Raith Rovers v Stranraer

You having a laugh a dive all day long and just as blatant and  embarrassing as Thomson's take off your blue tinted specs .Going by the highlights Raith were mighty lucky to win that game Stranraer had some great chances.

Don’t know for sure but I’d imagine he will be talking about Thomson’s Tom Daley-esque performance against Cowden a few years back.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the first yellow was harsh but when you're on a yellow it's not ideal to try and win a penalty the way he did.

There IS contact but the same as JT's against Arbroath, which we are all adamant was a dive, so we can't have it both ways. He deserved to go in my opinion. I really like Murray but was pissed of he left his team mates in the shit and couldn't bring myself to cheer him off.

Some great goal keeping and defending to get us the 3 points. That's not lucky at all, although they did put us under a fair bit of pressure.

Found it a bit odd that we didn't make the change (reshuffle after the red card) at HT and waited 3 minutes into the second half. I can only assume he realised what he had done wasn't working (it wasn't) and changed it straight away.

The ref was very inconsistent with his decisions.

Big Nat being penalised for holding the ball in the corner was a ridiculous one.

Their number 8 should have gone for second yellows on 2 occasions. Very wise by the Stranraer manager to take him off because he was never lasting the 90.

Great effort seeing the game out with 10 men for over half the match.

Not at all bothered ,  we lost a match , I support St. Ranraer , it happens 
you need  need to stop kidding yourselves , it will be easier on yourselves in the long run 
And from my seat , you were no better with 11 ,
The ref was still shite

If you don’t want people to think you’re bothered, you should probably stop producing posts which come across like you’re very much bothered.

55 minutes ago, keptie said:

You having a laugh a dive all day long and just as blatant and  embarrassing as Thomson's take off your blue tinted specs .Going by the highlights Raith were mighty lucky to win that game Stranraer had some great chances.

You weren’t at the game yet your stating we were lucky to win based on watching 10 mins of highlights lol, we had 10 men for 50 mins I’ll take that every day of the week, as for Jason Thomson it’s now a dive funny it wasn’t a dive a fortnight ago when even your manager stated we were robbed as Thomson would have to be a ballerina i wish Arbroath fans make up there mind or do they just apply the rules when it suits them

Found it a bit odd that we didn't make the change (reshuffle after the red card) at HT and waited 3 minutes into the second half. I can only assume he realised what he had done wasn't working (it wasn't) and changed it straight away.

Just looked like he was giving Watson ht to get warmed up then changed before bringing him on after ht.

1 minute ago, basher brash said:

You weren’t at the game yet your stating we were lucky to win based on watching 10 mins of highlights lol, we had 10 men for 50 mins I’ll take that every day of the week, as for Jason Thomson it’s now a dive funny it wasn’t a dive a fortnight ago when even your manager stated we were robbed as Thomson would have to be a ballerina i wish Arbroath fans make up there mind or do they just apply the rules when it suits them

No I wasn't at the game that why I said "going by the highlights" in my post and as for Thomson's dive I think you will find pretty much most Arbroath supporters including myself agreed it was a dive after seeing it on the highlights......jeez you Raith supporters not half getting defensive about everything,

I wasn't there yesterday but was that Murray who committed a possible bookable foul early on in the highlights before his first booking? If so then I dinnae think he can complain too much when you put it all together.

Just looked like he was giving Watson ht to get warmed up then changed before bringing him on after ht.
I just thought it would make more sense to have got watson warmed up and changed during the HT break and come on at HT.

I'm sure he had his reasons and trust him to make the right decisions.

Not a big deal, it was just an observation.

1 hour ago, keptie said:

Not for me. Possibly my view is coloured by the fact I've probably seen Thomson pull off that same dive about a dozen times while I've never seen Murray dive before.

4 minutes ago, Deadly said:

I just thought it would make more sense to have got watson warmed up and changed during the HT break and come on at HT.

I'm sure he had his reasons and trust him to make the right decisions.

