Arbroath vs Edinburgh City

Lichtie78

3 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

He’s a fucking paedo and you know it

What I know is this.

In 2011 he was convicted of lewd and libidinous behaviour online in exchanging inappropriate messages with a 12 and a 14 years old. I don't know what those messages were. I don't know what mitigating circumstances there may have been. I don't know if he reasonably could have known the ages of the girls. I don't know if there's any suggestion he was trying to meet them - there's certainly nothing like that in the conviction.

He was sentenced to a £4,000 fine and 5 years on the Sex Offenders Register. For a sexual offence involving minors that's about as little as you could possibly get, so his offence must have been at the mildest possible end of the spectrum.

I suspect that's exactly as much as you know, but you choose to be outraged anyway.

In my opinion he's got as much right to be in professional football as Barry Bannan or Michael O'Neill, who have convictions for drunk driving. That shit kills people. Bannan crashed and then fecked off, and did it on a provisional licence. In my opinion his behaviour is worse than Thomson's - and the sentence suggests the courts agreed.

I live in a naive world in which I hope people will respond to reason, nuance and balance. But if you and your chum prefer torches and pitchforks, you crack right on. I couldn't care less what you think.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City are easily the best side I've seen us play this season. It was seriously risky fielding our fringe players and we were badly caught out as a result. Maybe this is a wake up call that we need to strengthen our squad for the second half of the season.

If anyone in future moans about Mark Whately and why he plays every week, just show them the game from last night,
Fair play to City, they were fitter, faster, stronger and showed much much more desire than us

Well beaten by a very good Edinburgh side.We lost the midfield battle with the changes,which brought the pressure on our defence.Still never a penalty for Edinburgh 3rd a great dive by Shepherd,will the same thing happen to Shepherd which happens to Kilmarnock s Jones [emoji12]

4 minutes ago, WHM said:

Well beaten by a very good Edinburgh side.We lost the midfield battle with the changes,which brought the pressure on our defence.Still never a penalty for Edinburgh 3rd a great dive by Shepherd,will the same thing happen to Shepherd which happens to Kilmarnock s Jones emoji12.png

Looked to me if the ref was going to book him for diving then seemed to change his mind and give the pen very little contact no pen for me 

Good game for the neutral last night .
Edinburgh City very impressive really good going forward really deserved the win .
Great to see the players celebrated each goal with the fans and get no booking .

I've seen a lot of people say this, I thought it was a terrible game, but maybe that's because of just how shockingly bad we were.

Ian Campbell post match interview is good. Glad he has come out and said that we were poor and let the club down whilst also being positive about what's happened so far this season and the season ahead

City are easily the best side I've seen us play this season. It was seriously risky fielding our fringe players and we were badly caught out as a result. Maybe this is a wake up call that we need to strengthen our squad for the second half of the season.
Definitely Tim. None of the fringe players last night gave DC any questions to suggest they start before the regulars.

Archived