SNP Annual National Conference 2018

ICTJohnboy

Can't believe there's a thread on the Politics Forum for the Tory Party Conference but nothing for the SNP.

Anyone with any time on their hands, today and tomorrow, could do a lot worse than tune into the Parliament Channel, Sky 504 or BBC I player. There has been several excellent speeches on here - too numerous to mention, and still lots to come.

Soak it up and rejoice in the positives on these weekend opinion polls!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'm going to win that fucking Peugeot 208 in the prize draw, I can feel it.

Looking forward to someone quoting me when Margaret from Saltcoats wins the damn thing.

Margaret from Saltcoats is a c**t.  I hope you win it instead.

7 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:
Have they got any plans to end austerity?

Aye borrow more and kick the problem further down the road.

Isn't that what we already do in the UK? Yoons keep slavering on about how we're subsidised. But fail to register that this so called "subsidy" comes in the form of debt. If Scotland actually got a fair share of it's return based on what it puts into the UK, then we'd be borrowing considerably less than we are.

This is more of a general question, but why is it that party member always talk 'conference' and not 'the conference'.  People always say things like 'I'm going to conference' and 'It'll be discussed at conference'.  Shouldn't it be 'I'm going to THE conference'?

This is more of a general question, but why is it that party member always talk 'conference' and not 'the conference'.  People always say things like 'I'm going to conference' and 'It'll be discussed at conference'.  Shouldn't it be 'I'm going to THE conference'?

Maybe it implies more participation, like I'm going to conference the f**k out eh they c***s.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

"The guilty yoon went to confession"

"The guilty yoon went to the confession"

Skipping the "the", makes it more personalized.

44 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Haven't been to any conference since the NATO one, whenever that was. Doesn't help that they're more stage managed than ever - is there anything at all on the agenda for this one that's likely to provoke any kind of debate?

The SNP are THE establishment party in Scotland with the others being totally irrelevant.  Sadly establishment parties fall into the trap of trying to dictate everything from the top, it eventually leads to dissent and inner turmoil.

I was naive enough to hope that under Sturgeon the SNP would avoid this.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The SNP are THE establishment party in Scotland with the others being totally irrelevant.  Sadly establishment parties fall into the trap of trying to dictate everything from the top, it eventually leads to dissent and inner turmoil.

I was naive enough to hope that under Sturgeon the SNP would avoid this.

If the establishment party isn't going to control everything from the top, then who else is going to step in and control things?

8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Can't believe there's a thread on the Politics Forum for the Tory Party Conference but nothing for the SNP.

Anyone with any time on their hands, today and tomorrow, could do a lot worse than tune into the Parliament Channel, Sky 504 or BBC I player. There has been several excellent speeches on here - too numerous to mention, and still lots to come.

Soak it up and rejoice in the positives on these weekend opinion polls!

Could you, or anyone, summarise the best speeches?

Aren't they all like "Westminster is terrible, Scottish people are brilliant" ?

(I did watch some of an SNP conference discussion event , 2ish years ago, about Israel. Was a hoot. There was an Israeli man there, SNP member, everyone ignored him, not Israeli,  cos they all had their own angle.)

47 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

Could you, or anyone, summarise the best speeches?

Aren't they all like "Westminster is terrible, Scottish people are brilliant" ?

(I did watch some of an SNP conference discussion event , 2ish years ago, about Israel. Was a hoot. There was an Israeli man there, SNP member, everyone ignored him, not Israeli,  cos they all had their own angle.)

Humza Yousaf and Ian Blackford stood out for me but there's been many others.

Parliament channel on Sky 504 are re-running all the action from today - virtually round the clock.

Tune in - you won't miss a thing - it sure beats EastEnders!

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Humza Yousaf and Ian Blackford stood out for me but there's been many others.

Parliament channel on Sky 504 are re-running all the action from today - virtually round the clock.

Tune in - you won't miss a thing - it sure beats EastEnders!

Thanks for replying.

We've heard about Yousaf and Blackford. Blackford with strong call to arms and Yousaf came up with mysogony as hate crime?

I was wondering if anyone else stood out, cos I won't be watching any of it by choice. Am I genuinely missing anything?

Archived