Raith Rovers v Stranraer

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muzza is a fool, the 1st card looked about right as he just crashed right into Crossan who is a wee townie shite and always will be.

The 2nd was a bit unlucky there is contact but its his momentum that helps send him down, the defender doesn’t do enough to pull out of making contact and Murray doesn’t try hard enough not to make contact either.  Not a penalty but a harsh booking imo. It certainly can’t be compared to Thomson’s appeal where although there is contact it’s actually Thomson’s foot that goes to the left in search of Cranes foot which he had pulled out of the way in an attempt to prevent contact. 

Thought Stranraer were a fairly cynical lot who chopped down Raith men on the break time and again. 

Its 2 yellows and not a straight red so  I think Murray should be available for the Forfar game unless he’s gone over the points threshold.

40 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Two very good goals and we played some decent stuff, I reckon we would have been alright second half. 

Not sure if it was a dive as such but Murray exaggerated what contact there was, then throws his hands in the air looking for a pen. On a booking, that's mental. 

Nisbet has quite rightly been getting plaudits, but how fucking good is Regan Hendry?

Cant wait to see him and Gillespie together can see Nesbit going for thirty if and when this happens....

Missed the game yesterday, but I’ve just watched the highlights. And that’s absolutely criminal from the ref for sending Murray off. The first one he wins the ball and blocks the man off, primary school defending, nothing wrong with it. And then for the 2nd yellow, there is 100% contact, however I wouldn’t say it was a penalty either, it’s just 1 of those coming togethers that occur every so often in the box but happen all the time else where on pitch and nothing happens.
We got the W and that’s all that matters.
Next.

Missed the game yesterday, but I’ve just watched the highlights. And that’s absolutely criminal from the ref for sending Murray off. The first one he wins the ball and blocks the man off, primary school defending, nothing wrong with it. And then for the 2nd yellow, there is 100% contact, however I wouldn’t say it was a penalty either, it’s just 1 of those coming togethers that occur every so often in the box but happen all the time else where on pitch and nothing happens.

We got the W and that’s all that matters.

Next.

The first challenge happened pretty near where I was sitting in the Main Stand. Murray made no attempt to play the ball and just took their man out. Clear foul.

The second incident was up the other end of the pitch but from the highlights it looks a dive and Murray was claiming for it.

Personally, I’ve no issues with his sending off. He was looking like a sending off waiting to happen. Also, I prefer him in central defence rather than at full back.

On 20/10/2018 at 17:32, Broken Algorithms said:

The pick of the bunch being giving a free kick against big Nat for holding up the ball at the corner flag while keeping three players at bay..

Think he did that at EEP against you lot a couple of seasons ago. He was there for about two full minutes and got one of the biggest cheers of the day.

I thought the first yellow was harsh but when you're on a yellow it's not ideal to try and win a penalty the way he did.

From where I sat there was a clear movement of elbow to face, so a red, and even if only yellow he should already have been on a yellow for an earlier incident.

Very wise by the Stenny manager to take him off because he was never lasting the 90.

No wonder we lost [emoji6]

Great effort seeing the game out with 10 men for over half the match.

Agreed!

The first challenge happened pretty near where I was sitting in the Main Stand. Murray made no attempt to play the ball and just took their man out. Clear foul.

The second incident was up the other end of the pitch but from the highlights it looks a dive and Murray was claiming for it.

Personally, I’ve no issues with his sending off. He was looking like a sending off waiting to happen. Also, I prefer him in central defence rather than at full back.

Also, the highlights show him going through the back of someone not long before his first booking..

On 21/10/2018 at 12:04, 1320Lichtie said:

You are not stating facts vast majority of AFC fans said Thomson dived after seeing the highlights. I think only one person said he didn't on the thread

Garbage ! The majority were screaming for a penalty right after the game just read the comments , Anyway this is a Raith Rovers V Stranraer match forum so why the Rovers obsession?

Garbage ! The majority were screaming for a penalty right after the game just read the comments , Anyway this is a Raith Rovers V Stranraer match forum so why the Rovers obsession?

Obsession? Whit?

And right after the game, before the highlights... after the highlights every single person said it was a dive, except 1

Archived