St Mirren v Killie

9 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I disagree. It's a football, it has come 10 yards.

Could well be sore, but the reason for stopping games for potential head injuries was for incidents that were head to head or elbow to head where instant treatment could prevent serious consequences to a player's health. 

What that clip doesn't show is that after stopping play with Saints attacking, Collum restarts by telling the Killie keeper to play on as if Killie were in possession - and of course that then gets the opposition riled, and Samson picks up a booking complaining.

Bobby, a head injury is an injury to the head, how it comes about is irrelevant.

It does not state anywhere that it has to be another head or elbow that inflicts the injury.

Also the game restarted with Killie in possession as Simeon Jackson had hit the rebound towards goal before the whistle sounded.

Hope this clears up any confusion you have been having.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Also the game restarted with Killie in possession as Simeon Jackson had hit the rebound towards goal before the whistle sounded.

Hope this clears up any confusion you have been having.

image.png.acf673fdd22f8ff548565df23bcfba76.png

:lol:

One thing that is clear from all the stuff that's been posted is that Collum has whistled just as the ball comes to Jackson.

Don't think anyone could argue that at this point Killie are clearly in possession of the ball.

It was a bizarre decision to restart as if Killie had kicked the ball out of play.

the game restarted with a drop ball, the st Mirren players chose not to contest it out of sportsmanship. I was near the front and collum even asked the nearest st Mirren player if he was sure he didn't want to contest it

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

image.png.acf673fdd22f8ff548565df23bcfba76.png

:lol:

One thing that is clear from all the stuff that's been posted is that Collum has whistled just as the ball comes to Jackson.

Don't think anyone could argue that at this point Killie are clearly in possession of the ball.

It was a bizarre decision to restart as if Killie had kicked the ball out of play.

Have you just used a still shot in an attempt to prove when the whistle was blown ?

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The big question for me is how the f**k can the standside assistant make that call when his view of the incident is quite clearly obscured by Boyd and Mullen to name but two players blocking his view. 

Enough with the conspiracy theories...... 

The linesman had an unobstructed view as he was standing on the grassy knoll !

2 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

Have you just used a still shot in an attempt to prove when the whistle was blown ?

Aye :lol:

Go back to page 14 and watch the GIF.

Just grabbed it at the instant Collum had put the whistle to his mouth.

Can even see with his body shape thought that he's in 'Willie doing something important' mode.

The big question for me is how the f**k can the standside assistant make that call when his view of the incident is quite clearly obscured by Boyd and Mullen to name but two players blocking his view. 

Tbh it deflects from the bigger picture which is our inability to defend corners. It seems that we’re set up to defend corners in one way only. Two Killie goals came from short corners. Killie weren’t bothered about going man for man in defence. First McGinn had to leave his man free at the edge of the box - he scores. Second, again, McGinn is the only one out for a short corner 2v1 easily beaten. Easy header at the back post.
Schoolboy stuff. I think it was a goal but the linesman ran with all the conviction of a man who had just shat himself.

Of all the teams that we've cantered past this season, below is my official list of best to worst in terms of the maturity of their reaction to their inevitable defeat.  1 is the best, 6 the worst.  League wins only.

1.  Motherwell  -  More acceptance than anything else.  Really mature reaction, what would be expected from our #TB4 brers.

2.  St Johnstone  -  Probably a mark of their deterioration that a loss in the derby didn't prompt as much gnashing of teeth as one would have hoped.

3.  Celtic  -  An series of unsuccessful attempts to appear ambivalent were enjoyable - but ultimately unconvincing.

--------------------------------------------------

4.  Aberdeen  -  Extremely unbecoming of #TB4 from our northern pals.  Refereeing conspiracy mentioned.

5.  St Mirren  -  The absolute state of this thread, extremely disappointing.  I wouldn't previously have imagined anyone would be worse than the Dees - but there's still a few pages of snotters to go "methinks".

6.  Dundee  -  Who else?

ETA - Apologies, meant to say that if any Buddies want to chip in with their lists, please feel free. 

2018/19 season only pls.

12 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Of all the teams that we've cantered past this season, below is my official list of best to worst in terms of the maturity of their reaction to their inevitable defeat.  1 is the best, 6 the worst.  League wins only.

1.  Motherwell  -  More acceptance than anything else.  Really mature reaction, what would be expected from our #TB4 brers.

2.  St Johnstone  -  Probably a mark of their deterioration that a loss in the derby didn't prompt as much gnashing of teeth as one would have hoped.

3.  Celtic  -  An series of unsuccessful attempts to appear ambivalent were enjoyable - but ultimately unconvincing.

--------------------------------------------------

4.  Aberdeen  -  Extremely unbecoming of #TB4 from our northern pals.  Refereeing conspiracy mentioned.

5.  St Mirren  -  The absolute state of this thread, extremely disappointing.  I wouldn't previously have imagined anyone would be worse than the Dees - but there's still a few pages of snotters to go "methinks".

6.  Dundee  -  Who else?

We appear to have broken Dundee, our convincing victory at Dens has been followed by sackings, players telling the supporters to F Off, new managers positions in doubt, total collapse of the team and now the impending return of Billy the Dudd !

I can only hope St Mirren are not caught in the wake of the Juggernaut and find a way to carry on #PRAY4BUDDIES

Can't believe anyone can watch the way the player crumbles the moment the ball smashes him, and claim the ref was wrong to stop play straight away.
Collums a fucking waster, but he's got that spot on.
I don't think it's the stopping play thing it's that he blows the whistle but then allows their keeper to kick it out after the treatment happens.

Can't believe anyone can watch the way the player crumbles the moment the ball smashes him, and claim the ref was wrong to stop play straight away.
Collums a fucking waster, but he's got that spot on.
I disagree. It's a football, it has come 10 yards.
Could well be sore, but the reason for stopping games for potential head injuries was for incidents that were head to head or elbow to head where instant treatment could prevent serious consequences to a player's health. 
What that clip doesn't show is that after stopping play with Saints attacking, Collum restarts by telling the Killie keeper to play on as if Killie were in possession - and of course that then gets the opposition riled, and Samson picks up a booking complaining.
He did yeah. And it worked, as the ref stopped an opponent's attack. Gave possession to his team, from which they almost scored.
OK I hadn't read these before my last post.

1 hour ago, Fony Titz said:

OK I hadn't read these before my last post.

To be fair, I seem to be the only person calling footballers/referees snowflakes for stopping the game after being hit by a football.

I played Sunday league football for 15 years, and saw plenty of people take whacks from footballs and never seen anyone injured (let alone seriously) from such an incident.

I've also been watching professional football for a LONG time, both in the flesh and on TV, and never seen anyone injured (let alone seriously) from such an incident.

Not saying it won't hurt, or that a football in the stomach can't leave you winded, or if a bit lower be exceedingly painful.

What was behind the move to stop the game for head injuries was in case a few minutes delay in getting treatment could have serious consequences.

Caution on things like head clashes, or bad falls, or elbows in face/head is understandable.

I just don't get why we stop the game when someone gets hit by the ball?

(Have also started going to watch Glasgow Warriors quite a lot, and see the punishment those guys can take without a whimper may also be what's reducing my tolerance with snowflake footballers)

Archived