Thistle v Dundee Utd

Big win.  I feared the worst when I saw Barton coming on; hopefully to rest Fyvie rather than an injury.

According to the BBC Bell kept the score down.

How was our fullbacks today?  Still the position that gives me most concern.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Big win.  I feared the worst when I saw Barton coming on; hopefully to rest Fyvie rather than an injury.

According to the BBC Bell kept the score down.

How was our fullbacks today?  Still the position that gives me most concern.

Fullbacks were ok. The two centre halves were questionable in the last 15 minutes.

United were clinging on towards the end, but such was their dominance for 70 or so minutes of the game, if we did grab an equaliser it would have been undeserved.

Quitongo gave us a bit of fight. Shame about the rest of them.

14 minutes ago, Jag0001 said:

Really like how we play the same team and style as last week shows even without Archibald his style of play stays and team selections stay.

You looked much better with Quitongo and Mbuyi-Mutombo (?), who caused our centre halves plenty of problems.

The game was pretty much between two teams lacking confidence - we just scored more when we were on top.

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Fullbacks were ok. The two centre halves were questionable in the last 15 minutes.

Booth was poor, imo. As was Barton when he came on. That's all I have...:green

United deserved their first half lead and we were lucky to go in one down.

Then the Curse of the Captain's Armband struck Bannigan to give a deserved two goal cushion.

Then we came to life a bit and it was nice to see Quitongo make an impact.

Good result for the visitors but they need a fair bit of work.

Our new manager has an even bigger job on his hands.

Gollum loved booking a Thistle player. My main grumble on that score was how Bouhenna seemed immune to his yellow peril...

Gollum loved booking a Thistle player. My main grumble on that score was how Bouhenna seemed immune to his yellow peril...

Wow, it’s almost like the more fouls you concede, the more likely you are to get booked?

I’ll be stunned if that’s true, that’s rocket science that.

6 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Announced as 900+ which, seen from the other side of the pitch, seems about right.

Only 3,000 in total.

Weather obviously a factor.

Raining all day.

Hail Pitch Drainage System

Not quite sure after the excellent Allison interview yesterday why  we went with the same outfield 10 . It was only once Quitongo and Mutombo came on that we came to life. Those two must start next week. Curious regarding the Coulibally situation. He has been at the club for nearly two months now.....surely to God he must at least be fit to go on the bench. The first 70 minutes were dreadful, as bad as its been this season and that's saying something. Essential that the new manager is announced this week to try and sort this mess out!

4 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

According to Ian Maxwell in August 2017, there are 2500 seats in the Colin Weir Stand.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15492640.Ian_Maxwell__Safety_the_reason_behind_moving_Partick_Thistle_fans_for_Rangers_clash/

United had 963 fans announced as the official away attendance today.

It was a good away support anyway.

Bearing in mind it was raining non-stop all day.

We were starting to build a bit of momentum then Bannigan gets caught on the ball and United hit a killer second. Too much to do after that but the last half with Quintongo and Mutombo on we looked much better.  Criminal to start with 442 . It gave United the impetus to boss the game and over run our midfield. 

Archived