Raith Rovers v Stranraer

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Beachbum said:

What were you expecting, given the players out injured?

Not much. There is reason the team is as it is, but that doesn't mean I'm going to look at the lineup and think that I like it. 

A bit surprised to see Buchanan on the bench if I'm honest. 

Early entry for funniest post of the year

I hear Jamie Hammil is a shoe in in the fattest wee helmet category.

Delighted to get the win, especially as a few of the Stranraer boys, especially the aforementioned really couldnae take it.

Brilliant stuff from our point of view. The referee was a complete disaster and we showed classic McGlynn style game management to see out the win. With half an our to go, Stranraer had the overwhelming amount of possession but created about two chances. Our defence kept their shape and Jamie Watson has now put in a really good shout to start a right back.

Nisbet, Flanagan and Hendry were all standouts going forward. That's Nisbet up to twelve goals in the league, and he's been one of the most unexpected players in that I was really underwhelmed when he signed.

In the end, the game turned into a shitfest with the referee blowing for every 50/50 and making some ridiculous decisions. The pick of the bunch being giving a free kick against big Nat for holding up the ball at the corner flag while keeping three players at bay.

It's a classic McGlynn style performance. Nobody will remember it at the end of the season, but we were up against it and it got the job done. The fans and players were all in it together at the end, and it's results like that which build a lot of trust.

Nisbet constantly fouled the whole game, he must be black n blue all over.  Don't think Murray deserved second yellow looked like he was fouled in the box and went down, what the ref saw I have no idea.  It was a long second half but give the team their due they all put a shift in and defended well, we took all 3 points, so nothing changes as Arbroath did their comeback from 1-0 down and East Fife winning again.  Hope the injuries clear up soon, Murray will be a miss:unsure2:

Archived