Thistle v Dundee Utd

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Wow, it’s almost like the more fouls you concede, the more likely you are to get booked?

I’ll be stunned if that’s true, that’s rocket science that.

Yes, exactly. Bouhenna committed five fouls without a booking. What's your point?

8 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Trying to shoehorn those players into a 442 was ridiculous. It read as our archie special 4231. Was clear in first 5 minutes we were being overrun in midfield.

It was a 4-3-3

1 hour ago, steve55 said:

About 1,500 Utd fans there.  The old stand holds over 3,000

DSC_2747.JPG

Less than a thousand. Not bad for a middle of the table Championship team, tbf...

We were excellent for an hour but hung on due to a combination of Fyvie and the midfield becoming knackered and then Bouhenna trying to outmuscle Quitongo which was stupid and probably a heated moment given the two of them had words minutes earlier. 

It was certainly an enjoyable and exciting game which is a rare thing in recent seasons for a United fan. 

3 minutes ago, Socceroony said:

Think it was 4-1-3-2 but unfortunately took till 48th minute to give us a bit of equality in numbers in midfield 

It was a square go by then :lol:

30 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

We were excellent for an hour but hung on due to a combination of Fyvie and the midfield becoming knackered and then Bouhenna trying to outmuscle Quitongo which was stupid and probably a heated moment given the two of them had words minutes earlier. 

It was certainly an enjoyable and exciting game which is a rare thing in recent seasons for a United fan. 

You deserved it overall. Bastirts :lol:

Spoke to my younger son earlier, he said Safranko was immense.  He’s a player who must have been getting frustrated under Laszlo and with proper service in a proper formation I reckon he can score a barrowload.

Spoke to my younger son earlier, he said Safranko was immense.  He’s a player who must have been getting frustrated under Laszlo and with proper service in a proper formation I reckon he can score a barrowload.

Safranko was absolutely outstanding, best strikers performance I’ve seen from a united player from some time. Chased everything down and won almost everything that was played to him.
Absolutely out on his arse by the end, and like everyone else looked made up by the win, was great to see.
The first 70 mins were fantastic and filled me win confidence, we will get punished by better teams on the basis of the last 20 mins but not worrying about that now.
Support was phenomenal today, and was great to see how much the players responded to it, great day all round.

54 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I was listening to the BBC commentary on the radio and Willie Miller tore in to Bouhenna after the Partick goal. He was also of the opinion that Bouhenna had let Quitongo get under his skin easily a couple of minutes earlier and it had affected his judgement in the build up to the goal.

I'm just glad to be able to properly enjoy a United win again. Nobody other than Mike Martin really believed that Csaba was going to turn it around so it's felt like we were in dead man walking territory for him for an age. Whenever we did scrape or pick up wins, any satisfaction from the victory was tempered by the knowledge that it was only keeping him in the job for longer, rather than actual progress being made.

Anyway as to the match itself, it sounded like McMullan had great game. He seemed to be involved in any attack we made and put in a strong defensive shift too.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Immense? 

Hrrmph, nothing like a combination of daft play and circumstances to hand the opposition  the lead on a plate. Still, no sign of the collective bottle completely crashing today.

ETA: Who is Willie Collum fucking to stay in a job?

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

I was listening to the BBC commentary on the radio and Willie Miller tore in to Bouhenna after the Partick goal. He was also of the opinion that Bouhenna had let Quitongo get under his skin easily a couple of minutes earlier and it had affected his judgement in the build up to the goal.

I'm just glad to be able to properly enjoy a United win again. Nobody other than Mike Martin really believed that Csaba was going to turn it around so it's felt like we were in dead man walking territory for him for an age. Whenever we did scrape or pick up wins, any satisfaction from the victory was tempered by the knowledge that it was only keeping him in the job for longer, rather than actual progress being made.

Anyway as to the match itself, it sounded like McMullan had great game. He seemed to be involved in any attack we made and put in a strong defensive shift too.

Miller was right.

Quitongo somehow got a freekick for fouling  Bouhenna twice, then falling on top of him, which had Quitongo fired up and inside Bouhenna's head. If the fk had gone our way, Quitongo doesn't score on the next chance, but Bouhenna lost the plot there.

5 hours ago, steve55 said:

Well your wrong lol

I worked it out myself.  20 seats high (goes up to U) and 178 wide

so 20 x 178...

Yes, because if there’s one thing we know to be a certified verifiable fact it’s that a stand made of fucking wood in the 1920s has a uniform distribution of seats and no structural or design obstacles to such a distribution like, oh, pillars and gantries.

It's funny how opposing fans see things differently. Thistle fans complaining about Collum when myself and every utd fan around me feel the yellow card should have been out earlier for a couple of thistle players (left back and no 16 who both did eventually get booked) but we are always going to be biased. Very good first 60-70 mins with a very nervy last 20 mainly down to Bouhenna having a macho strength contest with Quitongo which he lost (had been very good up to that point) and us looking knackered. 

For thistle if they can keep Quitongo fit he can be a key player but sadly for them and the player himself that's a big if.

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

Glad to hear Quitongo is back playing. Sounds like he hasn't changed his game. Always enjoyed watching him get in amongst defenders. If he stays fit he could be a cracking player for thistle 

He's a complete fucking dick.

I'd probably absolutely love him if he played for us.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's a complete fucking dick.

I'd probably absolutely love him if he played for us.

According to his Wiki page he’s only on a short-term deal so could be available in the transfer window.  :whistle

Archived