvie.

I would say thats a reasonable enough statement. Hes got experience and puts a shift in.

Again with a good manager Flood would be good cover.

I wouldnt be surprised if Neilson gets to bring in a couple of free agents in the weeks to come either.

28 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

13 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I would say thats a reasonable enough statement. Hes got experience and puts a shift in.

Again with a good manager Flood would be good cover.

I wouldnt be surprised if Neilson gets to bring in a couple of free agents in the weeks to come either.

If we resign Flood I will murder Mike Martin, Neilson and you two.

mistergrolsch please forward me contact details to assist in such murder arrangements; I already know where stu lives and works.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I counted 5 tackles that Barton couldn't be arsed with/shat out of yesterday. He somehow won one of them despite his best efforts.

You would think that if there was one game Barton could get himself fired up for it would be coming back to Firhill. I can see the guy being out of football entirely within a year, he's admitted it's just a job for him and he doesn't enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If we resign Flood I will murder Mike Martin, Neilson and you two.

mistergrolsch please forward me contact details to assist in such murder arrangements; I already know where stu lives and works.

No problem. 

Best time to get me is on a Saturday between 2pm and 5pm at Tannadice. Preferred time would be around 2pm.

Ask for Mr A Barton.

Feel free to dispatch me however you see fit.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just watched the highlights.  There were Arabs on here just a couple of weeks ago saying we should bin McMullan!

He had a really good game by the sounds of things, but I'd be wary about looking it as a turning point for McMullan. So far with us he's had the odd inspired spell every now and again, but then he's gone off the boil for weeks on end.

If Neilson can get him playing like he did on Saturday consistently, then he's unlikely to be out the starting line up much for the remainder of the season. But on the basis of the past season and a bit then my gut feeling It's unlikely.

On 15/10/2018 at 22:53, Granny Danger said:

Just watched the highlights.  There were Arabs on here just a couple of weeks ago saying we should bin McMullan!

Don't suppose you've got a link to the highlights?

Archived