Raith Rovers v Stranraer

Big 3 points to grind out. With lots of players missing any kind of win will do - especially with Arbroath annoyingly coming from behind again. 

Ref was a shambles.

Nesbit (both every classy finishes), Flanagan and Hendry were excellent. I also thought the defensive unit were good under lots of pressure and Nat was class as well.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fwiw, I felt it was neither a penalty or a booking for Murray. Both players went down, and Murray asked the question. The referee realised who it was and then ploughed over to send him off. Had Murray got on with it, he might not have seen red.

Not that it mattered. We then started tightening up defensively, and Stranraer only threatened a couple of times despite having the majority of the possession. Always nice to see Hammill lose the rag.

20 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Well that never lasted long, @Wardy getting stuck into his hero are half time. 

Hahahahaha. That referee. Jesus wept. Murray’s first booking was not a foul. Number 8 for Stranraer. Should have been second yellowed. Pathetic. Pathetic league 1 referees. 

Told that Raith refused press requests to interview Ewan Murray after the game
Isn't that the norm? I can't recall us ever having a player doing media interviews after being sent off.

If we're going to stick one player forward for interviews then it would be Nisbet. But then you're probably sick of the sight of him at the moment.

Told that Raith refused press requests to interview Ewan Murray after the game

And? Of course the club don’t want to let Murray go and speak about what happened whilst still likely not in the right frame of mind. What’s your point?

And? Of course the club don’t want to let Murray go and speak about what happened whilst still likely not in the right frame of mind. What’s your point?
It'll end up like the interview of Berti Vogts with Christian Dailly in the back screaming "Cheats! Thur Fuckin cheats!"..

Consistency is all fans are after however we didn’t get that today , regarding Murray’s bookings could go either way yet Stranraers number 8 got away with three poor challenges in a row  yet only got a booking no wonder he was hooked right away. Terrible terrible performance by the Referee today.

I have to be honest, I was pretty bored watching that. Hopefully McGlynn can guide us to the promised land of the Championship. I am not a fan of this league.

Positives were Nisbet on the scoresheet again and the 3 points.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What about Jamie Hamill losing the rag at the end and punching Regan Hendry on the chin? Some laugh.

The boy is a balloon. 

Good finishing by Nisbet, good defending/goalkeeping and Reagan Hendry being different class put the three points on the board today. 

I actually chose Thompson as the MotM today as his handling and decision making was taking a lot of pressure off the team. 

Today's ref was a perfect example of inconsistency breeding inconsistency. Felt like he was chasing the game all day. 

51 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fwiw, I felt it was neither a penalty or a booking for Murray. Both players went down, and Murray asked the question. The referee realised who it was and then ploughed over to send him off. Had Murray got on with it, he might not have seen red.

Be interested to see the video but that was my take as well. Silly  of Murray to appeal for a pen though, if he gets up and jogs on then probably no card but appealing like that gives the ref a decision to either give the pen (which he isn’t going to) or get the card out.

Not that it mattered but bizarre decision to give the foul against Nat at the end whilst protecting the ball at the corner flag. The only thing the player in possession usually gets penalised for is obstruction if he lets the ball get away from him but he literally had his foot on the ball whilst two or three defenders bounced off him. Thought the ref was poor for both teams tbh, looked like he had just been plucked from the crowd and asked to do it at the last minute.

2 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Be interested to see the video but that was my take as well. Silly  of Murray to appeal for a pen though, if he gets up and jogs on then probably no card but appealing like that gives the ref a decision to either give the pen (which he isn’t going to) or get the card out.

Not that it mattered but bizarre decision to give the foul against Nat at the end whilst protecting the ball at the corner flag. The only thing the player in possession usually gets penalised for is obstruction if he lets the ball get away from him but he literally had his foot on the ball whilst two or three defenders bounced off him. Thought the ref was poor for both teams tbh, looked like he had just been plucked from the crowd and asked to do it at the last minute.

The only time the ref got truly involved in the game was when he couldn't find a man with his pass.

Vintage Mcglynn. Players out injured, down to ten men for most of the game, and we ground it out against a very cynical Stranraer side. That No 20 was absolutely dreadful. 

Not pretty, but deserved and down to a real team effort. Wouldn't have come close to winning that under Smith. 

Archived