Heart of Midlothian v Aberdeen - 20th October 2018

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

We were shite and didn't deserve a win.

Didn't deserve a win? :lol:    That sounds like you thought you may have deserved a draw.

Are you still pished?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Didn't deserve a win? :lol:    That sounds like you thought you may have deserved a draw.

Are you still pished?

a draw wouldn't have been an injustice. clearly we didn't do enough to earn one although we could have nicked one but for outrageous decisions.

4 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Are you still pished?

Nobody would argue that Hearts dominated the first half. After SN missed his second penalty Aberdeen could quite easily have equalised. Good game to watch. 100 mph

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

a draw wouldn't have been an injustice. clearly we didn't do enough to earn one although we could have nicked one but for outrageous decisions.

Bilateral outrageous decisions. Even overall.

22 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

Nobody would argue that Hearts dominated the first half. After SN missed his second penalty Aberdeen could quite easily have equalised. Good game to watch. 100 mph

Yes they could have got a draw but they wouldn't have deserved it.

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

we were shite and didn't deserve a win.

The penalty decision and hearts' constant blatant diving were still awful.

In the first half especially, Aberdeen are the dirtiest team I’ve seen at Tynecastle for years.

How Gary MS was allowed to stay on the park is a complete mystery .

16 minutes ago, coprolite said:

really? i thought that the bleached lads booking for high feet was harsh but struggling to think of anything else that went against hearts. surely not the pen?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as you had a behind the goals view. Your defenders were fouling constantly and got away with it.

While l thought Clancy was poor. It was a difficult game to referee because it was extremely physical. Mainly from the Aberdeen players who had little in the way of knowing what else to do for the first 50 mins.

I'm suggesting that serious questions now have to be asked of him around recruitment and tactics. It's unquestionable that we are now going backwards so it's only fair that we should now start asking if he can turn it around.

We've priced out a lot of clubs who may have looked at him with the wages he's now on and our chairman is totally loyal to him. So even if people want him gone, he won't be going.

I do have my doubts as to whether his recruitment will be good enough moving forward.

I think del has enough credit in the bank to survive a difficult season, one I presumed we would have last year. Very difficult to replace the likes of McLean and Hayes but clearly we haven't even come lose.

Think yesterday should give him cause for reflection. While hearts created little first half and I presume the game plan was to let them come onto us we were badly unbalanced and offered Hee haw going forward. Second half so much better in attitude and tactics. We can't play with two strikers. We are at our best with a lively three behind one striker like the second half. McGinn was as good as he's been for a while and Wright was a revelation. The front four need a run of games together now and then the goals will come, probably not quick enough for some, or for Sunday, but i see signs of hope.

As for hearts. Classic Levein side. Utterly horrific but hugely effective shitehousing. And as for that massive c**t Naismith.

34 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Yes they could have got a draw but they wouldn't have deserved it.

Shots on, fouls and bookings were a lot closer than some might assume. Hearts did largely control the game though.

First half looked like a good team against a bad team. Second half looked like a real contest

It was basically the Livingston game in reverse.

But Livi got lucky and Aberdeen didn’t

26 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

I think del has enough credit in the bank to survive a difficult season, one I presumed we would have last year. Very difficult to replace the likes of McLean and Hayes but clearly we haven't even come lose.

Think yesterday should give him cause for reflection. While hearts created little first half and I presume the game plan was to let them come onto us we were badly unbalanced and offered Hee haw going forward. Second half so much better in attitude and tactics. We can't play with two strikers. We are at our best with a lively three behind one striker like the second half. McGinn was as good as he's been for a while and Wright was a revelation. The front four need a run of games together now and then the goals will come, probably not quick enough for some, or for Sunday, but i see signs of hope.

As for hearts. Classic Levein side. Utterly horrific but hugely effective shitehousing. And as for that massive c**t Naismith.

i think the biggest failure to replace us still Jack.

We need someone to take a touch or two in midfield.

Didn't think Hearts were too brutal for a change. They played some ok football in patches. We just can't cope with tempo. Or the diving. There was a lot of diving.

54 minutes ago, Neiljb said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as you had a behind the goals view. Your defenders were fouling constantly and got away with it.

While l thought Clancy was poor. It was a difficult game to referee because it was extremely physical. Mainly from the Aberdeen players who had little in the way of knowing what else to do for the first 50 mins.

obviously a question of perspective.

I thought Hearts had a clear ploy of throwing themselves to the ground any time a defender got near them. it worked well. 

1 hour ago, Lofarl said:

Looks like the Dons fans were lucky to escape that hard Hearts mob.

Absolutely disgusting that no-one jumped off that train and just threw the skinny fuckers over the fence. 

We gave Hearts far too much respect in the first half. The manager must take blame for team he put out with Wilson out on the wing while Cosgrove was just dreadful. Second half was more what I expected and Aberdeen dominated the first 20 and it looked possible we could salvage a point from a dreadful 1st half.

Didn’t think it was a pen looked like Ferguson fell over Naismith and handled the ball - haven’t seen tv highlights yet.

Thought Devlin had his worst performance for us while on a positive I thought McGinn was excellent when he come on.

Hopefully both us and Hearts win next weekend.

Up the dons

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Beautiful. :lol:

It's funny what people invent to give their minds a treat. We passed and moved the c**ts off the park at times, mainly in the first half. It'll be the exact same when we sword Hibs on Halloween.

Archived