St Mirren v Killie

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive missed my trips to the Paisley industrial estate.  Glad to have them back in the top division.

From what Ive heard a certain Kenneth Shiels esq will be in attendance and is planning on joining the Killie fans in the pub before the game. Although for once we wont be the side he's hoping will take all  points.

As for the game, I'm interested to see how we line-up with JJ out. Fingers crossed Broadfoot is back and we can drop S.Boyd to the bench again. Tish wasn't great v Dundee and SSC wasn't best pleased with his antics at the second penalty, so that combined with Byrne's good showings when he's came on might see him start ahead of the controller. 

MacDonald, O'Donnell, Broadfoot, Findlay, Taylor, Power, Byrne, Enobakhare, Burke, Stewart, Brophy?

As others have said I'd take a 0-1 win now given the key players away on international duty. Stewart to score it.

Got my tickets sorted for the game now. After the relative dross of yesterday's game and international football in general, I'm very excited to get back to the proper stuff on Saturday. It's been far too long since our last Paisley away day for my liking. 

Our West Stand is mainly season ticket holders now, one of the few positives this season is the commitment of the fans, think we've got record season numbers now. 

Downside for good supports like Killie mean they only get 1600. The old firm get both stands behind the goals though. 

Only 20 left from 1600 allowance, do St Mirren have an overspill area? Seriously as we have many fans who don’t read forums and usually get a ticket at New St Mirren Park

Killie only getting tickets for behind the goal on Saturday. Surely these fans will be able to get the info from the Kilmarnock website?

57 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Our West Stand is mainly season ticket holders now, one of the few positives this season is the commitment of the fans, think we've got record season numbers now. 

Downside for good supports like Killie mean they only get 1600. The old firm get both stands behind the goals though. 

It really is good to see that kind of effect in a club, when people who haven't had a season ticket for a while come back and commit to one. I was speaking to a lady  who goes to St. Mirren Park every home game quite recently at my work and she told me about how Stubbs had effectively killed the feelgood vibe that Ross and Fowler had created in their time at the club in a matter of weeks. Hearing how loud the away fans were at RP in the first game of the league cup group (seems like such a long time ago now!) was to me a sign that things were going very well indeed despite the change of manager over the summer. I don't think we'll see the same kind of game at all from that day though, we're vastly improved from then. I can't comment on St. Mirren's style under Kearney since I've not seen much of the highlights of how you've been so I can't comment on that, but I can see goals in this game. 

12 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

It really is good to see that kind of effect in a club, when people who haven't had a season ticket for a while come back and commit to one. I was speaking to a lady  who goes to St. Mirren Park every home game quite recently at my work and she told me about how Stubbs had effectively killed the feelgood vibe that Ross and Fowler had created in their time at the club in a matter of weeks. Hearing how loud the away fans were at RP in the first game of the league cup group (seems like such a long time ago now!) was to me a sign that things were going very well indeed despite the change of manager over the summer. I don't think we'll see the same kind of game at all from that day though, we're vastly improved from then. I can't comment on St. Mirren's style under Kearney since I've not seen much of the highlights of how you've been so I can't comment on that, but I can see goals in this game. 

There are 29 of a first team squad I can't remember having such a big squad. too many duds not up to the task signed by Stubbs. Your work mate is correct Stubbs wiped out the feel good factor. Can only hope there is a clear out in January that we can keep in touch with the bottom pack till January.  Have seen green shoots since Oran arrived at home games away games have been dismal though. You don't go to the football excited to see us now it's what are we going to get today. 

Killie only getting tickets for behind the goal on Saturday. Surely these fans will be able to get the info from the Kilmarnock website?

As I say, many of the elder generations don’t do the internet, in the past I have seen several people turn up expecting to be able to buy at the ground. There was an issue on our last visit where they opened the side gate about five minutes into the game and the stand was over full, let’s hope this is not the case again.

Almost down to single figures of tickets left for the away end.

This will probably be as good a place as any to ask.....are people sitting in the seats given on their ticket or are we just going to have a free for all?

My mate owns a garage right outside the ground as well (right where the wee food stall is) so will literally be able to park right on the doorstep.

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

This will probably be as good a place as any to ask.....are people sitting in the seats given on their ticket or are we just going to have a free for all?

My mate owns a garage right outside the ground as well (right where the wee food stall is) so will literally be able to park right on the doorstep.

Folk should sit on the allocated seats but they never do.

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I guess it'll depend on how rigorous the stewards are with enforcing it. For a game like this where they've put a row and a number on every ticket rather than "unallocated seating" I would expect them to try up until a point where too many are in to deal with it and they just give up. The stewarding at Falkirk for the whole unallocated seats thing was the best I've seen it done - common sense and just politely asking people to budge along until the rows are full. If stewards are sound and take a common sense approach then there shouldn't be any arguments over who gets the seats in that situation. However I expect the stewards on Saturday to  try their best to enforce the seats given to us on the tickets. 

4 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I guess it'll depend on how rigorous the stewards are with enforcing it. For a game like this where they've put a row and a number on every ticket rather than "unallocated seating" I would expect them to try up until a point where too many are in to deal with it and they just give up. The stewarding at Falkirk for the whole unallocated seats thing was the best I've seen it done - common sense and just politely asking people to budge along until the rows are full. If stewards are sound and take a common sense approach then there shouldn't be any arguments over who gets the seats in that situation. However I expect the stewards on Saturday to  try their best to enforce the seats given to us on the tickets. 

Now you say it I do recall the Falkirk game with stewards politely asking folk to move up one seat etc. Common sense stewarding and keeps pretty much everyone happy.

3 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Now you say it I do recall the Falkirk game with stewards politely asking folk to move up one seat etc. Common sense stewarding and keeps pretty much everyone happy.

It's up to each club who issues their tickets to do what they want ultimately, so long as they think they can handle it then fair enough. Games like the play-off at Falkirk show that it can be done even if you have a big or a sell-out in one area of the ground with a bit of common sense. However I'm sure no matter what way clubs do it there's going to be at least one person who's left disappointed.

44 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

All it takes is one or two not to sit in their allocated seat and the gemmes a bogie. With alcoholic beverages having been consumed that'll happen and it'll end up being a free for all.

Sold out now, btw.

This Armageddon is turning out to be terrible isn't it?

Seriously, love the fact that so many of the teams in Scotland these days are selling out season tickets and away game allocations. Can only be good for the game in general.

As for the match, 'mon the Feegie Junkies.

1 hour ago, killiemilan said:

You must have had different stewards to me, because they were absolutely useless where I was. Same at the Ayr game where I'd sat in my allocated seat and some old yin was having a near meltdown because "that's ma season ticket seat".

Is it only Killie fans who don't understand allocated seating, or is it a common problem?

Appreciate at most away games it's not sold out so you can just sit where you want, but if it's a sell-out or near to it then it's surely logical to sit where your ticket tells you to?

Archived