Raith Rovers v Stranraer

Let's get that car crash Arbroath thread binned.

The kind of game we have to be winning. It will be interesting to see whether McGlynn shakes things up a bit. Thinking mostly of bringing in Mathews and dropping Milne, but it is also likely that Duggan will be available too.

Duggan and Nesbit up front with Vaughan  wide? 

Whatever McGlynn decides the Int'l break is helpful in allowing time to get his ideas across and practice a few teams/formations that will be needed over the next quarter. And speaking of Q2, it would be great/I think we need to make up for not accruing as many points as needed in Q1. 19/20 points a Q should be enough, so that means a big f**k off 22-23/27 required in Q2 to be on track at the half way stage... a big ask. Hoping we start off with a bang here...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it worked completely with Milne on the wing, if hes starts i'd be looking to play him behind the striker and have Vaughan out wide.  Think Milne is still getting his sharpness up after his we run of injuries and he will hopefully get more confidence to shoot when through on goal.  Defence was too slow with Davo and Bene playing together think we need to bring McKay and Mathews back into team.  Wouldn't mind seeing something along these lines:

Thomson

Murray  Benedictus McKay  Crane

Wedderburn  Matthews

Vaughan  Hendry  Flanagan

Nisbet

Wouldn't mind seeing something along these lines:

Thomson

Wedderburn  Matthews

Nisbet

So good we only need X [emoji6]

I agree with your comments on Milne though, to a slight extent. I personally don’t want him near the starting XI again until he’s made use of the Gym64 membership. He is so weak on the ball it’s frightening. There’s been glimpses that he can be such a good player as well.

As HTC says, the only good thing about the international break is that the team have 2 weeks to recover and soak in (Super) John McGlynn’s tactics/organisation skills etc. A must win this game, as will be most games be in Q2, if we’re circa the 21point mark we’ll be fine, anything more than that, is fantastic.

1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:

Don't think it worked completely with Milne on the wing, if hes starts i'd be looking to play him behind the striker and have Vaughan out wide.  Think Milne is still getting his sharpness up after his we run of injuries and he will hopefully get more confidence to shoot when through on goal.  Defence was too slow with Davo and Bene playing together think we need to bring McKay and Mathews back into team.  Wouldn't mind seeing something along these lines:

Thomson

Wedderburn  Matthews

Nisbet

I'd be happy to see that line up, but I suspect we'll go 4-4-2. so long as Vaughan isn't out for it (nothing mentioned so far though).  I'm actually hoping that Stranraer play Anderson as a striker for this one, as I think he'd give Murray a torrid time if he's played on the left.

As mentioned, it's a real positive to get a fortnight for McGlynn to work with the team. I'm confident he'll be able to add a bit tactically for it. Wouldn't surprise me if we've got Duggan back for this one too.  Hopefully we can get an early goal and take charge of the game. One of the most infuriating things about last Saturday, was the fact we went from a really positive away support who got behind the team to folk in the South Stand howling about the fact we weren't ahead.

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

They were even worse when we went a goal behind.

I'm sure you were the only guy who stood up when Milne shat himself and shouted "well done that plucky fellow" most fans would have pissed off with that. You make it out as if we're unique. 

Sad fact is that the South Stand was like that and that in itself was a massive improvement. 

Huge game, as they all are now. Hopefully we can kick on now, 4 points from back to back games against Dumbarton and Arbroath is absolutely fine, providing we get the result against Stranraer. 

I'm sure you were the only guy who stood up when Milne shat himself and shouted "well done that plucky fellow" most fans would have pissed off with that. You make it out as if we're unique. 

Don't put yourself down Frank, you are the most unique out of all the Rovers fans on here!!!

On 10/9/2018 at 14:36, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd be happy to see that line up, but I suspect we'll go 4-4-2. so long as Vaughan isn't out for it (nothing mentioned so far though).  I'm actually hoping that Stranraer play Anderson as a striker for this one, as I think he'd give Murray a torrid time if he's played on the left.

Vaughan has an injured foot but should be fine in 2 weeks, Duggan should be back healthy too. Matthew Elder posted it on twitter.

Murray was dug shite on Saturday which was a shame because i like him, was not close to Linn all game.

On 10/10/2018 at 06:45, CALDERON said:

Hopefully we can kick on now, 4 points from back to back games against Dumbarton and Arbroath is absolutely fine, providing we get the result against Stranraer. 

Yes, ANY win is a good win in this game.  Builds confidence for us and gets Arbroath looking over their shoulder.

Excellent! A new thread to turn into a car crash. Challenge accepted!

I’ve started taking my eldest daughter to the game. She is 8 and for some mad reason she likes going. She sees quite a few of her classmates at the games, which is quite heartening. Maybe the attendances will hold up. Would be good to get a few more kids for a quid games, but I think half-season tickets for me and her will be the order of the day.

On the game itself, Stranraer managed a draw with us earlier in the season and they are W3 D3 L3 so far. I noticed Grant Anderson scores against Dumbarton last time out in their 3-2 victory. Seem to be doing okay.

After the thrashing of Dumbarton and the shakey draw with Arbroath, can our saviour McGlynn get his first home win?

I really do hate the international break, love tournaments but just this 2 week break stuff is total guff.
Can’t wait for the McGlynn interview to go up online later this afternoon, it’ll also may spark some life in to this thread.

As long as everyone is fit, this would be my XI -
Thomson
Murray Davo Bene Crane
Flanagan Hendry Nat Vaughan
Nisbet Duggan

I really do hate the international break, love tournaments but just this 2 week break stuff is total guff. Can’t wait for the McGlynn interview to go up online later this afternoon, it’ll also may spark some life in to this thread.

As long as everyone is fit, this would be my XI -

Thomson

Murray Davo Bene Crane

Flanagan Hendry Nat Vaughan

Nisbet Duggan

We only had a two week break because we’d been papped out the diddy cup.

Folk are only pissed off with the international break these days because Scotland are pish.

Once Stranraer’s two other fans who post on here turn up, the party will really get going. And of course there’s always Stevo Fife and King Kebab!!! now that East Fife have gone on a wee run.

On 10/10/2018 at 21:21, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Vaughan has an injured foot but should be fine in 2 weeks, Duggan should be back healthy too. Matthew Elder posted it on twitter.

Murray was dug shite on Saturday which was a shame because i like him, was not close to Linn all game.

I’d have Ross Mathews at right back, think he’d be outstanding playing there.

FFP saying Duggan still out and Vaughan likely to be out as hes not recovered as quick as hoped.  Leaves us with no strikers on bench if Buchanan is starting.  Interesting to read that if loan rules were different McGlynn saying he would get to bring in cover.  Only thing we can do is go with free agents.  Joel Thomas currently training with us.

FFP saying Duggan still out and Vaughan likely to be out as hes not recovered as quick as hoped.  Leaves us with no strikers on bench if Buchanan is starting.  Interesting to read that if loan rules were different McGlynn saying he would get to bring in cover.  Only thing we can do is go with free agents.  Joel Thomas currently training with us.

Joel Thomas? Was that the brute Ray Mac brought in for a few games?

Archived