St Mirren v Killie

Because it's 2018, we are civilised human beings and have no need to be kept apart by fences, moats, Stewards, Police and dogs. We are quite capable of watching our respective teams play without feeling the need to indulge in manufactured tribalism or fabricated fairy stories of mystical beings and imagined birthrights. **

** Neither team has the term "Rangers", or "Celtic", in their title.
Pretty much this

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, killiekranky said:

Because it's 2018, we are civilised human beings and have no need to be kept apart by fences, moats, Stewards, Police and dogs. We are quite capable of watching our respective teams play without feeling the need to indulge in manufactured tribalism or fabricated fairy stories of mystical beings and imagined birthrights. **

** Neither team has the term "Rangers", or "Celtic", in their title.

giphy.gif 

On 10/15/2018 at 23:10, Andy_K_97 said:

It really is good to see that kind of effect in a club, when people who haven't had a season ticket for a while come back and commit to one. I was speaking to a lady  who goes to St. Mirren Park every home game quite recently at my work and she told me about how Stubbs had effectively killed the feelgood vibe that Ross and Fowler had created in their time at the club in a matter of weeks. Hearing how loud the away fans were at RP in the first game of the league cup group (seems like such a long time ago now!) was to me a sign that things were going very well indeed despite the change of manager over the summer. I don't think we'll see the same kind of game at all from that day though, we're vastly improved from then. I can't comment on St. Mirren's style under Kearney since I've not seen much of the highlights of how you've been so I can't comment on that, but I can see goals in this game. 

Stubbs killed the feelgood factor within weeks and replaced it with a resignation that we have no chance in this League with the dross he signed. Kearney is trying to make the best of a bad hand. He has dropped almost all of Stubbs' signings and signed 3 experienced pros that have been a big improvement. However we have injuries to some decent players so that also restricts team selection. Just hope to shitfest draws until Jan when we can revamp the squad.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

Stubbs killed the feelgood factor within weeks and replaced it with a resignation that we have no chance in this League with the dross he signed. Kearney is trying to make the best of a bad hand. He has dropped almost all of Stubbs' signings and signed 3 experienced pros that have been a big improvement. However we have injuries to some decent players so that also restricts team selection. Just hope to shitfest draws until Jan when we can revamp the squad.

Word is more will follow the big Dane out the door before January will take that to be loaned players. 

5 hours ago, Fide said:

Here's a piece of rather fetching leisurewear for your more discerning Buddie.

Image result for straight outta paisley

Is a brother that'll smother your mother
and on the wings provide cover
Dangerous motherfucker raising hell
and If I can't chop Boyd I'll get Frizzell

If you ever experience similar issues mate drop a PM through and I could get a ticket and post it to you as long as you cover the cost of the recorded delivery as well - that way we can avoid any issues of trust if it’s not delivered.

Cheers mate appreciate that. I’ve never had a problem before. Always call and tickets sent to me or pick them up at ground. Just with there being no home game since Motherwell I didn’t fancy driving the 87 miles each way to go to the shop. I might just start a Fife supports club and get tickets direct. Anyone fancy moving to fife and joining?

1 hour ago, RabG1869 said:

Cheers mate appreciate that. I’ve never had a problem before. Always call and tickets sent to me or pick them up at ground. Just with there being no home game since Motherwell I didn’t fancy driving the 87 miles each way to go to the shop. I might just start a Fife supports club and get tickets direct. Anyone fancy moving to fife and joining?

You just might get a few  Dundee converts supporting the juggernaut ( except chewing taffies he’s still trying to get his blood pressure below 200 !) :) 

Good question. We have a pretty lengthy injury list, including some of our better players.

This should give our fringe or younger players the chance to put themselves in the spotlight

Our defence has been suspect hence the number of goals we have lost and we dont score many. I think Jackson can make a difference up front but needs better service. Our midfield has talented players but unfortunately really need to toughen up as we have been bullied in some games this season.

There are some green shoots appearing since Oran came in. We are treading water until the January window.

Hopeful of getting a result but ultimately a Killie win very likely.

Yeah away win should be seen as likely. That said we seem to do better at home and are more competitive than away (not that that would be hard). I thought we did well second half v Hibs, if not having the quality to get a goal. The injury list and Stubbs unbalanced squad building hasn't helped us at all.  

40 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

Surprised to see the boy Coulson have his loan terminated, thought he looked excellent in the cup game at Rugby Park. Whats the script there?

Well he couldn't really defend and was better going forward. We signed others for LB and moved him forward. He was LM against Hamilton, got injured, we got gubbed and he wasn't seen again. I suspect we've decided to release as many of Stubbs loans as possible. 

58 minutes ago, BoydiesBelly said:

thought he looked excellent in the cup game at Rugby Park.

We all did. Just didn't follow that up with any sort of form. He'd probably be fine in, frankly, a better side. But when you're one of lots of young/new players with a shite manager, you're gonna struggle.

Comparable to the way Jack Ross had to bomb out Ryan Hardie and Lawrence Shankland at the same stage (ish) in the 2016-7 season. They are obviously good players but it wasn't going to happen for them then.

1 hour ago, BoydiesBelly said:

Surprised to see the boy Coulson have his loan terminated, thought he looked excellent in the cup game at Rugby Park. Whats the script there?

St Mirren fans read far too much into a glorified friendly.  Hoping that Saturday's result goes well so we can quote the post referring to "not having much to worry about with Kilmarnock" or whatever the line was.

PS - Was he not lined up against the boy Millen who we took from Queens Park on a short term deal?  I would suggest if it was S(G)OD out on our right hand side there wouldn't even have been a murmur about him.

32 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

I was also impressed with Coulson in that game. Thought he’d be a standout for Saints as he looked superb.

I think in a team that habitually attacks, Coulson would have been a bit of a shining star. He loves a bomb forward and is skillful.

He cannot defend to save himself, though and as such, is not going to get much traction in a team that is on the back foot most of a game.

Shame as there's a player there but he's definitely not what was needed at this moment in time. It seems like nearly none of Stubbs' signings are what we need.

Archived