Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen - 20th October 2018

2 hours ago, scottorae said:

A match where home advantage tends to count for a lot. If Hearts win I’d expect plenty of pant pishing from both sides but I expect Aberdeen to finish above Hearts come the end of the season regardless.

Let’s hope John Souttar is at his overplaying best

XtNQ18X.png

2 hours ago, Bohemian said:

0-0 cert, get on.

XtNQ18X.png

22 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Aye but I've never bet against my team ever. Obviously bet against Scotland yesterday. That's different.

Think it'll be close but don't see us winning. McInnes to shortest a draw?

Probably after going ahead.  :rolleyes:

XtNQ18X.png

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/10/2018 at 02:36, Illgresi said:

I'm gonna throw myself out here and predict a 1-7 victory for the glorious Dandies. Customary Considine f**k up for the Hearts goal, but also a hat-trick of sclaffed headers/tap-ins. McLennan to be rejected back to the bench in favour of McGinn. McGinn to do f**k all, McLennan to come on in the 75th minute (shortly after a Bruce Anderson double) to score a brace himself. Only to be then rejected to the bench again for the semi final.

I'm struggling to recall the last time Considine made an obvious howler for an opposition goal, so 'customary' seems extremely harsh. 

Although, now that I've said this, he is bound to have at least one on Saturday. I'm sorry. 

5 hours ago, scottorae said:

A match where home advantage tends to count for a lot. If Hearts win I’d expect plenty of pant pishing from both sides but I expect Aberdeen to finish above Hearts come the end of the season regardless.

Based on what? If we win we'll be 10 points ahead of you.  I know it's early in the season but I can't see us being a team that'll have long runs with poor results and Aberdeen don't look anything special.  Finishing above us regardless is a bold statement.

Based on what? If we win we'll be 10 points ahead of you.  I know it's early in the season but I can't see us being a team that'll have long runs with poor results and Aberdeen don't look anything special.  Finishing above us regardless is a bold statement.

Pretty sure Hearts won the first 5 or 6 a few years ago and fell away.

But other than that, based on us having a better squad. We’ve had a load of injuries to date in a tough start to the season.

13 minutes ago, scottorae said:

But other than that, based on us having a better squad. We’ve had a load of injuries to date in a tough start to the season.

So if we go 10 ahead it doesn't matter and you'll rein us in regardless? Righto.

Better squad as well, sure.  Good job we've not had injuries to compete with.

13 minutes ago, scottorae said:

We’ve had a load of injuries to date in a tough start to the season.

You haven't played the league leaders at fortress Tynecastle yet.

43 minutes ago, scottorae said:

We won five on the bounce in our first season back up and then slumped, a bit like Aberdeen after your winning run was ended that season, but yours stretched to eight. In the end we finished six points behind, which was roughly the gap for most of the season.

Your claim of having a better squad is laughable, as is the injury mewling - we've been without our captain since the second game of the season. We've also had similar fixtures so far with a round of matches nearly complete.

You likely already won't finish above the Gorgie. Lose on Saturday and you won't even get near us.

Unlucky, you sheep shagging fucker. greggy.png

I've only really watched Aberdeen against Hibs and despite shitfesting a penalty victory they didn't look too clever.

Hibs were a bit more fluid in Midfield than I expect from Hearts but we are better at finishing. Despite winning most games we have gave away a few chances in games we shouldn't but haven't been punished. 

Hearts win.

9 hours ago, Elixir said:

We won five on the bounce in our first season back up and then slumped, a bit like Aberdeen after your winning run was ended that season, but yours stretched to eight. In the end we finished six points behind, which was roughly the gap for most of the season.

Also I think the furthest we ever got ahead of Aberdeen when winning those five was 3 points.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hearts fans a wee bit sensitive yesterday. Hope they’re ok.

Not particularly sensitive here.  I'm hoping we can win on Saturday, and confident we will.  but I'm not daft enough to not think it's a tough game and one we could also lose.  Just find it weird  that if we go 10 ahead there are Aberdeen fans that think that size of gap doesn't matter and you'll catch us regardless.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not particularly sensitive here.  I'm hoping we can win on Saturday, and confident we will.  but I'm not daft enough to not think it's a tough game and one we could also lose.  Just find it weird  that if we go 10 ahead there are Aberdeen fans that think that size of gap doesn't matter and you'll catch us regardless.

He only predicted Aberdeen finishing above Hearts, hardly the most outrageous prediction.  I don't share his confidence quite so fully but fair play to him.  It's a nice change from the miserable c***s in our support.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He only predicted Aberdeen finishing above Hearts, hardly the most outrageous prediction.  I don't share his confidence quite so fully but fair play to him.  It's a nice change from the miserable c***s in our support.

It's not outrageous but if Hearts go 10 points ahead at this stage then it will be unlikely.

8 hours ago, Aylo vanal said:

It's not outrageous but if Hearts go 10 points ahead at this stage then it will be unlikely.

If you go ten points in front of a side at any point in a season it's obviously going to be difficult to overturn. As well as clawing back the original gap you then need to build on it, not slump, and then hope your opponent continues to slump and doesn't regain any real consistency.

6 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Aberdeen telling porkies about crowd numbers yet again I see. afCM0oK.gif

You're getting half the Roseburn, so about 1,750.

Let me check who this post is from by looking at the top it. Oh yes, it’s from Elixir. 

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Aberdeen telling porkies about crowd numbers yet again I see. afCM0oK.gif

You're getting half the Roseburn, so about 1,750.

I checked the ticket site 

Hearts are selling  Sections H & J to home support

Which leaves K, L & M minus however much of K is taken for segregation so it's conceivable that the away allocation amounts to just a little bit more than 2,000 

The bigger story is that there's not much left in the other stands so if you have mates that you want to sit with you're going to have to go for the Roseburn.

If on the other hand you've got no mates and are obsessed with how many tickets we sell then go for the very end of the section G where you can't see the roseburn so you won't see any empty seats 

The choice is yours

Archived