Not a big deal, it was just an observation.

I thought it was done to protect Stevenson slightly. His first league start (I think) and he didn’t want to knock his confidence too much by sacrificing him at or before half time. Let him get a bit of the second half and then get a decent round of applause from the fans for his efforts to give him a boost.

I thought it was done to protect Stevenson slightly. His first league start (I think) and he didn’t want to knock his confidence too much by sacrificing him at or before half time. Let him get a bit of the second half and then get a decent round of applause from the fans for his efforts to give him a boost.
Hadn't thought of that.

Fair shout.

Just watched the highlights, have to say I think that’s a dive by Murray. No complaints about the first yellow either. Watson played well yesterday so hopefully he can keep that going next week.

No doubt we deserved the win. As McGlynn said in his interview the plan was defend what we had second half. Let Stranraer have the ball and see if they could break us down, they couldn’t. With that game plan they were always going to have a couple of chances but I never felt overly worried at any point that we wouldn’t hold on.

As someone else mentioned earlier yesterday was a clear example of turning draws into wins which McGlynn spoke about when he came in. We wouldn’t have won that game a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, keptie said:

No I wasn't at the game that why I said "going by the highlights" in my post and as for Thomson's dive I think you will find pretty much most Arbroath supporters including myself agreed it was a dive after seeing it on the highlights......jeez you Raith supporters not half getting defensive about everything,

Not defensive just stating facts

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

So pretty much the entire Raith support then with the exception of a couple of individuals. :lol: What a stupid thing to say after the reception he got as he walked down the tunnel :lol:

I also don’t think we’d have won that game had we kept 11 on the park.

A couple of individuals? Whatever. It was a ridiculous reception to give a player for 2 entirely needless bookings

This is a clear case of football fans seeing things one way when it’s for their team and another when it’s against. The Thomson/Murray incidents were exactly the same and the refs applied the same punishment to both. 

16 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Elbowed Hamill's face.

I would have awarded him Man of the match for that alone. Hamill is an odious wee fat baldy cheat who deserves every punch and kick that comes his way.

15 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

Aye that’s true , every one of the yellows to raith was a travesty ......

jings it it was a fantastic spectacle  ( in terms of entertainment ) between 2 poor teams moderated by an absolute incompetent , just be glad you were gifted the first goal , other than the second youse didnae look like it 

plenty hammer throwers in the third division , on both sides , I suggest you get used to it or go and support dunfermilne in a higher league 

on that display , sadly for youse boys you have found your level , there wasn’t that much in it , given one of the teams is apparently full time , on todays performance which would have been a 50 / 50 shout 

notwithstanding any  or all of the above Kyle Benedictus is a class act and by a country mile the best  (only) player on the park 

Boiling!

15 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

Not at all bothered ,  we lost a match , I support St. Ranraer , it happens 

you need  need to stop kidding yourselves , it will be easier on yourselves in the long run 

And from my seat , you were no better with 11 ,

The ref was still shite

Oh but you clearly were.

27 minutes ago, bishopburn boy said:

Aye alright , whatever 

Perhaps should have been your original thought, not your last response.

A couple of individuals? Whatever. It was a ridiculous reception to give a player for 2 entirely needless bookings

This is a clear case of football fans seeing things one way when it’s for their team and another when it’s against. The Thomson/Murray incidents were exactly the same and the refs applied the same punishment to both. 

The second booking was a dive and should have been a booking. The first though? Never a foul.

Anyway, why does it annoy you so much that the majority of the fans gave our player of the year 2017/2018 a good reception yesterday?

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I don’t think we’d have won that game with 11 men. So I’m giving some of the credit for the result to Murray. [emoji41]

Two very good goals and we played some decent stuff, I reckon we would have been alright second half. 

Not sure if it was a dive as such but Murray exaggerated what contact there was, then throws his hands in the air looking for a pen. On a booking, that's mental. 

Nisbet has quite rightly been getting plaudits, but how fucking good is Regan Hendry?

Archived