St Mirren v Killie

I took this game in as a neutral, with my Buddy grandson. Quite enjoyed it, I have to say. Good first half from Saints, deserving their halftime lead. Impressed by their pressing, keeping Kilmarnock in their own half. Second half, predictably, all Kilmarnock and no surprise when they equalised. Cracking strike from Power although Saints were warned seconds earlier. From where I sat, no idea whether the second goal was legitimate. Didn't see the offside at St Mirren's disallowed strike but the flag was up immediately.

Dreadful decision making by Collum, stopping the game just because a guy gets hit in the coupon by the ball. He wasn't knocked out or anything. Then gives uncontested possession to the defending team, from which they nearly scored.

All in all, not a bad contest. I'd say the home team could have scraped a draw, but probably the more skilful team prevailed. On this showing, Saints should be okay and Killie top six.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

what beautiful game is that?

and it is impossible to ignore Ross' day-job/politics when you see him mincing up and down the touchline, impossible. 

I never noticed him at all. What side was he on ? 

Main Stand or West Stand ? 

I was engrossed with the happenings on the pitch to worry about assistant referees. 

Disappointed with the result although I did enjoy the match and the great atmosphere. 

The Ayrshire Killie Boys deserved their win. 

Great support from Killie. So much has been written about the game all I will say Saints first half Killie second half.. Killie second goal have no idea if it crossed the line or not was too far from where I was seated. Have switched the highlights on buddie vision and still not any wiser. The goal chopped off was not offside having watched the highlights it proves it. The ref had a shocking game

3 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Great support from Killie. So much has been written about the game all I will say Saints first half Killie second half.. Killie second goal have no idea if it crossed the line or not was too far from where I was seated. Have switched the highlights on buddie vision and still not any wiser. The goal chopped off was not offside having watched the highlights it proves it. The ref had a shocking game

Agreed the ref had a shocker as per his usual but it was the linesperson who called the wrong offside.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Great day yesterday. I thought that a draw would have been a fair result as St Mirren looked dangerous in attack.

great goal from power. Not sure if our second was over the line, but I wasn’t exactly sitting at a good angle for it. Nice to see Samson still failing as a keeper though.

on yesterday’s viewing, st Mirren will be fine (and I hope so too) but I’d advise getting a better keeper.

TBH McDonald's mistake for our goal was a horrible.

A better 'keeper required?

Thought we were lucky. As much as we were the better team in the 2nd half St Mirren had two clean cut chances and on a different day we'd be walking away beat 3-2. We are still a bloody good team though, it's delirium supporting this team just now.

Hopes yous stay up, you're better than you're getting and the boy Willock is a player. Well and Dundee are much shitter this year.
Saints put in a decent performance but in the 2nd half, Killie knocked the ball about like a side high on confidence. Thought your 2 central midfielders were very good the. Good noisy away support as usual.
Disappointed to not get something though as I felt we deserved it.
Our 3 home performances under Oran have been good although we only have one point to show for it.
Need to improve dramatically on the road though.

48 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Link?

47 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

Link?

It's on Buddie Vision which is a Saints subscription,  interviews , full match and highlights it can't be copied with a link. Not long to Sportscene. I'm not taking anything away from Killie here. It was a bad mistake from the officials we all suffer from it. 

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Dreadful decision making by Collum, stopping the game just because a guy gets hit in the coupon by the ball. He wasn't knocked out or anything. Then gives uncontested possession to the defending team, from which they nearly scored.

Just watched this back. O'Donnell is lying wiped out on the deck in the middle of the penalty area - you'd expect most referees to stop the game in that situation, particularly when it's a head injury. In terms of giving us back possession, the St Mirren player lobs the ball back towards MacDonald before Collum blows his whistle - I think it was a miscued cross. You could argue that he was distracted by Collum whistling just as he strikes the ball, but it doesn't really seem that way to me.

giphy.gif

I haven't really come across a conclusive angle for Jackson's disallowed goal - maybe we'll get one on Sportscene. Angles from behind the goal can be deceiving, but he certainly looks like he's just off here. You could make a case for Mullen being in MacDonald's eyeline anyway, but those usually don't get given.

5bccaad15cc57_ScreenShot2018-10-21at17_33_57.thumb.png.a6d5fdbd09135d5f88d2c4334832d9d1.png

32 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Just watched this back. O'Donnell is lying wiped out on the deck in the middle of the penalty area - you'd expect most referees to stop the game in that situation, particularly when it's a head injury. In terms of giving us back possession, the St Mirren player lobs the ball back towards MacDonald before Collum blows his whistle - I think it was a miscued cross. You could argue that he was distracted by Collum whistling just as he strikes the ball, but it doesn't really seem that way to me.

giphy.gif

I haven't really come across a conclusive angle for Jackson's disallowed goal - maybe we'll get one on Sportscene. Angles from behind the goal can be deceiving, but he certainly looks like he's just off here. You could make a case for Mullen being in MacDonald's eyeline anyway, but those usually don't get given.

5bccaad15cc57_ScreenShot2018-10-21at17_33_57.thumb.png.a6d5fdbd09135d5f88d2c4334832d9d1.png

At the time I remember thinking... “footballer heads football” and ref stops play. 

Collum is not the only ref to make such ridiculous decisions, but having taken a mitre mouldmaster to the face on cold winter days, modern day footballers - and football fans it would seem - are complete snowflakes if blocking  a shot from 10 yards away with your head is a ‘head injury’. 

22 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

At the time I remember thinking... “footballer heads football” and ref stops play. 

Collum is not the only ref to make such ridiculous decisions, but having taken a mitre mouldmaster to the face on cold winter days, modern day footballers - and football fans it would seem - are complete snowflakes if blocking  a shot from 10 yards away with your head is a ‘head injury’. 

Mullen's offside , think  Jackson is still on , but if Mullen moved towards the ball after the GK saved it , it's still offside !

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Being injured on your head is a head injury. That's what the words mean. I didn't say anything about the extent of the injury.

Referees stopping a game because a footballer is pretending to be hurt after heading a ball is just wrong. 

Archived